OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
"Washed" is a bit extreme. Noah is far from washed. Look how badly the Bulls fell off without him even after adding Nikola, a better Jimmy, and Pau.

He's gonna give us better production than Lopez and I loved Lopez.

When Bismack gets close to a max, Dwight gets a max, Manhimi gets 50 mill, we'll be content with Noah's contract.
Nah chill we won't be happy until the sign retired Eric dampier for the vet min at center and max out Kent bazrmore

I would have no problem with Noah if we started negotiations at $12M/year.

The fact that we immediately offered $18M/year is concerning.

I hated the Derrick Rose trade. Then I started to slowly accept it and turn the corner. Now after these signings I hate it again :lol:

Chris HerringVerified account‏@HerringWSJ

But to me, someone like Rivers seems to make more sense there. Younger, and considerably more durable.
Wouldn't be terribly opposed if they are only planning to bring Gordon in as a 6th man with Lee starting. As long as we have at least one guard that can defend I won't go ballistic. A starting backcourt of Rose/Gordon is almost as terrible defensively as Calderon/Afflalo were last year and will make life just as hard on KP and Noah as it was for him and Rolo. We'd basically be fielding the same team as last year but more injury prone and with a higher payroll. Wake tf up Phil, Jesus!

look at what minny did by bringing back garnett. he was hella washed when they took on his contract. hes still getting paid 8 mil next season, but they did that so he can mentor townes. have you guys thought that maybe noah is coming for more than just playing? im sure phil wants to enhance KP's defensive ability by pairing him with noah for the next few seasons. noah is probably gonna be a bonafide back up in the last 1 or 2 years of the deal, but so is garnett. the only difference is the cap went up and is still going up so the noah signing seems a lot worse than it really is.

you guys wanna talk about injury prone? beal just got a max deal that pays him almost as much as bron has made in his entire career
sick.gif
5/128...... smh everybody getting paid like a rod these days

Get Rivers & Lee on decent contracts, fill out the bench, & put an end to this eventful offseason.

at least our team will have good chemistry since everyone we're getting is friends with someone else :rolleyes

i still think we need some vets like richard jefferson at the min to round out the roster. i know he's retired, but we need similar players for leadership and experience. a la our glorious '12-'13 squad.

Eff it, just get Lee to start, and let AR come off the bench, bring back bench talent, let's just ******* end it.

at least our team will have good chemistry since everyone we're getting is friends with someone else :rolleyes

i still think we need some vets like richard jefferson at the min to round out the roster. i know he's retired, but we need similar players for leadership and experience. a la our glorious '12-'13 squad.

Not retired Fam, said he wants to play 2-3 more years.

Hate me, but I legit want STAT byke, it would work because the expectations of co-existing are gone. He is a perennial back up, still efficient/productive, was more healthy than Noah these last few seasons, cheap, used to and up and down game that Jeff wants to implement, had no issues with Triangle, has become a decent defender. If it doesn't work, release him, he's cheap. Do it Phil.

I don't want a bum like Richard Jefferson anywhere on this team. **** him.

Still can't believe in 2016 we prioritized signing a washed big man over a versatile wing player.
Coach explicitly stated that he wanted to prioritize a big not a wing.

What did you expect? He'd read your post and change his mind?

Last edited:
I know what he said.

Just feel like a wing that could defend multiple positions is more important in the modern NBA than a center.

Y'all killing me with the Austin Rivers talk. Kid is certified buns. I'm not letting his pops fool me. He'll play his best in LA and be **** wherever he goes.

in terms of VETS i'd take the following as cheap potential back ups

guards: chalmers, hinrich, brooks,c rawford, foye, barbosa
big men: lee, west, humphries, stat, nene

I know what he said.

Just feel like a wing that could defend multiple positions is more important in the modern NBA than a center.
The coach with the fast pace offense disagrees.

I would have no problem with Noah if we started negotiations at $12M/year.

The fact that we immediately offered $18M/year is concerning.
So wait, you mean if it was tweeted he was getting 12 mil per and then officially got 18 mil per you would be okay with that?

:rofl:

Back
Top Bottom