OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
Anybody ever think how well off Melo can be if he posts up more?

Higher percentage shooting, could have frequent trips to the line more, force double teams maybe and kick it back out to shooters....

Oh yea and watching the playoffs makes me realize we're light years away from being a good team.

I for years have just wanted to see this team straight up suck and stockpile on good draft picks. Then splurge on FAs before the rookie contracts are up.

It's the ultimate way to take advantage of dolan's pockets (since the hypothetical plan would put the Knicks into a crazy luxury tax situation) and the fact that NY is an FA destination when we aren't a circus.
Too bad everyone bought the narrative that you can't rebuild in NY.:smh:

All while winning 20-30 games a season, trading away draft picks and signing over the hill stars.

I'm still mad we didn't use our decade plus of sucking to actually rebuild.

But hey, at least we got to see T Mac and Steve Francis in Knicks uniforms.

and Rasheed Wallace, Baron Davis, Jason Kidd, Dikembe Mutombo, Vin Baker, Penny Hardaway, Mike Bibby...

Still waiting for Vince Carter to sign with the knicks :nerd:

Oh yea and watching the playoffs makes me realize we're light years away from being a good team.

I for years have just wanted to see this team straight up suck and stockpile on good draft picks. Then splurge on FAs before the rookie contracts are up.

It's the ultimate way to take advantage of dolan's pockets (since the hypothetical plan would put the Knicks into a crazy luxury tax situation) and the fact that NY is an FA destination when we aren't a circus.
Too bad everyone bought the narrative that you can't rebuild in NY.
mean.gif

All while winning 20-30 games a season, trading away draft picks and signing over the hill stars.

I'm still mad we didn't use our decade plus of sucking to actually rebuild.

But hey, at least we got to see T Mac and Steve Francis in Knicks uniforms.
and Rasheed Wallace, Baron Davis, Jason Kidd, Dikembe Mutombo, Vin Baker, Penny Hardaway, Mike Bibby...

Still waiting for Vince Carter to sign with the knicks
nerd.gif
I drew a blank after those two, but man.

Worse than I remembered.
sick.gif

It's nothing special honestly. Just he doesn't think we'll get the tier 1 free agent, maybe a fournier or datum, doesn't think phil's star power is enough for a durant because of the lack of involvement from phil, doesn't really know much about the coaching search but says dolan will stay out of the picture.

Last edited:
It's nothing special honestly. Just he doesn't think we'll get the tier 1 free agent, maybe a fournier or datum, doesn't think phil's star power is enough for a durant because of the lack of involvement from phil, doesn't really know much about the coaching search but says dolan will stay out of the picture.

So nothing we didn't know. Thanks for posting anyway.

Maybe Phil goes after Ettore Messina now that the Spurs are eliminated? :nerd:

Kind of shocked Dolan is still staying away from the decision making process.

Back
Top Bottom