OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
Indiana just signed AL Jefferson for 3/30. Indiana not looking too bad

Al Jefferson

Paul George

Miles Turner / Thad Young

Monta Ellis

Jeff Teague

Last edited:
Damn what the **** did OJ Mayo do? Kill a white woman while gambling on NBA games?

Banned for 2 years?

Was he cooking up in a meth lab Breaking Bad style? What drugs get you banned?

Last edited:
Interesting write-up from a Bulls fan I ran across on another site talking about Rose's injury history. If this turns out to be correct then I'm a lot more optimistic about his ability to stay healthy moving forward 
nerd.gif

I was a personal trainer for 10 years. The Bulls don’t know **** about the kinetic chain – kinesiology.

I’ve been saying all this same **** since Rose tore his ACL, if you look at his injury history that season, you’ll see he started with turf toe on that leg, then he had hamstring, hip and lower back issues on that leg, it all culminated into a torn ACL. The tear started before the 76ers game. It "started" on day one of him playing through turf toe.

He was compensating by taking the weight off of his big toe and shifting it to the outer part of his foot by supination or trying to play with only pressure on the ball of his foot which leads to pronation. This is bad. Bad bad bad bad for the knee. You’re forcing the leg to bow out or rotat in ever so slightly which throws the knee off at the saggital plane. This will result in a twisting of the knee. You should be able to draw a straight line from ankle, through the knee up to the hip. If you tried that on Rose that year you would probably see the knee was out of alignment because of over supination of his foot or over pronation of his foot..

Pronation.jpg

This in turn threw the knee out of alignment and upset his whole kinetic chain.

pron-int-rot-2.jpg

Probation of foot = supination of knee 
Supination of foot = pronation of knee

PHOTO_8.jpg

There is plenty of research to show how excessive pronation of the foot can lead to ACL  injuries. This explains it far better than I can.

I’ve said this over and over again since Rose tore his knee, it could have been avoided. There are some ortho’s who will agree with me but most of the time as a professional courtesy you will never see one ortho openly question another. Which is why you never saw anyone come forward and challenge Dr. Cole’s assessment. They can’t comment because they are unaware of all the details involved so they stay out of it.

This is also why I’ve been a staunch supporter of Derrick Rose through his injuries, everyone wants to ride his *** about his approach but the bottom line is that he did the right thing. He probably was getting a second opinion that no one knew about. Knowing Reggie, I’m sure that’s what happened.

This medical staff is a joke, if Rose came back when he was first cleared he wouldn’t be playing this season, he would be washed up and retired. Derricl Rose coming back when the Bulls cleared him would have been extremely short sighted.

But fans don’t give a crap about any of this because fans are selfish and just want Rose on the courtASAP  so they have something to do in January and February.

This is also why Rose told Jimmy to take his time, listen to his body and do the right thing, he probably also told him to go get that second opinion.

AS
Here's the link to the actual article in case any of you wanted to read the whole thing: http://www.blogabull.com/2016/4/7/1...ck-rose?_ga=1.111484868.1792557364.1465577190

Interesting write-up from a Bulls fan I ran across on another site talking about Rose's injury history. If this turns out to be correct then I'm a lot more optimistic about his ability to stay healthy moving forward :nerd:

I was a personal trainer for 10 years. The Bulls don’t know **** about the kinetic chain – kinesiology.

I’ve been saying all this same **** since Rose tore his ACL, if you look at his injury history that season, you’ll see he started with turf toe on that leg, then he had hamstring, hip and lower back issues on that leg, it all culminated into a torn ACL. The tear started before the 76ers game. It "started" on day one of him playing through turf toe.

He was compensating by taking the weight off of his big toe and shifting it to the outer part of his foot by supination or trying to play with only pressure on the ball of his foot which leads to pronation. This is bad. Bad bad bad bad for the knee. You’re forcing the leg to bow out or rotat in ever so slightly which throws the knee off at the saggital plane. This will result in a twisting of the knee. You should be able to draw a straight line from ankle, through the knee up to the hip. If you tried that on Rose that year you would probably see the knee was out of alignment because of over supination of his foot or over pronation of his foot..

Pronation.jpg

This in turn threw the knee out of alignment and upset his whole kinetic chain.

pron-int-rot-2.jpg

Probation of foot = supination of knee 

Supination of foot = pronation of knee

PHOTO_8.jpg

There is plenty of research to show how excessive pronation of the foot can lead to ACL injuries. This explains it far better than I can.

I’ve said this over and over again since Rose tore his knee, it could have been avoided. There are some ortho’s who will agree with me but most of the time as a professional courtesy you will never see one ortho openly question another. Which is why you never saw anyone come forward and challenge Dr. Cole’s assessment. They can’t comment because they are unaware of all the details involved so they stay out of it.

This is also why I’ve been a staunch supporter of Derrick Rose through his injuries, everyone wants to ride his *** about his approach but the bottom line is that he did the right thing. He probably was getting a second opinion that no one knew about. Knowing Reggie, I’m sure that’s what happened.

This medical staff is a joke, if Rose came back when he was first cleared he wouldn’t be playing this season, he would be washed up and retired. Derricl Rose coming back when the Bulls cleared him would have been extremely short sighted.

But fans don’t give a crap about any of this because fans are selfish and just want Rose on the courtASAP so they have something to do in January and February.

This is also why Rose told Jimmy to take his time, listen to his body and do the right thing, he probably also told him to go get that second opinion.

AS

Here's the link to the actual article in case any of you wanted to read the whole thing: http://www.blogabull.com/2016/4/7/1...ck-rose?_ga=1.111484868.1792557364.1465577190

Repped.. Good find man

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom