Offical: Manny Pacquiao vs Juan Manuel Marquez IV thread.

Compubox stats don't lie.

pacquiao-gets-knocked-out-data.gif

You say that he would have gotten to Marquez by the 9th of 10th had it gone on, but who's to say say he wouldn't catch another overhand right just like both that put him on the mat?

Hush now :lol:

Can't you see they're trying to forget that already? :lol:

I wonder why Mayweather hasn't spoken his mind about this... I been on his twitter since the end of the 6th round last night. LOL.

Last edited:
I think Floyd is disappointed that he didn't get to knock out Pac, thanks to uncle bob. Or whatever happen to those negotiations...who really knows...

I'll be mad if I was in Floyd's spot.

But he'll say something when he's training for his next fight.

anyone see the pictures of manny being knocked out on instragram?  its wrong but some are too hard not to laugh

I posted this in the boxing thread...might as well put it here

I think JMM is on something....idk what...but i don't believe he was clean

Why is the media making it seem like this wasn't that big of a deal? The headlines are like "Marquez finally gets retribution". I understand manny was building some steam and just got caught flush and basically walked into an overhand right. But if JMM is not on some sort of roids.....he just KOed an all time great in what will probably be the KO of the year. Just seeing Manny lay face down motionless on the canvas was a shocking sight to me. But the media is seemingly down playing it idk why.

I also want to give TONS of props to Manny. Takes a real man to keep composure like he has after 2 losses. The man has never shied away from a fight. He said it himself...his job is to fight. Everyone knew JMM gives him fits....yet still said lets do it again and was up for a fifth. And when he got robbed against Bradley he was very gracious in defeat even though any normal person would have been flipping out. Props to you Pacman. You learn a lot about who a man is when times are tough.

It's true. You just don't see someone put on that kind of muscle in the twilight of his career. And to all of a sudden have one-punch knock out power? Even Nacho Beristain admitted that he was shocked by it. He said his fighter has never been a one-punch KO guy.

http://www.boxingscene.com/nacho-admits-he-shocked-by-marquezs-ko-win--60281

These kinds of things just don't happen in boxing. An old fighter giving his strongest performance at age 39. Chances are that he was on EPO, but only olympic style blood testing would have caught it. It's too late now to prove, but the world suspects something fishy.

I posted this in the boxing thread...might as well put it here
I think JMM is on something....idk what...but i don't believe he was clean
Why is the media making it seem like this wasn't that big of a deal? The headlines are like "Marquez finally gets retribution". I understand manny was building some steam and just got caught flush and basically walked into an overhand right. But if JMM is not on some sort of roids.....he just KOed an all time great in what will probably be the KO of the year. Just seeing Manny lay face down motionless on the canvas was a shocking sight to me. But the media is seemingly down playing it idk why.
I also want to give TONS of props to Manny. Takes a real man to keep composure like he has after 2 losses. The man has never shied away from a fight. He said it himself...his job is to fight. Everyone knew JMM gives him fits....yet still said lets do it again and was up for a fifth. And when he got robbed against Bradley he was very gracious in defeat even though any normal person would have been flipping out. Props to you Pacman. You learn a lot about who a man is when times are tough.

So your in disbelief that a boxer who arguably lost the last two fights against Marquez got knocked out. Dude caught a straight shot to the face and ya'll talking like its impossible for him to hit the deck

@tyisny, I don't think anyone is arguing the fact that Pacquiao got caught with a perfectly timed counter shot. What we're suspicious of is how different Marquez looked as a fighter on Sat compared to all of his past fights. He's never been a devastating puncher like that. That was just surreal. I'm talking about the first knock down, too. He had never dropped Pacquiao in any of the previous 36 rounds that they fought. Pacquiao's power, on the other hand, was consistent with all of his previous fights. He's always been a heavy-handed puncher.

@tyisny, I don't think anyone is arguing the fact that Pacquiao got caught with a perfectly timed counter shot. What we're suspicious of is how different Marquez looked as a fighter on Sat compared to all of his past fights. He's never been a devastating puncher like that. That was just surreal. I'm talking about the first knock down, too. He had never dropped Pacquiao in any of the previous 36 rounds that they fought. Pacquiao's power, on the other hand, was consistent with all of his previous fights. He's always been a heavy-handed puncher.

this.

although hopkins was still dominant at the same age

this.

although hopkins was still dominant at the same age

Yeah, but Hopkins stopped knocking dudes out after Trinidad and De La Hoya. He also lost muscle tone over the years, a natural thing for an aging fighter.

Back
Top Bottom