**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

The New York Knicks did more than complain about two non-calls in the final minute of Game 1 against the Celtics. They sent tape of two controversial plays to the league office, according to an NBA source.

The Knicks had problem with Kevin Garnett's collision with Toney Douglas that preceded Ray Allen's game-winning 3-pointer with 11.6 seconds left. And they also pointed out to the NBA that Delonte West ran onto the court after Allen's 3-pointer to chest bump Allen and the Knicks wanted a technical foul for six players on the court.

According to the source, the NBA admitted that Garnett's trip of Douglas, who was chasing Allen, was a foul while West's running onto the court would have been ruled a delay of game.

There's no curse when you only have 1 good player on the court at a time
laugh.gif

Centers are a dime a dozen, you just need someone who is serviceable and a very good PG who can break down a defense.

Originally Posted by DubA169

The New York Knicks did more than complain about two non-calls in the final minute of Game 1 against the Celtics. They sent tape of two controversial plays to the league office, according to an NBA source.

The Knicks had problem with Kevin Garnett's collision with Toney Douglas that preceded Ray Allen's game-winning 3-pointer with 11.6 seconds left. And they also pointed out to the NBA that Delonte West ran onto the court after Allen's 3-pointer to chest bump Allen and the Knicks wanted a technical foul for six players on the court.

According to the source, the NBA admitted that Garnett's trip of Douglas, who was chasing Allen, was a foul while West's running onto the court would have been ruled a delay of game.
::tongue:lays worlds smallest violin::

Originally Posted by Al3xis

looking at the available options is depressing.
Your telling me...And I'd rather swing for the fences with Oden than settle for mediocrity with Samuel Dalembert
sick.gif

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Originally Posted by PMatic

Originally Posted by KING x RIECE

Any chance of us getting Marc Gasol this off-season ?
Nope.

Doesn't it really depend on the lockout/cap issues?

Very true but;

a. You've got to think teams will be given special ways to retain their own players. Especially small market teams.
b. Heisley has made it apparent he wants and will spend the money to keep the core together. He's showed in the past he will spend if he thinks it's right.
c. Marc enjoys living in Memphis. He lived there when he went to high school and has his family live with him now.

Agree.

I'd rather draft someone like Jordan Williams than end up giving Dalembert a contract.

Tyson Chandler is my ideal choice and would over pay for him but we already know Cuban thinks his window to win still isn't shut and will pay up.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

He seriously said the reason why he didn't foul Delonte last night with 4 seconds left down 1 point in a playoff game against the Celtics was because he couldn't get to him. I've never seen anything like that in my entire life of playing basketball.
Sadly, you sound like some of the brainwashed NY media. No one is taking into account the fact that Melo played the ENTIRE second half. Maybe you should go suit up, carry your team on your back for an entire game, and then find the energy to go chase a fresh & speedy Delonte West for a foul at the very end.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

You don't agree that Melo needsto get to the rack more?
I definitely agree w/that. Blame Mike's system. Look at Gallo in Den. He started driving more and expanded his game once he got out of this system. Melo, on the other hand, has seemingly regressed a bit. All he does is launch jumpers now. He even admitted that he enjoys this system b/c he doesn't have to play in the post anymore like he had to in Den. His infamous "no more bully ball" line.

Imo, this team would be a terror w/Chomps @ the top of the 3 pt line, STAT in the post, and Melo @ the elbow on the opposite side.

Originally Posted by MrONegative

What hurts is finding out that Amar'e...Mr. Almost Saved Game 1...hurt his back in the pre-game warmup showing off...
I don't want to rip STAT b/c none of us saw the actual dunk where he hurt himself. But yeah, I too was a little disappointed that he would pull a Tony Allen in warm-ups. I NEVER understood why guys dunk hard during warm-ups.

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Someone take these tickets off my hands

Both are for game 4, Sunday April 24th at 3:30 @ MSG.

Section 338 - Row J - Seats 5,6 - $400

and

Section 211- Row E - Seat 7 - $250

Willing to negotiate. Can email the tickets instantly upon agreement.
sent yu a DM bro

Yo the rangers are about to tie their series at 2 a piece.. after losing the first two by close games. Don't see how the Knicks can't do the same.

saw it posted somewhere earlier but i refused to watch it knowing it would be horrible and i would end up wasting a minute of my lunch break watching it. damn was i right, that was pretty bad.

Originally Posted by sircharles2ol3

Yo the rangers are about to tie their series at 2 a piece.. after losing the first two by close games. Don't see how the Knicks can't do the same.

laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom