Official: 2008-2009 Fantasy Basketball Thread *Sticky*

^im getting killed every night in asts. i'm tryna package jamal crawford + horford for a pg .. hoping someone bites.

i wanna pickup monta and just hold onto him.

everyone else picked up manu / gilbert and stashed them away

Originally Posted by xdahcreator

You should pick up Monta when the Warriors get towards their 20th, 21st pick and let him sit on the bench until the Warriors 31st game. That's the risk I would take, hopefully noone else in your league thinks the same way.

Anyone know if Yao is going to play today? He didn't practice yesterday but I need to know or is it too early
Okay...no i read that Yao WON'T play tonight. It's confusing and i think it may be a gametime decision so if you want to risk it, you canleave him in.

For all the frustrated dunleavy owners out there (myself included owning him in both my leagues), heres some good news finally!

Pacers swingman Mike Dunleavy (knee) has reportedly participated in hard workouts two days in a row. He looks good, according to Pacers announcer Chris Denari,with plenty of lift on his jumpshots.
Finally some concrete (and positive!) news on Dunleavy's condition. There's still no word on when he might return, but at least the knee is improving.Dunleavy's return will complicate the role of emerging Marquis Daniels, who has filled in admirably at shooting guard.

smh.gif
horford + josh howard not playing for me today.

im done for

I hate admitting this, but I thought Joe Alexander would be a stud in the NBA...
tired.gif

He is terrible, first five minutes he plays he has 2 turnovers and 3 personal fouls, that's it.
smh.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
at me outsmarting everyone by selecting Wade with the 11th pick in the 1st round in my draft. 5 blocks 36 pts 11 assists right now and game aint overbaby

Wade has to be the best fantasy player right now, he scores so much, he's at the top of the league with assists, he steals, he blocks shots, he makesthrees, you'll take his Turnovers for all the crap he gets you. I got dude in a bunch of my leagues.
pimp.gif

Yeah, if I lose in 1 stat and it turns out to be turnovers I don't care because Wade gets me everything else. Sheed and Bargnani had a great game for metonight too

im tempted to drop MBah Moute for C.J. Miles
eyes.gif

i ended up accepting the Amare/Devin/Horford for Bosh/D. Williams/Roy trade....

how do u guys feel about Daquan Cook and Travis Outlaw?
My team lacks 3s; so im leaning towards Cook....
i wanna pick one or both of those guys and dropping Mbah Moute or Roger Mason.... Mbah Moute is a solid rebounder but i'm confident that without him i willstill get rebounds coverd.
what do u guys think?

alright guys quick input:

give: al jefferson + jamal crawford
receive: samuel dalembert + andre miller + gerald wallace

Originally Posted by nike4KJA05

For all the frustrated dunleavy owners out there (myself included owning him in both my leagues), heres some good news finally!

Pacers swingman Mike Dunleavy (knee) has reportedly participated in hard workouts two days in a row. He looks good, according to Pacers announcer Chris Denari, with plenty of lift on his jumpshots.
Finally some concrete (and positive!) news on Dunleavy's condition. There's still no word on when he might return, but at least the knee is improving. Dunleavy's return will complicate the role of emerging Marquis Daniels, who has filled in admirably at shooting guard.

I have Marquis Daniels in my team. Mike Dunleavy is AVAILABLE to pick up. Should I pick him up now or when there's a better "date" he willreturn?

Originally Posted by bright nikes

alright guys quick input:

give: al jefferson + jamal crawford
receive: samuel dalembert + andre miller + gerald wallace
I would keep Jefferson and try to trade Crawford. Jefferson is an elite fantasy player so if you are going to let him go, you better be getting anelite player in exchange.

Should I accept this trade?:

Give:
Jermaine O'neal
John Salmons
Drop Brandan Wright

Get:
Sam Dalembert
Mike Beasley
Ron Artest

Also, whats the verdict on Larry Hughes? Hes a FA in my league should I pick him up? Is Brandan Wright done in Nellie's system? (I asked earlier and somesaid no, but i think he might be) Im up 8-1 this week because my opp. has Deron, Manu, Monta, JOsh Smith, so i might wait it out to see if he gets more PT.

Originally Posted by Da XpLiCiT OnE

Originally Posted by nike4KJA05

Pacers swingman Mike Dunleavy (knee) has reportedly participated in hard workouts two days in a row. He looks good, according to Pacers announcer Chris Denari, with plenty of lift on his jumpshots.
Finally some concrete (and positive!) news on Dunleavy's condition. There's still no word on when he might return, but at least the knee is improving. Dunleavy's return will complicate the role of emerging Marquis Daniels, who has filled in admirably at shooting guard.

I have Marquis Daniels in my team. Mike Dunleavy is AVAILABLE to pick up. Should I pick him up now or when there's a better "date" he will return?

I wouldn't necessarily pick him up now unless your team won't suffer in stats and you have someone worth dropping who isn't doing anything for yourteam really.. There's no timetable for him to come back just yet, but when there is, I'd grab him of FA asap.

Originally Posted by UNtroubled YOUTH

^ I'd do that, easy. When Francisco Garcia comes back Salmons value might take a hit. Also it's hard for JO to stay healthy every season. Also stay away from Hughes, he will single-handedly destroy your teams FG%. Please refer to: http://heylarryhughespleasestoptakingsomanybadshots.com/ http://heylarryhughesplea...somanybadshots.com/ and yes that is an actual site.
Ron Artest FG% sucks too
laugh.gif
Also, Francisco Garcia never played much. Salmons is playing pretty well, and I doubt he will lose much minutes. That's just my opinion.

Originally Posted by xdahcreator

Yeah, if I lose in 1 stat and it turns out to be turnovers I don't care because Wade gets me everything else. Sheed and Bargnani had a great game for me tonight too

im tempted to drop MBah Moute for C.J. Miles
eyes.gif
Yeah Wade was DEFINITELY a steal. I had him in my pre draft ranking at 4th overall. I couldn't believe hella folks passed him up in myleague.

Also, why would you drop Mbah Moute for Miles?

^ I'd do that, easy. When Francisco Garcia comes back Salmons value might take a hit. Also it's hard for JO to stay healthy every season. Also stay away from Hughes, he will single-handedly destroy your teams FG%. Please refer to: http://heylarryhughespleasestoptakingsomanybadshots.com/ http://heylarryhughesplea...somanybadshots.com/http://heylarryhughesplea...somanybadshots.com/ and yes that is an actual site.
Ron Artest FG% sucks too
laugh.gif
Also, Francisco Garcia never played much. Salmons is playing pretty well, and I doubt he will lose much minutes. That's just my opinion.
Ok so I countered with:

Give:
Okur
Salmons

Get:
Dalembert
Artest

Im 3-0 in my league right now but last place in steals. Do you guys think its a good trade?

Heres the rest of my team:

Bibby
Mo WIlliams
Duhon
Redd
Granger
Mbah a Moute
Gay
O'neal
Stoudemire
Horford
B. Wright

^ I'd do that, easy. When Francisco Garcia comes back Salmons value might take a hit. Also it's hard for JO to stay healthy every season. Also stay away from Hughes, he will single-handedly destroy your teams FG%. Please refer to: http://heylarryhughespleasestoptakingsomanybadshots.com/ http://heylarryhughesplea...somanybadshots.com/http://heylarryhughesplea...somanybadshots.com/ and yes that is an actual site.
Ron Artest FG% sucks too
laugh.gif
Artest's FG% can be tolerated because he contributes all across the board stats wise. I don't know where you got Garcia not playing much,he averaged 26 mins per game last year and was effective while he was in. I never said Salmons will lose minutes, I said he will lose value.

Kicks R Me - I like that trade for you. I don't know if he will accept but if he does consider yourself lucky.

Thanks guys. He just accepted.

My only problem now is I only have one SG. I've got good trade bait, but dont feel like parting with anyone on my team right now other than Wright. Is ittoo much of a risk to drop Wright for Hughes? Or is a Hughes & Artest FG% combo just too much of a killer?

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

i ended up accepting the Amare/Devin/Horford for Bosh/D. Williams/Roy trade....

how do u guys feel about Daquan Cook and Travis Outlaw?
My team lacks 3s; so im leaning towards Cook....
i wanna pick one or both of those guys and dropping Mbah Moute or Roger Mason.... Mbah Moute is a solid rebounder but i'm confident that without him i will still get rebounds coverd.
what do u guys think?
anybody?
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom