**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

That was tough b.

frown.gif

30t6p3b.gif

I woukd like someone to explain why melo should drive inside when everyone knew he wouldn't get a foul call. He knew what was happening

We just gotta live with the fact that when you're an elite team and have rings, you get the benefit of a doubt from the refs..When it's your 1st time in the playoffs in 7 years, the refs don't always give you those 50/50 calls..More times than not, they won't...Is it right? Absolutely not..But that's just the way the NBA is..It's like when you have a rep for talking in class and the quiet kid asks u a question and the teacher bugs out on you because you have the rep of being talkative..For Example: That charge called on STAT where he kicked it out to TD and he hit that 3. That was a 50/50 play but STAT has a rep for charging over people, so the Celtics get the call...50/50 play where Melo pushed Pierce's arm and Pierce flopped..Melo has the rep of being physical so he gets called for the offensive foul

...and not like he would've gotten a foul call, the C's just clogged up the paint down the stretch and pretty much got Billups injured (no call, and who knows how serious the injury is).

Last play was a scramble, Tony got him the ball late and he just rose and took the jump shot.

Not like he had 10 seconds, there was what, 4 seconds left as he took a step and rose?

@%*% happens, we got screwed, try to steal Game 2.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

try to steal Game 2.

It's a must if we want to win the series IMO.

Melo gotta show up and force the refs to make calls for us. Attack. Him going out early messed his flow up for the game. He likes to get off to fast starts. I expect for him to try and do that on Melo.

Also wondering, Bill Walker was BIG for us in the 1st half. What happened in the 2nd ?

But overall I was pleased with the energy on defense. We had a chance to win and should have. 

Hurt real bad though.
tired.gif

all we can do now is try to get a comfortable lead so it doesn't come down to the wire like this again, and the game is decided by the refs.
( i hate sounding like the guy putting it all on the refs but this entire first round seems fishy for all underdogs)

This is the only way we beat the celts in a game.

Originally Posted by GaBeGRaMz

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

try to steal Game 2.

It's a must if we want to win the series IMO.

Melo gotta show up and force the refs to make calls for us. Attack. Him going out early messed his flow up for the game. He likes to get off to fast starts. I expect for him to try and do that on Melo.

Also wondering, Bill Walker was BIG for us in the 1st half. What happened in the 2nd ?

But overall I was pleased with the energy on defense. We had a chance to win and should have. 

Hurt real bad though.
tired.gif

didnt bill walker sub in for melo? maybe thats the reason... 

Yeah, he was subbed in for Melo in the 1st, but being that he played well he should have gotten time in the second. His defense was tough and he was scoring and getting to the basket at will.

D'antoni has done this many times during the year though.
30t6p3b.gif

I might get flamed for this, but if I ever had to pick a B squad, it would be OKC. I'm envious of the bigs they got, and Westbrook was supposed to be a Knicks pg. They're home crowd is electric too.

oh yea, they got that Durant guy too on the team.

Yeah Walker made a horrible situation manageable (Melo getting two quick fouls), his contribution early on was huge.

Field's has not been the same since the trade, but I think he will adjust fine the longer he plays with the unit. Could take until next season though.

I don't have words to describe the feeling right now...

..but IMO yes the Melo call is bad, but Garnett clearly tripped TD on the back screen to get Shuttlesworth open. To me that was a more obvious infraction and to compound it Melo gets hit with the ticky tack foul the previous trip, then Garnett's is 50x more blatant but he gets away with it. IMO this is disgusting, just @%*!+%+ disgusting.

I gave Fields some slack. Rookie player going against a vet team with a SG who ran him around screens. He has to cut his teeth somehow.

Im real disappointed. D'Antoni isnt mentally tough at all

Originally Posted by KingJay718

Wonderful shot by Ray Ray though.
Definitely. Boston is so diverse. If not Ray beyond the arc, then PP at the elbow, or KG on the wing/in the post/alley-oop.

Originally Posted by StylishStef89

There was a lot of home team love, but we still could have stolen this game.
This right here. Knicks had their chances but simply didn't execute down the stretch.

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

1.i understand why melo took that 3 (away game you always go for the winand i guess he was trying to get a foul called too), so i'm not evenmad about that.
Agreed.

Originally Posted by KING x RIECE

Should've went to stat down the stretch
I have to agree with that as well.

Chauncey seems to put us deeper into holes when we're getting into one. Like instead of getting set or feeding the hot hand etc., he does %++* like pull up for a 3 on a fastbreak with no one around to rebound. He reminds me of...well %++*...Toney Douglas.

I was going to come in here and hopefully discuss that same exact thing Ballinsam23.

I definitely think Garnett intentionally tripped Douglas. If you watch it in real-time it's pretty easy to determine that he was trying to do that.

Over and over I rationalized in silence (while still in awe of everything that happened) saying it was just 1 game. But it was as demoralizing as it gets. Can we bounce back? YES, will we? It remains to be seen.

Tuesday can't come any sooner though, I'm sick. Not watching ESPN/buying the paper or anything.

Back
Top Bottom