OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
I was a big fan of Lamb when he was at UConn. He's a plus defender who can pass and while it's too streaky (and this is why he hasn't grown in the NBA), has a nice jumper I'd sign him at the contract he has left (2/14), to get a first rder back as well seems too good to be true.

laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

At this point, I'm more concerned about what the other teams are doing in the East. There are two things that would have to appeal to a FA to come here, 1.) Melo/KP and 2.) It is NY.  There are some teams that have more appeal, the city might not have the glitz like NY, but those teams are already winning (TOR, MIA, etc...) so we have a lot to compete with. Especially with Miami, I don't see them letting Whiteside walk, or at least they shouldn't, plus they have a legitimate young core and the right amount of veterans. I am more concerned with who those teams sign because they are the competition. Also, I am on board with going forward without Lin/Dwert Howard.  Howard will fold in NY.

idk about miami. they already have $50mil in committed salary for next season without having resigned wade or whiteside. yeah, they're an attractive destination, but they just dont have the money. toronto got exposed in the playoffs. their offense is horrible. derozan is grossly overrated and might leave for LA. the only real threats in the east are boston, miami even if they just resign their players and of course cleveland.

It's sad what happened to amare

whats sad is that we amnestied billups instead of him :smh:

It's sad what happened to amare

Yo man I looked at a game I think in the playoffs, and he had the ball passed to him and he dribbled the ball off his foot... turnover,

next time down the floor d Wade passed to him in the post, and someone just literally muscled the ball from him. Turnover.

Following time down, he wide open and Wade did NOT even look his direction.

Like yo I ain't giving this scrub the ball.
I felt really bad. Like yo dude really went from washed to super washed overnight

Ok moving on...

We need a SG with 3pt range. I know Hornacek like's 2 PG lineups but cant think of anything that'll work here with whose available. Evan Fournier or Batum has to be our guy. Both big guards capable of playing forward with great range.

I've always liked Batum on the Knicks. He's not the type of player you give the ball to and ask to score 20-25 ppg. But under the right situation, he can be a really good 3D role player.

lets pay Bazemore & Biyombo this summer.

both are athletic 2 way players

When was Biyombo ever a 2 way player? I know he rebounds and defends very well, but I don't think I've ever seen him score more than 15 points before. Isn't he also an awful free throw shooter? I like the idea of Bazemore, but I'm not sure if we'd be the right team for him.

Its def questionable to me too. We wont know how good this trade is until we see who we get in FA this and next year.

I think Jeff Teague was our guy with that Lopez rumor mentioned before. Once he was off the table Phil pulled the trigger on this.

There's def some truth to this. I think Phil's obvious choice was Teague from the jump. I actually would like the trade more if Teague was involved. But I guess the it worked out both way for all 3 teams.

:rofl: :rofl: :rolleyes

To top this day off i missed my transfer on the LIRR coming home from the Mets game & ended up an hour away from my house in Far Rockaway.

It seems like you're the one driving the little car with all the other bozo's here. I chuckle at your misfortune

But for real, why are being so annoying the past few days Nick? :lol:

It's not the end of the world that we traded role players to free up some cap space for the big fish. I liked RoLo and Grant as much any Knicks fan, but it had to be done. They're not irreplaceable.

These are players we should go after imo....

PG = Chalmers, Galloway, Delladova
SG = Fournier, Batum, Bazemore, Courtney Lee, Crabbe, Mayo, Korver (trade pipe dreams)
SF = Durant, Evan Turner, Lance Thomas, Solomon Hill
PF = anyone that can rebound and defend
C = Whiteside, Horford, Noah, Bismack

A big NO: Chalmers, Dellededova, Lee, Korver, Solomon Hill, Whiteside (He would be AWFUL for KP development).

Everyone elseI like for this team. Not sure if Noah is a starting caliber player anymore though. I know he's had some setbacks the last year, but I think he can still contribute. Especially playing back home.

If we get Durant i'll take back every negative thing i said today :lol:

No, man. It doesn't work like that :lol:

I wonder if we'll be going after Whiteside. Or we could move Porzingis to the 5, Melo to the 4, & fully embrace small ball.

I really just want the roster to be rounded out with young players with potential. Shooting & defense is also a must.

As great of a player Whiteside has shown he can be, it would be AWFUL for KP. Whiteside seems like a primadonna type of guy and would have zero contribution towards Porzingas' development. At this point, every FA we consider signing must have something positive to contribute to KP. We're building the team around him at the end of the day.

We're going to need a Center that doesn't need the ball in his hands, but can get easy points in the paint and do the dirty work. I don't think Whiteside is that guy.

One of the best things about this trade, that I haven't heard anyone mention is that Phil Jackson has budged.

Between hiring Hornacek and now actively acquiring a big name PG, he has given ground on his old-school triangle approach.

That makes me happy.

This was a great trade and I'm cautiously optimistic about next season.

I think D. Rose is gonna ball out for us.

I have a feeling we're gonna end up upgrading from D. Rose to CP3 too.

Still a lot of opportunity to keep improving this summer.

This is a really good point. Phil has def shown some signs of growth from the last 2 years. I think he's learning that the Triangle can still be used in the modern NBA game, but not principally. I'm really intrigued to see what else he has in store for us in the upcoming weeks. I don't suspect he'll do anything tonight, but things will be moving along after July 1st.

Not mad at this trade. Be nice if we find a trade for Marc Gasol then have Pau follow.

Marc wouldn't be good for KP. Pau on the other hand would. But something tells me he's on his way to either GS, Clev or SA.

I think that he'll play without a minutes restriction, but he will probably take some games off to preserve him, like they did Amarè, who would be cool to bring back, but I can see him resting sporadically through the season. I'm not even concerned about Rose, I'm more concerned about who will be brought in at the 2 and who can shore up the bench.

You guys are acting like Rose is on borrowed time :lol:

Have you not seen him play the second half of the season when Butler was out? I'm optimistic he'll do well here. Plus, it's a contract year.

What "great role players?" Did they have again?

Butler was out for a large part of the second half. Team imploded when it mattered the most.

Yo man I looked at a game I think in the playoffs, and he had the ball passed to him and he dribbled the ball off his foot... turnover,

next time down the floor d Wade passed to him in the post, and someone just literally muscled the ball from him. Turnover.

Following time down, he wide open and Wade did NOT even look his direction.

Like yo I ain't giving this scrub the ball.
I felt really bad. Like yo dude really went from washed to super washed overnight

Amare was playing on borrowed time. The Suns called it during 2010 and it looks like they were right. I'm shocked he lasted this long in the NBA to be frank.

The guy just could never stay healthy man. Once that knee went out, he had to compensate by using other parts of his body more than usual. It's what was naturally supposed to happen. Plus, playing above the rim like he did earlier in his career really messed him up.

I had Blake Griffin following the same path, until he decided to shoot the ball more and stop going to the paint. Besides, he was getting punked by other guys in the NBA.

Last edited:
Gimme #22 & Lamb :nerd:

Hawes is owed close to $12m going into the 2017 season and can't move fluidly in Horny's system. Why would you do this trade? For a Damian Jones or Malik Beasley? This isn't a deep draft by any means. I don't care what Jay Bilas says. We're not going to see a Draymond Green type of player at that spot.

Last edited:
Gimme #22 & Lamb
nerd.gif
I just dont know if I like being stuck with his $7m per year contract for the next 3 years. Way too streaky of a player for my taste. Plus I think a rotation of KP/ Noah/ Hawes ends up being better than KP/ Rolo/ KOQ/ Seraphin. Could even still flip KOQ for a early 2nd and come away with 2 picks this year... 
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Edit: to the post above mine, I don't think 12m over 2 years is terrible for a decent backup Center with this cap jump

Last edited:
Listening to Hahn and Humpty, Alan Hahn just said July 1st, Knicks will talk to Kevin Durant. And he mentioned NBA players said this trade has peaked interest.

I'm coming across alotta "die hard" Knicks fans all of a sudden ....

**** is gonna get me into a fight :smh:

Back
Top Bottom