OFFICIAL 12/13 NORCAL SNOWBOARD THREAD

It's that time of the year again folks, mount those bindings, wax your boards, and get those chains ready :D opening days are around the corner!

As many of you know, Tahoe got a nice storm this weekend with some more snowfall earlier this week. Let's hope this is an omen for a better season than last, although I do remember the same mid-october shower last year, and we all know how that season ended up :smh:

IIRC Northstar and Squaw have fired up their snow guns, and Northstar's opening day is less than a month away. Boreal is scheduled to open this Friday as well. Too lazy to look up opening dates for other Tahoe resorts, but feel free to post if you know :tongue:

A good weather blog I like to follow is tahoeweatherdiscussion.com, but don't hesitate to do more research i.e. weather.gov, other blogs/sites, etc.

Let's keep this thread open and alive: ask questions on gears, post deals on lift tickets/sales at board shops, update weather/road/lift conditions, ask for rides, etc. hell, we can even have a WDYW Vol. Snow Edition if you guys want.

Now time for me to go work off some pounds and get my legs warmed up...

Last edited:
Can't wait to shred! A little less than a month away! Northstar and Heavenly open 11/16. Kirkwood is late November. Gotta cop my Tahoe Local pass already. SnowBomb's Ski and Board Fest is also next month.

BTW, check out our new streetwear/snowwear brand, Powder High Apparel, which we recently launched. The idea behind it was to bring streetwear to the slopes. Right now we have shirts, hoodies, stickers, and a few accessories. We do have other things in the works as well.

We'll actually be exhibiting at the SnowBomb show at Santa Clara County Fairgrounds in SJ. We're releasing some new shirts at a discounted price. Come stop by if any of you end up attending.

Check us out:
www.powderhighapparel.com
Facebook - facebook.com/PowderHighApparel
Instagram - @powderhighapparel
Twitter - @powderhigh

Last edited:
Looks like we'll see some snow for the next few days, woot! Just a couple of inches projected, but every little bit helps at this point...

Anyone going up/went up this weekend? Tahoe has been getting dumped on! Wish it was like that during the Thanksgiving weekend.

Let us/me know how it was if you got a chance to head up there (sounds like it's just the two of us in this thread lol). Still have a final and a Vegas trip before I get a chance to head up...

Last edited:
Yea, looks like its just the two of us right now lol.

I actually went up to Northstar Thanksgiving weekend. Bluebird day, icy in some spots, & not all lifts/trails were open. No complaints though since I was able to get my snowboard fix. After the big storm this past weekend, i'm sure more lifts/trails opened. Wish I made it up there for all that fresh pow

Back
Top Bottom