Official: 2008-2009 Fantasy Basketball Thread *Sticky*

Originally Posted by CasperJr

[table][tr][td]1.[/td] [td](9)[/td] [td]Dwight Howard[/td] [td]C[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2.[/td] [td](12)[/td] [td]Allen Iverson[/td] [td]PG,SG[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3.[/td] [td](29)[/td] [td]Kevin Martin[/td] [td]SG[/td] [/tr][tr][td]4.[/td] [td](32)[/td] [td]David West[/td] [td]PF[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5.[/td] [td](49)[/td] [td]LaMarcus Aldridge[/td] [td]PF,C[/td] [/tr][tr][td]6.[/td] [td](52)[/td] [td]Andrei Kirilenko[/td] [td]SF,PF[/td] [/tr][tr][td]7.[/td] [td](69)[/td] [td]Derrick Rose[/td] [td]PG[/td] [/tr][tr][td]8.[/td] [td](72)[/td] [td]Michael Beasley[/td] [td]SF,PF[/td] [/tr][tr][td]9.[/td] [td](89)[/td] [td]Al Harrington[/td] [td]PF,C[/td] [/tr][tr][td]10.[/td] [td](92)[/td] [td]Tyrus Thomas[/td] [td]SF,PF[/td] [/tr][tr][td]11.[/td] [td](109)[/td] [td]Ronnie Brewer[/td] [td]SG,SF[/td] [/tr][tr][td]12.[/td] [td](112)[/td] [td]Ryan Gomes[/td] [td]SF,PF[/td] [/tr][tr][td]13.[/td] [td](129)[/td] [td]Jeff Green[/td] [td]SF,PF[/td] [/tr][/table]
thats the old team from draft day

this is the team as of now

Ronnie Brewer(Uta - SG,SF)

Ryan Gomes(Min - SF,PF)

Tyrus Thomas(Chi - SF,PF)

Rudy Gay(Mem - SF,PF)

Michael Beasley(Mia - SF,PF)

Al Harrington(GS - PF,C)

Dwight Howard(Orl - C)

LaMarcus Aldridge(Por - PF,C)

Amare Stoudemire(Pho - PF,C)

Andrei Kirilenko(Uta - SF,PF)

Derrick Rose(Chi - PG)

Kevin Martin(Sac - SG)

Mario Chalmers(Mia - PG)
pimp.gif

wat yall think?

Are any of these a better option than Wilson Chandler: Haslem, JR Smith, Jianlian, N Robinson, Azabuike? I am thinking Haslem or JR. Here is my team..

1. (4) Chris Paul G
2. (17) Josh Smith F
3. (24) Carmelo Anthony F
4. (37) Kevin Martin G
5. (44) Brandon Roy G
6. (57) Andrew Bogut C
7. (64) Tyson Chandler C
8. (77) Zach Randolph F
9. (84) Randy Foye G
10. (97) Nick Collison F,C
11. (104) Raymond Felton G
12. (117) Kirk Hinrich G
13. (124) Manu Ginobili G
14. (137) Wilson Chandler G,F
15. (144) Nene Hilario F,C

Alright, I usually don't come in here asking questions (usually answering them), but I've got a dilemma:

I've been offered Brand and Mike Miller for my Iverson. This is a no-brainer trade, except that I'm the commish and it's a commish trade approvalleague. I'm dying to accept it (it was actually the other manager that proposed it to me), but the little cricket on my shoulder is saying I should thinktwice b/c the rest of the league may doubt the legitimacy (again, to clarify: there's NO collusion going on here and it was the other guy that proposed thetrade).

Thoughts? And JapanAir, this especially impacts you since it's in the league we're in together, so I'd appreciate your input - but without lettingyour own interests interfere. See, the thing is that even though it's a little lopsided I'd probably let it go if I weren't one of the teamsinvolved (like that deal involving Oden/Bynum earlier in the week), as I'm very laissez faire in my approach to approving/denying trades.

ohwell.gif

damn my team is pretty solid, ill post it in a bit for reviews and suggestions

drafted:
Jose Calderon
Jamal Crawford
Amare Stoudamire
Al Jefferson
Al Horford
Josh Howard
Zach Randolph
Ben Gordon
Mario Chalmers
Beno Udirth
Ronnie Brewer

thoughts?

ive been offered gerald wallace for josh howard
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by eaglebball1499

Alright, I usually don't come in here asking questions (usually answering them), but I've got a dilemma:

I've been offered Brand and Mike Miller for my Iverson. This is a no-brainer trade, except that I'm the commish and it's a commish trade approval league. I'm dying to accept it (it was actually the other manager that proposed it to me), but the little cricket on my shoulder is saying I should think twice b/c the rest of the league may doubt the legitimacy (again, to clarify: there's NO collusion going on here and it was the other guy that proposed the trade).

Thoughts? And JapanAir, this especially impacts you since it's in the league we're in together, so I'd appreciate your input - but without letting your own interests interfere. See, the thing is that even though it's a little lopsided I'd probably let it go if I weren't one of the teams involved (like that deal involving Oden/Bynum earlier in the week), as I'm very laissez faire in my approach to approving/denying trades.

ohwell.gif
I personally don't mind, yeah I know it's lopsided, but that's the name of the game, can't always be completely fair, just as longas it's not colluding against us, and although some may disapprove, it's whatever. Some people improve their team by trying to get the best trades theycan, others try to improve through tracking players progress. It's really not too much different then dropping/adding all the time.

A quick suggestion needed.
Should I pick up Wilson Chandler and Thaddeus Young from the FA?
I might drop Hill and Darrell Arthur.
Or should I see what else Arthur could do.
Who should I pick up in place of Hill?

Is Ramon Sessions starting now or what?? I picked him up in the draft then dropped him when he wasn't getting any PT in the first two games but now hestarted tonight and had 12 and 9.

Originally Posted by LiL Stevie728

Is Ramon Sessions starting now or what?? I picked him up in the draft then dropped him when he wasn't getting any PT in the first two games but now he started tonight and had 12 and 9.
nerd.gif
he was inactive first few games, now he's activated and started, I had him in 7 leagues, then dropped him in most, but then had to rush andpick him back up, that's my dude..
tired.gif

Need some opinions:

Jameer Nelson is an FA in my league... I'm seriously considering picking him up, but can't decide who to get rid of. Bargnani had a great line againstthe Warriors, but has been terrible and scoreless in the other two games. Maxiell is posting solid numbers, and right now I'd rather have him thanBargnani. Any opinions, who to get rid of or keep my team the same?

2jg2cmq.jpg

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by eaglebball1499

I've been offered Brand and Mike Miller for my Iverson. This is a no-brainer trade, except that I'm the commish and it's a commish trade approval league. I'm dying to accept it (it was actually the other manager that proposed it to me), but the little cricket on my shoulder is saying I should think twice b/c the rest of the league may doubt the legitimacy (again, to clarify: there's NO collusion going on here and it was the other guy that proposed the trade).

Thoughts? And JapanAir, this especially impacts you since it's in the league we're in together, so I'd appreciate your input - but without letting your own interests interfere. See, the thing is that even though it's a little lopsided I'd probably let it go if I weren't one of the teams involved (like that deal involving Oden/Bynum earlier in the week), as I'm very laissez faire in my approach to approving/denying trades.

ohwell.gif
I personally don't mind, yeah I know it's lopsided, but that's the name of the game, can't always be completely fair, just as long as it's not colluding against us, and although some may disapprove, it's whatever. Some people improve their team by trying to get the best trades they can, others try to improve through tracking players progress. It's really not too much different then dropping/adding all the time.
Damn it, had you replied earlier I would have just taken that lopsided thing and ran.
laugh.gif
As it turned out my integrity got the best of me and Irejected the trade, counter-offering the same thing but adding Big Z to the equation. I still think I came out on top, but at least it wasn't so one-sidedthat I'd have to worry about a bad precedent the rest of the season.

But still, Brand and Corn Palace for 40 Bars would have been sweeet...
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by LiL Stevie728

Is Ramon Sessions starting now or what?? I picked him up in the draft then dropped him when he wasn't getting any PT in the first two games but now he started tonight and had 12 and 9.
nerd.gif
he was inactive first few games, now he's activated and started, I had him in 7 leagues, then dropped him in most, but then had to rush and pick him back up, that's my dude..
tired.gif
Ridnour didn't play so Sessions got to play on Saturday. I picked him up too though and dropped Chris Andersen.
sick.gif

Originally Posted by ChiHigh91

Anyone I should pick up off this list?

Raja Bell
Stephon Marbury
Ramon Sessions
Mark Blount
Chris Douglas-Roberts
Wally Sczerbiak
Brandon Rush
Chucky Atkins
Brant Barry
Darko Milicic
Jason Williams
Adam Morisson
Josh Boone
Robin Lopez

I just dropped Julian Wright.
I'd pick up Ramon Sessions from that list.

Did one of those crazy drafts, 5 player keeper league. I think I made off with the best team out there, I'm killing everyone in 3PT made, 55 this weekwhile everyone else in the mid 10s

11wdoc3.png

I'm not sure Bright Nikes, Josh has had a good start to the season, so it's really a matter of opinion.

Can someone PLEASE explain to me the Roto Scoring on ESPN?

My team Statistically KILLLLLSSSSSS it everynight, but I'm in 8th place.

Sessions has been a beast so far, way better than Ridnour or Lue combined, wish Ridnour was injured more often.

And to the guy asking about roto scoring:
All the stats are cumulative and how you rank in each stat determines how many points you get from each stat, add all these points up and that determines yourrank in the league.

I NEED 4 MORE TEAMS!!!!

DRAFT IN 50 Minutes

League ID: 129907
Password: niketalk

JOINNNNN

Back
Top Bottom