Offical: Manny Pacquiao vs. Juan Manuel Marquez III 11/12/11

Originally Posted by blazinRook

Originally Posted by RavageBX

I know a lot of black people who don't like Money Mayweather because he's loud, flashy, arrogant and has been perceived to duck fights. I don't know any Filipino that doesn't like Manny. Just saying.

Personally I couldn't care less about Floyd's personality. I cheer for him because of his skill.
but really...what is to hate about manny? 
that he likes to sing lol...

all he does is fight, give back to his country, and sing...
Nothing. Other than the endless amounts of people who think he's Jesus in a pair of boxing trunks and gloves. I don't think anyone really dislikes Pac. Nice guy. Great fighter (shady corner people but that's another story). People dislike his irrational fans, which is the topic at hand. Manny has an inordinate amount of irrational fans, many of whom have no clue what they're talking about. When Manny was on his way up and rumblings of a fight against Floyd came about my first thought was that is not a good look for Manny. As they say, styles make fights. From all the boxing I've watched over the years and from what I've seen of the two fighters I personally came to the determination that Floyd would beat Manny. His style of fighting and natural abilities are the perfect antithesis to Manny's (as many of us knew before, and even more know now). I'm sure many other people came to the same logical and unbiased conclusion. I'm also sure that like myself, many who came to that conclusion were attacked not only by a legion of Pac stans but also by a growing amount of MM haters. I got attacked on facebook, twitter, and in email for saying I think MM would beat Pac. Attacked because people thought it was ridiculous to request stricter steroid testing of all things
laugh.gif
People questioned my boxing knowledge, talked all kinds of nonsense about MM dodging Pac, and even went as far as to say that I was rooting for MM only because he's black or because he's "hip hop." This is what has caused many of us to display ire out of the ordinary in regards to this matchup. It's gotten to the point where I'm less interested in a great fight and more interested in shutting up a million and one stans. And I hate that fact, but it is what it is. Boxing needs to refocus, this fight is step one. Step two is a cleanup of the corruption. Step three is getting all these casual fans to actual learn a thing or two about the sport.
End rant.

It's gotten to the point where I'm less interested in a great fight and more interested in shutting up a million and one stans. And I hate that fact, but it is what it is

CO SIGN!!! I don't hate Manny at all. I just want him to lose just to shut his dumb @#$ fans up!!! When I posted a FB status about how at the very least it should've been a tie, 2 of my Filipino friends agreed with me, and then some other dude came in and called my 2 friends traitors
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
To most Pacquiao fans he can never lose just because of his ethnicity.

I know a lot of black people who don't like Money Mayweather because he's loud, flashy, arrogant and has been perceived to duck fights. I don't know any Filipino that doesn't like Manny. Just saying.

Personally I couldn't care less about Floyd's personality. I cheer for him because of his skill.

Nothing. Other than the endless amounts of people who think he's Jesus in a pair of boxing trunks and gloves. I don't think anyone really dislikes Pac. Nice guy. Great fighter (shady corner people but that's another story). People dislike his irrational fans, which is the topic at hand. Manny has an inordinate amount of irrational fans, many of whom have no clue what they're talking about. When Manny was on his way up and rumblings of a fight against Floyd came about my first thought was that is not a good look for Manny. As they say, styles make fights. From all the boxing I've watched over the years and from what I've seen of the two fighters I personally came to the determination that Floyd would beat Manny. His style of fighting and natural abilities are the perfect antithesis to Manny's (as many of us knew before, and even more know now). I'm sure many other people came to the same logical and unbiased conclusion. I'm also sure that like myself, many who came to that conclusion were attacked not only by a legion of Pac stans but also by a growing amount of MM haters. I got attacked on facebook, twitter, and in email for saying I think MM would beat Pac. Attacked because people thought it was ridiculous to request stricter steroid testing of all things
laugh.gif
People questioned my boxing knowledge, talked all kinds of nonsense about MM dodging Pac, and even went as far as to say that I was rooting for MM only because he's black or because he's "hip hop." This is what has caused many of us to display ire out of the ordinary in regards to this matchup. It's gotten to the point where I'm less interested in a great fight and more interested in shutting up a million and one stans. And I hate that fact, but it is what it is. Boxing needs to refocus, this fight is step one. Step two is a cleanup of the corruption. Step three is getting all these casual fans to actual learn a thing or two about the sport.
End rant.

This

laugh.gif
End rant.
joker.gif

Originally Posted by dako akong otin

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by TCURDA

Mayweather Stans are as equally annoying as Pacstans. Yes this is true!

false. 
the reason why this is false is because floyd mayweather does not have a whole country behind him as pacman does. having a whole country behind you means you will have the majority of your fans not knowing a damn thing about boxing and just going along because pacman is filipino much like fans in mexico. country pride makes people say alot of dumb things. 

Floyd mayweather's fan base is not the least bit extreme as pacmans fanbase. most of mayweather supporters are just boxing fans in general who recognize his skill and want to see a good fight. there is no culture attachment to his fanbase whatsoever. 
I hate to agree... but this is true

I'm not defending Pacquiao fans but to say PBF fans aren't as extreme isn't true. Both sides always agree with whatever is beig said by both camps. And it's not even Manny himself speaking, it's his handlers. Floyd on the other hand is actually doing the talking. So when he ranted after the Ortiz fight and screamed at Larry Merchant that nobody wants to see a black man on top many on here agreed and countles more on Facebook did the same. Not as extreme? Not true at all.

Originally Posted by Lightweight Champion

dako akong otin wrote:
NobleKane wrote:
false. 
the reason why this is false is because floyd mayweather does not have a whole country behind him as pacman does. having a whole country behind you means you will have the majority of your fans not knowing a damn thing about boxing and just going along because pacman is filipino much like fans in mexico. country pride makes people say alot of dumb things. 

Floyd mayweather's fan base is not the least bit extreme as pacmans fanbase. most of mayweather supporters are just boxing fans in general who recognize his skill and want to see a good fight. there is no culture attachment to his fanbase whatsoever. 

I'm not defending Pacquiao fans but to say PBF fans aren't as extreme isn't true. Both sides always agree with whatever is beig said by both camps. And it's not even Manny himself speaking, it's his handlers. Floyd on the other hand is actually doing the talking. So when he ranted after the Ortiz fight and screamed at Larry Merchant that nobody wants to see a black man on top many on here agreed and countles more on Facebook did the same. Not as extreme? Not true at all.

Floyd did not say anything about ''nobody wants to see a black man on top'' he said Larry Merchant never gives him a fair shot always criticizing him and never giving him his respect and thats true he has been doing that for years

Originally Posted by sammietheboss

Lightweight Champion wrote:

dako akong otin wrote:

NobleKane wrote:

false. 

Floyd did not say anything about ''nobody wants to see a black man on top'' he said Larry Merchant never gives him a fair shot always criticizing him and never giving him his respect and thats true he has been doing that for years

That makes it even more worse because the Floyd fans went to the extreme to say that.

false. 

Your opinion is null and void since your scorecard for the Marquez-Pacquiao III fight was 115-113 for Pacquiao.

laugh.gif
End rant.
pac and mayweather stans are annoying..but don't let them stray you away from being a fan of either.
i don't let anyway sway my opinion on boxers who i decide to follow. Voice your opinion and stand by it, ignore those that don't give valid points. 

(i don't bet against mayweather or pacquiao both are great fighters...although i enjoy pacquiaos fighting style a little more..nothing but respect for money may)

Originally Posted by MAKITA

false. 

Your opinion is null and void since your scorecard for the Marquez-Pacquiao III fight was 115-113 for Pacquiao.

You're a Mayweather stan who trains at the Mayweather gym and wanted to fight me and a few others because you caught feelings. You telling me my opinion on the fight and fans like you is irrelevant and laughable at best. Come up with something better to rebut and try again. And for the record, you didn't mention that I re-scored the fight and had it a draw only after Marquez was up 96-94 going to the 11th but stopped fighting.

Originally Posted by BdeaZy

Manny > Floyd Jr.

in and definitely outside the ring.

laugh.gif

U know pacquiao personally ?

dude probably punts babies and u claiming he's such a great individual

a grown man shouldn't be so lame

Manny > Floyd Jr.

in and definitely outside the ring.

Is that why Floyd paid for Joe Frazier's funeral? 
http://msn.foxsports.com/...e-Frazier-funeral-110911

How about the FMJR Foundation?

http://tfmjf.org/

Oh and not just Joe Frazier'z funeral, he paid for Genaro Hernandez's funeral 

So yeah, shut up about **!% you know nothing about and don't judge people you don't know. Floyd may be flamboyant and flashy but dude has a heart. Nobody alive isn't without sin, not even your idol Manny. Manny stans.....worse than LeBron stans. 

Originally Posted by MAKITA

You're a Mayweather stan who trains at the Mayweather gym and wanted to fight me and a few others because you caught feelings. You telling me my opinion on the fight and fans like you is irrelevant and laughable at best. Come up with something better to rebut and try again. And for the record, you didn't mention that I re-scored the fight and had it a draw only after Marquez was up 96-94 going to the 11th but stopped fighting.

You sound mad little boy.
Go sit down.

laugh.gif

It still doesn't change the fact that you still scored it 115-113 for Pacquiao the first time.

Shows how biased you are towards your god.

You challenged me to a fight, yet I'm mad? How's that work?

The first man to resort to violence is the first man to run out of ideas. That's you
wink.gif

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

So yeah, shut up about **!% you know nothing about and don't judge people you don't know. Floyd may be flamboyant and flashy but dude has a heart. Nobody alive isn't without sin, not even your idol Manny. Manny stans.....worse than LeBron stans. 
I think people are referring to his trouble with the law and assaults which isn't a good look.

One thing I saw watching HBO's replay of the fight about Pacquaio is his footwork movement where he throws a punch launches himself to a different position and throws another punch in a nice progression..

May be great footwork.. But if you are up against a great defender, and with the speed to boot, Pac is then leaving himself WIDE OPEN for big shot because he has his hands down when he moves from position to position..

Not to mention they are uncontrolled and wildly thrown lunging punches..

i aint gonna lie, jinny be looking good at times.. she looked too white in the last fight.

Back
Top Bottom