**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

Lee's elbow. Told ya'll chandler plays defense.

Spoiler [+]
207801199.jpg

Originally Posted by KING x RIECE

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Wow. They can't be serious down in Miami.

Goodness. They sound like a bunch of kids. You need to be rewarded for your efforts on defense with offensive rewards? Seriously?

LeBron_Crying.jpg

RackMultipart.7031.0_display_image.jpg

4f1818ab4dd6b8baf2d41d1c35da.jpeg

Bunch of ({})
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

they split with orlando and split with utah. beat the hawks without the 120 million dollar man in the lineup. i wouldn't call the heat a juggernaut. it will be fun to see the celtics massacre them in the playoffs.

cliff lee and his fat %@@!%@# wife can suck a !%#$.

Yo, fellow Knick brethren, any of yall have Beluga app for your android or iphone. Check it out, if interested, dl and leave email for the Nikestalkers invite.

So.... i seen Amare, Turiaf, Azubuike and Randolph yesterday....

I'm still aiming at my goals........tried to bag a Knick city dancer too...
laugh.gif

Spoiler [+]
14t4fav.jpg

2j4r2ug.jpg

DAntoni Continues to Push the Pace

spacer.gif

Posted: 12/14/2010 5:57:00 AM
Source: Marc Berman of the New York Post

(Mike) D'Antoni's speedball is rip-roaring at 108.5 points per game -- tops in the league.

"I was always confident it works," D'Antoni said. "Offensively, I never doubted this is the way I want to play and this is the way to be successful. If I doubted it, I would've changed jobs. You have to get the right chemistry with the guys and the talent has to be at a certain level. And they're showing how good they can be."

Even Spurs coach Gregg Popovich is trying speedball in San Antonio. But D'Antoni feels the so-called "Seven Seconds or Less" carries misperceptions on its intricacy.

"We try to be fast, we do shoot quicker than a lot of teams," D'Antoni said. "But as much as we push the ball, most teams have more fastbreak points. It doesn't matter to me as long as we take the first good shot. If it's in the first seven seconds, so be it. What we're doing is spacing and moving the basketball and trying to discourage holding the ball."

"It is complicated because there's so many options but we try to take complicated and make it easy for them," D'Antoni added. "And we keep getting better at it."

http://www.hoopsworld.com/HeadlineS...YER_ID=&hd=20101214#STORY_30023#ixzz1872Modkw

@YEUPP ya boy did that action snipe to get that pic, huh? 
grin.gif

This is a joke right? 
laugh.gif

ept_sports_nba_experts-3729811-1292353754.jpg

There are signs the New Jersey Nets are considering renaming themselves the "Brooklyn New Yorkers" two years from when they move from Jersey to the NYC metropolitan area, and we just can't help but wonder if the Nets, or New Yorkers, are a lot better than this.

NetsDaily did a little digging, and this is what it came up with:
The logos, more concepts than finished drawings, make it clear the trademarks are for a Brooklyn basketball team.  In one, a basketball player straddles the Brooklyn Bridge.  In another, the words, "Brooklyn New Yorkers" fronts a basketball featuring a world map while in a third, another version of "Brooklyn New Yorkers" is imposed on a basketball.  The Patent and Trademark Office continues to review the applications.

The decision to seek trademark protection around the time the team informed the NBA it would be changing its name from the "New Jersey Nets".  The NBA requires a team to file two years prior to a name change but it does not require a team to state what the new name will be.  Under an agreement with the Empire State Development Corp., the Nets' new name must include either "Brooklyn" or "New York" in its name.

This is where I have to remind you that the Nets are under no obligation to change their name, because they've been the New York Nets before. The franchise was originally an ABA team that played out in Long Island, named the "Nets" so as to fit in with the already-established New York Jets, and New York Mets. "Nets" never was, and doesn't have to be, a Jersey thing.

Back
Top Bottom