**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

Enh, I love Jamal (nh), but Chandler > Crawford for this team. Don't get me wrong I'd welcome Jamal back with open arms, but not at the cost of losing Thrilson Chandler.

edit: using my backup SN today. SPJ

just seen on sportscenter that melo has demaded a trade. can this really happen ? please someone say yes
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by onewearz

just seen on sportscenter that melo has demaded a trade. can this really happen ? please someone say yes
laugh.gif

Is this new or the same story that was running yesterday?  Cause he hadn't officially demand a trade as of last night.

Originally Posted by onewearz

laugh.gif
you fools keep getting my hopes up... this seems to be the same story from last night
30t6p3b.gif

At this point, the question isn't IF we'll get Carmelo, more of a question of WHEN...I think we wait till right before the trade deadline and throw them some crap like Randolph, Curry, Gallo and a pick and we keep Fields and Chandler...They have leverage on us now because they think Walsh will panic that the Nuggets would trade him to a contender where he might change his mind...If I remember correctly, Mark Cuban said early in the season that he would take Carmelo for the 2nd half of the season even if he meant he didn't sign an extension because he would be valuable enough in the playoffs and that he was confident he could convince him to stay long term

Let's hope Walsh plays it safe and waits till the last second on some eBay "bid with 10 seconds left" type stuff

Like I said yesterday the Nuggets can have anyone they want besides Chandler, Fields, Felton, and ofcourse Amare.

One more thing...Carmelo demanding this trade and saying he'll ONLY sign an extension with the Knicks actually hurts us because no man with any ego would allow that to happen as an owner...Kroenke runs the Nuggets and he's not gonna go out like a punk at mid season on some "Yes sir Mr. Carmelo sir..Whatever you say sir" by trading him to the Knicks while we're on an 8 game win streak..Plus, the Nuggets could sign and trade in the offseason the way the Knicks did with David Lee so I don't see this being as easy as NYK fans are making it out to be

Originally Posted by KING x RIECE

Like I said yesterday the Nuggets can have anyone they want besides Chandler, Fields, Felton, and ofcourse Amare.

and douglas... we need a backup point and he is solid for us

Idk if CP3 or Deron would be needed as much as we thought..

I just really want Marc Gasol..
If not then Tyson Chandler or Dalembert..
Then sign a cheap vet PG

Originally Posted by you go boy

Originally Posted by KING x RIECE

and douglas... we need a backup point and he is solid for us
i can't stand him but you got a point.

No on Tyson Chandler. I don't care if I won a championship with him on the Knicks in 2K10 (Tyson, Prince, Aflalo, Lee, and Me)

Read through the last few pages and agree with Big J, MrO and UPPTEMPO.

ESPN had me convinced signing dude in the summer meant we could have our cake and eat it too.
Now it sounds like he put us and Denver FO in a tough spot.

I think Melo is mature enough, that if he's playing in his backyard under that criticism, he's gonna rise to the occasion.
I just wish we had a center to add to this team too. Mozgov ain't it. Turiaf never healthy. Maybe we can get one at the deadline or something.

Originally Posted by This Aint Aruba B

ESPN had me convinced signing dude in the summer meant we could have our cake and eat it too.

I think Melo is mature enough, that if he's playing in his backyard under that criticism, he's gonna rise to the occasion.
I just wish we had a center to add to this team too. Mozgov ain't it. Turiaf never healthy. Maybe we can get one at the deadline or something.
Camby or Dalembert?

I'm not poppen bottles until we officially have Melo, I'm still salty over what another FA did to us this past summer

I need to stay away from RealGM...I swear my blood pressure rises every time I read posts over there.

Anyways, we have to realize that as much as we like Chandler, Fields, Gallo etc. they are expendable. Chandler is one of my favorite players on the team, but a 17/6/2 SF is a very common player is this league. I would love to keep him as a 6th man, but if he has to go so be it. Fields has been a great surprise, I doubted him heavily on draft day and he's proved me wrong. Even with all that, he's still expendable. While I appreciate Gallo's heart and love for the city, I don't think he'll ever be the star some expect him to be. If we have a chance to truly turn this team around in a short period of time, we should take it. This team's ceiling is limited.

don't think fields is expendable. we need him for his rebounding and uncanny ability to always be around the ball. plus i think his defense is solid. and he's a cheap contract

i wouldn't want to move felton, amare or fields. anyone else can get moved if Necessary. (i would give them 2 players of their choice plus a pick)

It will at the very least take Gallo, Fields, Curry and either Randolph or the 1st round pick that we might get for him. You're fooling yourself or a complete backwards homer if you think Denver is entertaining anything other than that. You might even have to throw Chandler in there as well.

My stance is split on whether or not to trade for him now. On one hand, you have the trade. You give up a good amount of your rotation players to get him. You still have pieces Felton, Douglas and Amare to throw out there with Carmelo but that's 4 - 5 players being lost for one very good player. On the other hand, you have the wait until the summer approach. You are either going to get him or run the risk of him being rented by an Orlando or Dallas and him changing his mind and signing an extension in one of those places. The main question is, do you run that risk of being heartbroken again?

Originally Posted by Lavious

Originally Posted by This Aint Aruba B

Camby or Dalembert?

I heard Dalembert got an attitude problem, but him over Camby. Tyson Chandler would be perfect, but Cuban is gonna throw dumb guap at dude.

Back
Top Bottom