Offical Lil Wayne " The Carter 3 " Countdown

The album was named the "#1 most anticipated album of 2007" by XXL, but would be changed to a 2008 release date.

[h3]Album leak[/h3]

After most of the album leaked to the Internet in mid-2007, Lil Waynedecided to use the leaked tracks, plus four new tracks and make an album out of them, titled Tha Carter III: The Leak.[sup][1][/sup]The Leak will be officiallyreleased December 18, 2007, with the actual album being delayed until February 12, 2008.[sup][1][/sup] When questioned about the unplanned album leak, Lil Wayne said:
We have to find out exactly what's out there. I'll probably just [collect] all the songs that's floating around and make my own mixtape called "The Leak" since people want the music so bad. To tell you the truth though, there's a song I did with Kanye West out there-of course you want to do the peanut butter dance and save that for your album, but the rest of them songs probably wouldn't have made the album. There's a song floating around that says 'produced by Timbaland'; Tim didn't produce that record though.[sup][3][/sup]

[h3]Music[/h3]
Lil Wayne stated in XXL magazine that producers will include Kanye West, Scott Storch, The Runners, Timbaland, and will.i.am. Lil Wayne also stated that he will be working with former Cash Money Records producer MannieFresh.[sup][4][/sup] In aninterview with HipHopCanada.com, Solitair of the Black Jays stated that he and Cipha Sounds produced a track for Lil Wayne's "new project" (possiblyreferring to Tha Carter III).[sup][5][/sup] The Runners have stated that they have produced three tracks for Tha Carter III.[sup][6][/sup] Lil Wayne also stated that he has written a track for Eminem, which he has yet to send to him.[sup][7][/sup] He described this song as the "craziest".[sup][7][/sup]

Collaborators include Birdman, EnriqueIglesias, Jim Jones, Juelz Santana, Justin Timberlake, Kanye West, The Game, and more.[sup][8][/sup]

MTV reported that Wyclef Jean worked on a couple of tracks for the album. MTV also reported that a trackfeaturing Justin Timberlake, Nelly Furtado, and Timbaland islikely to appear on the album.[sup][3][/sup][sup][7][/sup]David Banner also confirmed that he will becredited for five tracks that will appear on the final cut of Tha Carter III.[sup][9][/sup]

February 18th , 2007 The Day It All Happens " The Carter 3 "

laugh.gif

weezy goes platinum 1st week
smh.gif

i am countin down the days.

i aint really trippin of the leak. but weezy is gonna own 08. i like how he's kinda keepin a low profile rite now in preparation of TC3.
He better put those songs in a safe where no one can jack 'em or bootleg it.

In an interview with HipHopCanada.com

weezy got his own canadian wall street journal.

that enrique inglesias track is gonna be a banger tho..............

Lil Wayne also stated that he has written a track for Eminem, which he has yet to send to him.[sup][[/sup]
Excuse me, what? As in Wayne wrote a verse and thought Em would sound better spittin it or Em has requested Wayne to write a verse for him? Justcan't be the latter of the two..
smh.gif

So this this carter III the leak going to be a mixtape or an offical cd release?

collaborations from enrique, justin, and nelly, enriques song suks, am happy that mannie fresh is back in this thoug

Dudes pumped up for a LP of recycled tracks
alien.gif
and counting down another cd that comes outnext year and will likely be pushed back again
alien.gif
alien.gif
. I don't hate lil wayne, but its these fans that are trip.

Its good that he's doing some work with Mannie once more. Maybe that old Weezy can come out again.

FIRST ALBUM IMMA BUY IN YEARZ!!! LAST ALBUM I BOUGHT WAS THE EMINEM SHOW YEARS AGO LMAO

Excuse me, what? As in Wayne wrote a verse and thought Em would sound better spittin it or Em has requested Wayne to write a verse for him? Just can't be the latter of the two..
smh.gif

i was thinking he wanted to do a track with em... much like em and jay with renegade but maybe im wrong...

Back
Top Bottom