Official “We Own this City” April 25th Thread vol. David Simon back

best episode yet imo...
jenkins wildin to the max...
:lol: "that's just not cool man" after robbing the stripper...
hard to believe maurice ward just kept throwing away the money...

didn't really care how they portrayed the uprising after freddie gray.

It was portrayed from the cops perspective, because the show is about the cops.

Dude really robbed a ****** stripper :rofl: What they said 85% ***. :lol: I really want to know what happen. She probably wouldn't do anything more than dance, and he asked for his money back, and took all her money.

That scene in episode 1 really happened. Glad they included it.

Actually, all of this really happened. It’s kinda crazy looking at it from tv. When you know all this is real life stuff, and blatantly unjust. But we just go along with it, like everything is normal. :smh:

That re enactment or whatever of the opening the safe was so ridiculous. “Another by the books raid!”. If he was really acting like that in the vide I would see that video as a giant red flag (not like the pd gave a ****). Anyone know if that real video is actually out there?

That re enactment or whatever of the opening the safe was so ridiculous. “Another by the books raid!”. If he was really acting like that in the vide I would see that video as a giant red flag (not like the pd gave a ****). Anyone know if that real video is actually out there?

Real video probably never made it outside of the courtroom.

The actual video is out there. Watched it and felt cheated because they didn’t record the part where they were discussing how they were going to execute the game plan 🤣.

Last edited:
Just starting this. If Wayne Jenkins was really out here with the simple jack look I know he got roasted. Had to help fuel his ****ery.

I’m on ep 4 right now

Just wanted to say with so many Wire alum, too bad Michael Lee (Tristan wilds) and snoop aren’t in this. 2 of the best characters imo (for the air time they got)

Wild thing is it seemed Jenkins had good enough instincts to be a decent cop if he was a decent person.

I need to check out this 7 part BBC series when I get a chance

Season finale tonight ladies and gents. Getcha popcorn ready cuz it seems like it’ll be a gd doozie.

These five eps so fah are so gd poignant. No corny *** lines like “the game IS the game” :rolleyes

Lemme so oh yeah! And apple podcast has a podcast w one of David simon’s Baltimore local writers deep divin each ep. I strongly recommend if you’re into this universe.

Who wants to guess what happens?

My guess?…

so suiter was obv shook af when the news broke about the internal arrests. What if he goes full heel and gets Jenkins and alla dem bodied up somehow??

Like remember old boy at that crime scene said he doesn’t talk to cops and suita goes, “I’m homicide” and he gets the reply, “well you weren’t born one, all then cops are crooked as hell” and suita just keeps his mouth shut and when drinkin at the bah he said “I’ve seen things” which is another way of sayin “I’ve done things” and knows Jenkins could rat re: takin the money from that table to get a reduced sentence as well as other dirt. We’ll see. I like suita he’s one of my fave charactiz but ya neva know…this reminds me of sopranos series finale and breaking bad finale where there’s a lot on the line re: charactiz you like and what if it goes out “guns blazin”? So many possibilities.

1653958074039.png

1653957956064.png

Jenkins was actually rather likable, unlike Herschel.

Dude was just stealing from civilians, beating them up for talking back and sending them to jail.

Back
Top Bottom