**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Not fouling is inexcusable and the biggest blunder this team has had in a long time and that is saying something.

I was proud at the effort and heart plus Melo's performance but how do you not give yourselves a chance?

Squandered BOTH games. The Celtics are not much better, if at all right now. At worst this should be 1-1.

Def choked 2 games away. The Celtics are not as good as I thought they were. Yall had a great chance to win 2 playoff games on the road.

My question is how do the other 4 guys stand and watch while Melo gets doubled in the last few minutes? Bill posts by the 3 point line when he hasn't made a shot all game. It made no sense at all. A simple cut could've broke down Boston's defense those dudes were gassed on those rotations late in the game.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

I hate that %#%**** rule allowing you to throw the ball to the back court, makes it easier for the opposition.
sick.gif
Still don't get why you can't do it on 2k.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Why is everyone on this site obsessed with Rick Adelman? What the hell has he done in the past 10 years besides get jerked by the refs and get a team of scrubs to play hard?

Apparently, our coach fails to do this.

Seriously..How do you let Delonte West run the clock out there? Melo is just staring at his $$* for a good 2-3 seconds before they threw the ball in. And Jefferies? Seriously? Go up strong and try to draw a foul.

It's like the Knicks are full out ******s when the game is in the final seconds.

With that being said, I think ya'll win the next 2.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

provided Amare and Chauncey can play, I do think we're sending this back 2-2.
If both are able to play, then there is no reason they can not send it back to Boston 2-2 the way the first two games have panned out (on the road nonetheless).
If they can't, realistically it will be down 1-3.

We cannot close Boston out, that's all that needs to be said at this point.  There's nothing Melo can do out there with the scrub team we had to play because of injuries, but it still does hurt and it is the same result.  Jared Jeffries
eyes.gif

I don't know if my heart can take any more playoff games between the Knicks and the Rangers. 

And I don't get how someone who needs to pray to make any jumper(Rondo) drops 30 on any team. 

Originally Posted by KING x RIECE

Originally Posted by DubA169

Knew the ending
x3. I cant blame this L on anyone, we just cant close. Could have EASILY been up 2-0 or at least 1-1 imo. Only thing I would have done differently is put in shawne williams or even fields bum %+$ for walker. Team played with heart and you cant take that away though.

Originally Posted by youngin33

We cannot close Boston out, that's all that needs to be said at this point.  There's nothing Melo can do out there with the scrub team we had to play because of injuries, but it still does hurt and it is the same result.  Jared Jeffries
eyes.gif

I don't know if my heart can take any more playoff games between the Knicks and the Rangers. 

And I don't get how someone who needs to pray to make any jumper(Rondo) drops 30 on any team. 

Rondo said it after the game "Toney Douglas kept backpeddling and never stopped the ball"
30t6p3b.gif

i watched the replay 10 times and in slowmo jeffries woulda gotten stuffed by kg. his only legit option to score after he caught it was to use his pivot to spin baseline and lets be real, its jared jeffries.

we played with crazy heart and melo willed us, but we got outcoached in the end. celtics are the best team out of timeouts imo. their sets are perfect. ours only set play thats worked at the end of games is a basic surprise the D amare 3.

i give the knicks credit too for playing with a short roster, playing great defense, and playing with effort... but im tired of these morale victories especially against these celtics this year... its really disappointing knowing that we should have won both games...the first game we were up the whole game up until the last few minutes and then fell apart at the end same goes for this game except that the score was going both ways but we actually had a lead late in the 4th and just had costly turnovers, bad defense and execution again...its frustrating... i guess all we can hope for is to get these next two games

Originally Posted by presumed

Originally Posted by youngin33

eyes.gif

Rondo said it after the game "Toney Douglas kept backpeddling and never stopped the ball"
30t6p3b.gif

The only thing you have to do is deny him the paint.  

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Why is everyone on this site obsessed with Rick Adelman? What the hell has he done in the past 10 years besides get jerked by the refs and get a team of scrubs to play hard?

The man is one of the best coaches in the league.  His teams are efficient and with the right pieces deadly, He's never really consistently had superstars in their prime to do something.  Dudes Kings teams used to frustrate me with just how perfect the offense would flow, it was like you couldn't stop it.
And i agree, celtics don't even look that good, we can beat this team.  Doc Rivers is a great coach though.

I dont get it...You guys could have easily won both games. some how the celtics, not even playing up to par on any of these games win by such little edge....smh..I see a 2nd rnd EXIT for the celtics coming...asuming they make it out of rnd 1

I don't know what the hell Toney was doing.

I get not committing to Rondo with the idea he's just looking to pass, but after he burns you once..you need to re-adjust. And you DEFINITELY can't give him the opening to his right, if you want to make him go to the basket at least give him the left side.

Dantoni got 2 go i mean his 4th qtr execution is reminding me of why Phoenix Suns got rid of him
he is the worse when the game on line

i dont even roll with the knicks, but i want them to win so badly...it just sucks to see them get so close, and not be able to close it out.
i feel like melo is gonna get ripped either way by the ny media, which just sucksss. he kept them close without amare and chauncy.
how is jeffries trying to make that pass?
could have easily been 2-0 or 1-1
but the celtics always squeak it out...

^ exactly... hes like a poormans version of sloan... he does a lot with less... adelman had 2 good teams and they were for very short stints... ok maybe 3 if we count tmac and yao playing at seperate times... but he had a old portland team then he had a really good kings team who was good for 3 years max and then did great with a depleted roster these last 3 years with the rockets...you can only imagine how good he would be here with melo and stat in their prime...he knows how to execute and actually run plays instead of run to the 3 point line all day and don't play defense...we need a new coach period...if we keep mike around he maybe good during the regular season and get 50 wins but be terrible in the playoffs because of his lack execution at the stretch of games...

Originally Posted by Gottips3

I dont get it...You guys could have easily won both games. some how the celtics, not even playing up to par on any of these games win by such little edge...
experience and proven champions
Spoiler [+]
jared from subway > jared jefferies

Back
Top Bottom