OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
Those saying that this is a bad trade are liars.

Can't tell me Knicks getting rose isnt exciting?

Like ya was happy with Calderon playing PG

Tony Wroten has been released
laugh.gif
mean.gif
roll.gif

Can't eem lie, barely watched last season so I don't even know who Tony Scrotum is. But even though I was harder on Rose than his knees, not a bad deal.

i guess I'm cool with Noah should be cheaper
Only downside i see is his injuries . What about Deron Williams?

Last edited:
We had money this year and next year to use on our backcourt. Melo KP and Lopez is a really good front court. All we had to do is add to those guys.

Unless we get Whiteside or Horford to play the 5 this offseason we took a step back. KP is not ready to play center full time.
But your acting like we wont use the money we would have used to try and upgrade the backcourt on the center position instead. Not to mention the C FA class is much deeper this year than either the PG or SG AND we still have the flexibility to sign a top FA next year with Rose coming off the books regardless of who we sign this offseason which isn't something we had the option to do before this trade.

Lets say we kept Rolo and best case scenario we sign Batum to the max this offseason. Unless we make a trade down the road those 4 would have been our core for the next 3 years and like I said yesterday, your relying HEAVILY on KP maxing out his potential very soon. By trading for Rose we simply shuffled our team to better acclimate to the FA pool thats available this offseason while creating even MORE flexibility and cap room for next summer than we had previously. This was a great move by Phil, I'm sorry. It helps attract FA this year and even if Rose doesn't work out, assuming we sign anyone of consequence this summer, our team is in a much better position to compete both this year and next

Torn on the deal. Still need some time to fully absorb.

I like that Calderon's bum *** is finally gone and D-Rose is on a contract year.

I don't like the Knicks medical/training staff paired up with D-Rose's body.

I fear D-Rose putting up just enough production in just enough amount of games (which he just managed to do this season) to justify a max deal in 2017.

I accept that RoLo was moved. It needed to happen sooner or later if KP is the future.

I will NOT accept if they moved RoLo to pick up Dwight's ho *** on a max deal.

It's up in the air whether they could have gotten more for RoLo & his suddenly valuable contract or at least a way less riskier player than D-Rose.

Lots to factor in here.

Back
Top Bottom