Officer shoots Motorcyclist

I am not usually so quick to condemn a police officer for his actions.. but this one (I believe) is a blatant misjudgement. The victim is paralyzed.

Video from squad car here.

A never before seen police dash cam video was shown in court today in the trial of an Ottawa Hills police officer accused of shooting and paralyzing a man during a traffic stop.

The video shows Officer Thomas White following Michael McCloskey and his friends on their Harleys. At one point, McCloskey takes off at a high rate of speed. Officer White hits his siren and McCloskey stops his bike.

[h4]Related Content[/h4]
Story: Testimony in Ottawa Hills officer trial

Story: McCloskey testifies in Officer White's trial

Video: RAW VIDEO: Officer White's dash cam footage (no sound)

Officer White ends up shooting McCloskey. Attorneys for White say he believed McCloskey had a gun. However, McCloskey was unarmed and appears docile in the video.

The jury will have to determine if the shooting was justified. White is charged with felonious assault and faces up to 11 years in prison.

Don't agree with the officer, but why are the taking off speeding like that when they know a cop is directly behind them..

Originally Posted by ljlukelj

Don't agree with the officer, but why are the taking off speeding like that when they know a cop is directly behind them..

Drunk and High - but still considering the video, the officer did not know that and there wasn't any reason to fire off. The officer put two rounds in the guy, per testimony.

Damn.

Dude was just chilling and the cop blasted him in the back. That $%!# was uncalled for...
smh.gif

I know no amount of money is going to make dude walk again, but I hope the family of the victim sues and win. I also hope that cop gets his face stomped flat in prison.

straight up getting shot? he didnt even move an inch. and only 11 years if found guilty?? thats attempted murder in my book

As a police officer, you are recognize, respected, and paid to but yourself in dangerous situations. If each one of these cops goes around shooting suspects the very second they feel their lives are in dangers, a lot of people would be killed/paralyzed. You can anyone a badge and a gun and they can do what these wussies do - no police academy or special training is needed. Shooting people and writing tickets. Scum of the earth.

that right there folks was a man whos life changed in a split second
pathetic

word to green day

"Is the cop or am I the one that's really dangerous?"

This happened about 10 minutes form where Ilive. The shooting doesnt seem justified at all to me. I'm not surprised it happened in Ottawa Hills, whichis a upper class area in the center of Toledo, OH if anybody was wondering.

This happened about 10 minutes form where Ilive. The shooting doesnt seem justified at all to me. I'm not surprised it happened in Ottawa Hills, whichis a upper class area in the center of Toledo, OH if anybody was wondering.

Back
Top Bottom