OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
we definitely have playoff potential

whether or not we play/coach to our potential is a different story

this is a 45 win squad give or take a couple games but definitely edging above .500

Unfortunately, FIsher believes his 13 man rotation is beneficial to the team (He confirmed it in an interview). I think he's underestimating the peace of mind ( which then attributes to fortitude under mental stress ) that knowing your role brings. I think he's under the impression he can mold all these players into Lance Thomas ( in terms of listening to him, sprinting back to the bench during timeouts etc ) or making them all utility guys. But thats not the case. I believe the most efficient thing to do is recognize your players strengths, and put them all in positions to play to their strengths. And that means playing them with the right people. And eventually this formula produces some type of positive. Unfortunately, he's bringing guys in left and right like everyone has the same skill set.

On the other hand, we have to hit some shots. They've been there, just cant convert. But I also blame this on inconsistent rotations and not being in rhythm, which all points back to the Head Chief Dipshot Derek.

Hopefully he can figure something out, but 20 games into the season and he's still trying to find lineups? It's disheartening. Kind of feels like we're back to square one. We were thriving when we were running, yet these last few games have been pretty brutal in that aspect. Could it be that teams are catching on to us? Probably, but as a head coach, make the adjustments necessary man.

Does that mean play Sasha extended minutes? Probably not.. Does that mean throw out the KOQ/Seraphin lineup? Probably not. ( He thinks theyre the bench version of Porzingis/Lopez, see what I mean? )

It sucks to see such a stubborn *** coach. YOu would think this guy would be more willing to admit when he's wrong but nah. From all his post game interviews to his body language, it just comes off as smug, and overly confident for no reason.

Get things rolling fellas, you gotta limit your loss streaks to 3-4 at the most during any time of the year. Our 54 win season.. the veterans, Jason Kidd specifically, let the team know that the losing streaks cannot go past 3 if you want to be successful in this league.

Last edited:
What can Gallo say after that cross? " At least I didn't go out of bounds ? "
That's one of those plays where you get up and point out to the ref that there's something wrong with the floor :rofl: They need to include that in those ninja strike vids!

Last edited:
We're 8-9. Relax guys
Being 8-9 isn't bad at all. How it happened is what people aren't happy about because if this continues we won't be hovering around .500. Type of issue you gotta iron out now or else your season could be shot and since we have no pick...can't afford that.

We said similar things when Sn was here, when D'Antoni was here....can't really take that the early part of the season for granted.

Last edited:
I just have a bad feeling we are going to be the Sixers 1st win.
What if later on we're the Warriors firs L?

**** like that don't matter. 25 games in to the season we'll see what sort of team we'll most likely be. Keep in mind we still haven't suffered major injuries.

Plus I'm still expecting Phil to make a move or an adjustment when advising Fish that'll change things from Feb onward.

@NY_KnicksPR: Carmelo Anthony (illness) will not dress tonight. Lance Thomas will start.

well ****

@NY_KnicksPR: Carmelo Anthony (illness) will not dress tonight. Lance Thomas will start.

well ****

257jaz6.jpg

Not tape related but damn, I knew Kobe was walking, but him making it official cements it and I don't like it.

Back
Top Bottom