Offical 2009-10 NBA Season Thread

Thorton used his off arm
ohwell.gif

Bobcats Clinched their 1st playoff birth
pimp.gif

OK...now this fool KD is doing %%!@ I've never even really seen from him before. Blowing by dudes and dunking on them at will.

This dude....

Steve Nash willed his team to victory in that 4th quarter.  Him being on the team, makes them better players. 
laugh.gif

In all fairness, I've been impressed by Phoenix not folding this year.  This is twice I've seen them win a game against a decent team with either Stat or Nash on the bench in the 4th quarter.  Not a whole lotta teams can do that. 

Roc......I dunno.  Maybe.  I dunno if the Dallas rumors of Dirk were ever real or not, and 5 years later, I don't really remember what other offers were out there.  I remember we had asked for Wade, but Butler was best they would give us. 
laugh.gif

Props to the Bobs for makin it to the show. 

I love and follow OKC more than any other team in the league...but let's be real here. They're not ready to see LA in a series. I know ya'll hate LA more than anyone...but it wouldn't happen.

When GSW beat Dallas...it was all about matchups. OKC doesn't have that advantage.

Let's not forget...that like it or not...LA has a button. They pressed it last year when ya'll they looked underwhelming and everyone thought they wouldn't make it...and they'll likely press it again this month.

INY,

Just saying that IF they happen to beat them it'd be interesting to see what happens the rest of the way in the playoffs and even more interesting to see what would happen here...

Nice dunk by Thornton. Impressive.

And props to LB for getting his EIGHTH team to the playoffs. Again... impressive.

The Melo injury was weird. I was watching the game and the different angles showed him sort of snapping his neck after it hit KD's stomach. As the announcers said, it reminded me of a stinger. But I've never seen anyone knocked unconscious from a stinger.

a523e2e5af0946163decb0eabe57945a-getty-90044399ls023_nuggets_thunder.jpg

Nellie and them didn't have champagne. Had to use Mountain Dew and Sprite.
laugh.gif

525e15021686eb646e0291d64e96bd79-getty-90044397ds020_warror_twolv.jpg

a2d2375918ae19e42e878ff585f03d5f-getty-90044397ds017_warror_twolv.jpg

Okc wants no part of the lakers in the 1st round, they have trouble with teams that can score Inside

They better get out of the 8th spot

I'll be happy with any of it. 

OKC, get to watch Durant for his first series.  Love every minute of it too prolly. 
Spurs, get to prove how weak they really are.
Portland.  I really don't think I need to explain anything right here. 

Whoever is fine by me, it'll be good story lines across the board imo. 

Originally Posted by CP1708

OKC, get to watch Durant for his first series.  Love every minute of it too prolly. 

laugh.gif
funny you say that because when the Spurs beat LA you were no where to be found....
nerd.gif

any of these teams have a chance to pull an upset...  

OKC would not get past LA. maybe if their frontcourt was deeper, but no way.

You never know about KD though. that kid is just amazing.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

I love and follow OKC more than any other team in the league...but let's be real here. They're not ready to see LA in a series. I know ya'll hate LA more than anyone...but it wouldn't happen.

When GSW beat Dallas...it was all about matchups. OKC doesn't have that advantage.
they remind me a lot like the kings in 2000 where they took us to the full 5 games in the first round...OKC might go 7 games but they are NOT beating us...if they do then more power to them and the haters can have a field day

also when the warriors beat the mavs in 2007...it also helped that the warriors had nelly who basically built that team and his protege avery as the mavs head coach...word to chucky and his bucs

Originally Posted by Do Be Doo

laugh.gif
funny you say that because when the Spurs beat LA you were no where to be found....
nerd.gif

laugh.gif
  Where did you want me to be?  I been in here every single day other then weekends, what'daya want? 

Congrats on your regular season win.  I know it was big for you.  

As much as we all love the matchups and it's fun to argue them and all that, the 4 teams with homecourt have HC for a reason.  They'll win, with the possible exception of the 4-5 matchup. 
OKC, SA, Port are all going home first round, i don't give a @#$% who they play.  If I'm wrong on that, I'll be in this very thread, you can come laugh at me then. 
wink.gif

I'm not sayin OKC would have more than chance to push it to 6 games...just as a basketball fan, I'd like to see it.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

deep down inside you dont even think the spurs will beat the lakers

Deep down inside I think they have a chance....is that a bad thing?
grin.gif

And i agree Allen, I'd love to see OKC play us, in fact, what better damn way to learn then play the champs?  Go to 7 or get swept, either way, it would be a HUGE learning experience for all those guys. 

And I agree on them being a little like Sac in 2000 when they pushed LA to the full 5 games.  Could be similar, let's just hope they don't turn into scared little girls in 4th quarters as they get older like the Kings did. 
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
nerd.gif

As much as we all love the matchups and it's fun to argue them and all that, the 4 teams with homecourt have HC for a reason.  
Cause they have a record that is better by two games???  But Regular season games don't even matter so...

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Nellie and them didn't have champagne. Had to use Mountain Dew and Sprite.
laugh.gif

a2d2375918ae19e42e878ff585f03d5f-getty-90044397ds017_warror_twolv.jpg
Steph stands out SO damn much. Kid's the only one with his jersey on, and the only who looks like he's about 12.

Why Corey staring at Devean like that though.
sick.gif

I'd like to see things play out this way..

Lakers (1) VS Portland (
glasses.gif

Dallas (2) VS San Antonio (7)
Denver (3) VS OKC (6)
Utah (4) VS Phoenix (5)

Maybe flipflop OKC and POR. I'd love to see OKC and Denver go at it though, they seem to play eachother relatively well. I HONESTLY wouldn't mind playing Denver in the second round though, as long as Marion is 100% healthy and can stay with Carmelo. Better than damn Antoine Wright playing him.
tired.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

laugh.gif
nerd.gif

As much as we all love the matchups and it's fun to argue them and all that, the 4 teams with homecourt have HC for a reason.  
Cause they have a record that is better by two games???  But Regular season games don't even matter so...

No, but homecourt advantage in the playoffs do.  Way to think things thru their bro. 
wink.gif

Unless of course you are going to argue against 35 years or so of the homecourt teams winning the majority of the time. 

Back
Top Bottom