**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Wish it coulda been Amar'e and Melo on that cover.

I was thinking the same thing. 

I like that this team is becoming a half court team. That has everything to do with Billups and Melo. Billups is heady enough to know when to push the ball as opposed to Raymond who'd just gun all the time. I like Anthony Carter, who's converted me. He's very tough defensively and against guys like Rose and Jameer in the playoffs in a half court set, that will matter a lot. 

Im counting on guys like Walker and Williams to step it up down the stretch to keep our guys as fresh as possible. The bench isnt too bad. The dependence on the 3 pointer is. Feast or famine but we dont have a slasher off the bench per se to generate foul points. I do think we'll miss Chandler for that reason, but at the same time, it is what it is. Walker could be that guy. 

Landry did appear a bit off last night, but he wasnt tenative and as a rookie that's important. Especially as our starting SG. I still dont like the Jeffries addition, but at this point size is size. As long as he handles the ball in the high post as a "point forward" (if he can even do that) with Melo and Amare on either wing that's good size for us.

I dont believe in the Bulls at all for the post season. They're a team where Rose dominates the ball. No team where a lead guard has (or wants to?) to take an OD amount of shots can ever make noise when it matters. If they get Rasual Butler, that's a threat from try so good for them, but it's like if they combined all their SGs, they'd have the perfect 2.  Regardless, their problem not ours.

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Wish it coulda been Amar'e and Melo on that cover.

If Melo went to the Knicks about a month ago he would've likely been on the cover too.

Magazine covers shoots are usually done a few weeks prior to magazine hitting newsstands/bookstores etc.

Melo in his home white for the first time.

5lsz1k.jpg

Not to knock off the hardwood classics but are they wearing the home white jerseys tomorrow for the Cavs?

Anybody else think we should play more zone at times. Just to catch the opponent's offense off guard?

Like zone for two possessions, then go man to man and swarm the ball or to get in passing lanes, and so on and so on. I think mixing it up in a balanced way especially when we have the lead can help a lot.

I noticed Melo hasn't worn the whites while watching the replay today on NBATV.

That SLAM is copped x2, going on display replacing my MJ GQ cover.

Those game paintings are awesome. Prints on sale?

For the 1st time in my deep Knicks "fandom", I can say it feels good. I was too young to appreciate the Ewing era in all its glory, and '99 was the catalyst to really following the hometown team, for me. Since then, I often questioned why the hell I rooted for this franchise. I never left though, and now after a decade, all I know about NY Knicks basketball is pathetic failure. I don't know how to react to this new-found hope; this concrete hope! Like son, we have an opportunity to be real players in this league! So many things can happen so I won't make any outlandish statements. However, the pieces are in place to take us to the promised land. If by some wacky chance you're reading this Donnie Walsh, I think I love you dude. This guy has given me something I've never had in my life (pause); a basketball team I can be hopeful for. A basketball team where some losses will truly be heartbreaks because basketball is finally meaningful again in NYC. Do you realize that basketball has returned to NYC? A decade or doormat status seems to have been reversed in what now looks like the blink of an eye (although the motions took 3 years).

This just hit me today folks.
istockphoto_13171838-tears.jpg

I'm not even joking about this. Regardless of whether we win a championship in the next few years or not, Donnie Walsh deserves a statue or something to be named after him. He did the impossible, and did it in 2 years.

I'm 23 and been a Knicks fan since about 8 years old when a friend of mine would invite me over to watch games..So I've technically been a fan since 1996..I was hyped when we got Sprewell and still remember those fast break tomahawk dunks he would throw down..I loved Allan Houston's jumper and always wanted to shoot like him..I still respected Ewing because he was still on the team but wasn't in his prime..Remember Chris Childs choking out Kobe
laugh.gif
..I literally had a tear roll down my face when Houston hit that floater in the lane against the Heat that gave us the momentum to win that series..I remember missing the LJ 4 point play because I was out with my family but I heard it live on the radio and still remember that sports casters going NUTS and I was so hype to run home and watch the replay on tv..When I first saw it I was going crazy as if I saw it live myself...The way the Garden erupted had me
eek.gif
eek.gif
and still gives me chills to see

Even though we went through a lot of crap, I wouldn't change anything..There are so many young Lakers/Spurs fans that have grown accustomed to winning rings so when it happens they're just like ehhh..Same with the Yankees..The Yankees are my favorite baseball team but when they were winning in the late 90s, everyone expected it so it wasn't as big of a deal. People were pretty much just happy because they got a day off to see the parade
pimp.gif
Basketball has always been my favorite sport in life so for me I've always dreamt of seeing the Knicks in MSG raising up that NBA Championship Trophy..And seeing two superstars and great athletes like Melo/Amar'e one day holding up that trophy would bring tears to my eyes.

^ had to try to one up Super...didn't ya?
grin.gif
laugh.gif

Donnie ain't done, though...when Dwight jumps ship, there's gonna be another free agent out there...
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by d5

Not to knock off the hardwood classics but are they wearing the home white jerseys tomorrow for the Cavs?

Am I the only one who wishes we go back to the old hardwood classic jerseys that we're wearing?? I prefer those over the new jerseys.

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

For the 1st time in my deep Knicks "fandom", I can say it feels good. I was too young to appreciate the Ewing era in all its glory, and '99 was the catalyst to really following the hometown team, for me. Since then, I often questioned why the hell I rooted for this franchise. I never left though, and now after a decade, all I know about NY Knicks basketball is pathetic failure. I don't know how to react to this new-found hope; this concrete hope! Like son, we have an opportunity to be real players in this league! So many things can happen so I won't make any outlandish statements. However, the pieces are in place to take us to the promised land. If by some wacky chance you're reading this Donnie Walsh, I think I love you dude. This guy has given me something I've never had in my life (pause); a basketball team I can be hopeful for. A basketball team where some losses will truly be heartbreaks because basketball is finally meaningful again in NYC. Do you realize that basketball has returned to NYC? A decade or doormat status seems to have been reversed in what now looks like the blink of an eye (although the motions took 3 years).
I can relate to every single sentence in this post
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Some non-basketball related Knicks stuff if y'all care. Already posted it on Twitter over the past few days:

Shake Shack introduced the Car-Mallow Anthony Shake in honor 'Melo joining the squad. It'll be available at all Shake Shack locations until March 13th. $5.75.. it ain't cheap. (I liked it though, not sure I $5.75 liked it though
laugh.gif
)

tumblr_lhi6ij8JWZ1qc3yilo1_500.jpg

Also, the night 'Melo was traded to the Knicks, he already had a sandwich named after him at the famous Carnegie Deli in New York City.
"The Melo

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

Originally Posted by d5

Am I the only one who wishes we go back to the old hardwood classic jerseys that we're wearing?? I prefer those over the new jerseys.
THIS

pimp.gif

There's a Shake Shack right across the street from my job. Gonna try it out at least once.

Originally Posted by d5

You are not the only one.  The more I have been seeing them lately the more I wish we would go back.  I also wish they would wear the throwback whites for a home game.  Maybe its just me but it annoys me to see the home team wearing a colored jersey.

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

Me and my boy were watching the game last night and we were talking about how good it felt to watch the Knicks play good. I've been watching the Knicks since 93-94. Haven't had a good team since 2000. It's just an incredible feeling. I told my girl I still get butterflies when I see Melo in that NYK jersey 
roll.gif

Originally Posted by FlatbushFiyah23

Originally Posted by d5

You are not the only one.  The more I have been seeing them lately the more I wish we would go back.  I also wish they would wear the throwback whites for a home game.  Maybe its just me but it annoys me to see the home team wearing a colored jersey.
I hate the new jerseys but it does annoy me too to see a home team not wear white.  Then again I could care less if they wear pink as long as their winning. 

That thing looks small as hell though
laugh.gif

I can't even justify myself spending $4 on starbucks, not to mention 6. Maybe im just a cheap !%*
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

that melo sandwich looks #++#*%+ amazing. i mean really, really good. It's like a heart attack in between two slices of bread

Back
Top Bottom