OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
We could create about $5.4M in cap space if we renounce the rights to Derrick Williams. That might be enough to get a quailty backup guard. If not I'm sure there's a market for KOQ's $4M contract.

Then we could go over the cap to bring back Pookie & Lance. Our bench won't be great but it could be good enough.

Last edited:
We're about to have a season for the books fellas.

This squad is gonna be mad fun.

The Basketball God's are smiling on us.

Happy 4th of July Weekend Knicks fans. Toast it up.

Glad to get Lee... he's a solid piece at a decent price and he should fill the void we need in the starting lineup.

Yeah, Lee is an excellent player off the ball

That's what we need that kind of player when we have Rose and Melo

EDIT:
Chris Herring ‏@HerringWSJ 3h3 hours ago
Lee's a great pickup for Knicks. Better value than Noah's deal, & a perfect fit for what lineup needs: 3&D/someone who doesnt need ball much

Here we go...

Last edited:
Anyone else find it a little weird non Knicks fans think we'll be a good team? :lol:

Can't remember the last time that happened.

if signing news aint from Woj, the vertical team, or realgm, dont believe it.

why are all our offers 4 yr contracts? 1/2 yrs would be nice
These non-superstar and star players want security and guaranteed money. They ain't willing to take one or 2 years.

#InPhilWeTrust
:nthat:

so basically we can let rose walk next year and scoop up westbrook :pimp:
Depending how well we do in the playoffs this season I don't think Westbrook is anymore likely to join the Knicks than Durant.

Wouldn't it be awesome for The Knicks to be good and the Nets to be decent, I want to see a real rivalry.
Nah b. **** the Nets. I'm in BK saying that.

Could we get Barnes for the vet minimum?

Would be a solid pickup to sure up the perimeter D and to have someone who can gaurd the other teams best wing players.
NO.

giphy.gif

My body is ready

Dudes tombout Westbrook already :smh:, don't do it to yourselves and enjoy this team. I just hope we get lucky with avoiding injuries while we have these guys together. If we do, this core is good enough to make a run at the ECF/Finals once we have money to fill out the bench next year and if we get lucky with a good draft pick. Also would rather not even have any Westbrook interest from our FO because it's not happening and Rose seems like he can be a dude where if you put faith in him and show him loyalty he can stay at a little bit of a discount next year when the cap balloons again and the contacts get even crazier next year.

If all things click, which is a big if, this is an awesome starting 5 we have and can build with. And as long as he doesn't run Rose to the ground, I trust Horny in getting a lot out of it. Phil's done well this offseason, but I just don't see us having the chips to put together a strong enough bench this summer to really make noise and also give Noah and Rose the proper backup you'd expect them to need. But I'm fine with these gambles we took. I was worried with Melo's NTC we'd be stuck in the middle of a rebuild and going all in, but we did the latter and I'm with it since it didn't cost us any draft picks.

Idk if/when the schedules come out but I want the raptors in the first game b. Snuff these fake *** ninjas out of the picture and let Lebron know we the real ones comin up to watch for.

Not gonna lie...I'm pretty hyped for the season. For once, both my teams are on the come up (raiders).

Back
Top Bottom