OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
Kobe coming to the Knicks in the tradition of knicking off on players past their prime, just wait for it.. :rofl:

Anybody catch the Kobe commercial where he's going to be portrayed by Michael b Jordan? Funny dude

Wouldn't mind Curry off the bench next season.

I'd like to keep both Lance & DWill but i'd lean towards Lance if i had to choose one. Better shooter & defender.
Felt like once Lance Thomas got hurt the season was over. Sounds crazy, but he hustled and was our best defender and an efficient scorer. Once he got hurt we couldnt stop anyone. Not saying it's correlated, but it also coincided w/ Gallo's shooting coming down to earth and Afflalo starting to suck around the same time too. The only positive of Rambis' tenure was to alienate AA enough that he probably won't opt in.

Even if we aren't in win-now mode (and are wasting Melo's remaining years), at least we're finally set up to be a normal franchise after this season, which we haven't been able to say since probably before we gave Allan Houston that huge contract. We have our picks going fwd, 2 young first rders who look like they could be starters w/ Grant and KP and don't have any bad contracts (outside of Caldo, who is mercifully expiring next yr). I'd really like to see them re-sign DWill and Lance Thomas, and let Grant and Wroten play and develop at the 1. I'm a little worried about throwing $ around trying to make a big splash on someone older just to try to compete now for Melo, bc it looks like we're more than one or two pieces away.
i said the same thing... not out loud cause i dont want him asking for a max contract... lol

Never thought I'd ever see the day a team beating the Bulls win record :wow:

Now hopefully one day I can finally see this franchisee raise a championship banner...

All I want is 1 also & hopefully pr0ph we're not too old by then so we can actually remember it :lol:

Last edited:
^

Nah, we will be like this
last-vegas02.jpg

View media item 1994291
:pimp:

:lol:

Last edited:
Had to watch Kobe's last game from start to finish & it was definitely worth it!!!

He went out exactly how I'd imagined it carrying his team to victory guns a blazing :pimp:

Porzingis: "Our team was talented enough to make the playoffs, and we didn't do that."

Porzingis, asked to rate his rookie season: "6.5" out of 10.

Porzingis says he has "no idea" what he's going to do yet, between playing for Latvia this summer, or continuing to train/work out w Knicks

Porzingis said he finished season at 232 pounds. Would like to get to 245 by next season.

Porzingis says Rambis didn't participate in exit interviews. Just Phil and Steve Mills.

KP gives list of things he wants to address in his off-time this summer. Says putting on weight, while adding quickness, athleticism.

In particular, says he needs to get better at guarding smaller players (Draymond comes to mind). Wants to be able to play the 5 in 4Qs

And then mentions the obvious: Says he wants to become a stronger post player so that he can grow within the triangle.

KP, on if he's comfortable reaching out to FAs: "I don't think I'm too young. I just think I'm not really close enough" w/ outside guys yet

KP, on Melo's status this summer/remaining w the Knicks: "I don't know exactly what he's thinking. But we talk. And he knows I need him."

Melo: "As of right now, I'll be here. No conversation has taken place as far as me leaving or me wanting to leave."

Melo says a main question 4 him/4 organization is "How do we take advantage of this window that I have?"

Followed up by asking how does org manage that, since KP is obviously who theyll build around long-term. He said thats more question 4 Phil

Asked Melo whether he'd like Knicks to at least be open to hiring coach who doesn't specialize in triangle. He said yes, he wants that.

Melo: "I don't wanna narrow this down to Thibodeau. I think we need to keep this open to multiple guys."

Melo, if he's thought abt playing elsewhere: "Ive thought abt it. Only thing I think abt is winning more, whether its here or somewhere else"

Melo, on whether contending is realistic possibility in NY: "I don't know." Says depends on what you consider to be success

He said 8 seed, if you consider that successful, is realistic. But he says he considers a title his idea of success.

Last edited:
Kobe's "Two Piece" by Chris Childs is one of my fondest Knicks memories from my childhood. I've always canonized Childs after that and felt nothing but reproach for Kobe since then :lol:

Yoo lol I remember that moment in Miami and the Monday after that, it was on the backpage of the daily news. I was laughing with my friends in junior high school :lol:

Back
Top Bottom