Official 2008 CLEVELAND INDIANS Season Thread (41-53): Momentum headed into the break.

It's the second inning.
laugh.gif

You have to love the Dellucci, Michaels, Blake part of the order today. I guarantee they don't combine for more than two hits.

And this personal catcher nonsense is ridiculous. Byrd's been in the Majors long enough; I don't think he needs someone holding his hand, so to speak.Shoppach should be catching two or three times a month, tops, whenever Vic needs a day off.

After Opening Day, Gutierrez is 1-23 with 8 K's.
Blake is 4-23; I don't even want to know his RISP average after Opening Day.
Michaels is 1-19 with 0 RBI and 6 K's.
Dellucci is 1-10.
Shoppach is 4-17 with 0 RBI and 5 K's.
...I wish we had some more versatility with Hafner, Garko, Vic.....it'd be nice if Vic could DH, Hafner play first or something like that...

But you can't take Garko's bat out....and you definitely don't want Hafner or Vic's bats not in there.
Garko could catch (he was an All-American catcher in college), but I don't think that'll ever happen.

Maybe we should sign Bonds.
sick.gif

Byrd gives up another jack, great.

EDIT: And another.

laugh.gif

...I wish we had some more versatility with Hafner, Garko, Vic.....it'd be nice if Vic could DH, Hafner play first or something like that...

But you can't take Garko's bat out....and you definitely don't want Hafner or Vic's bats not in there.

I just want a good 3B for once...outside of that one year Fryman had...it's been
sick.gif

Which one of you argued with me last year almost every time I called Byrd an RBI machine?
nerd.gif

Atta boy, Byrdman.
smokin.gif
That's why we let you go; too many outings like this sandwhiched in between decent outings.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

After Opening Day, Gutierrez is 1-23 with 8 K's.
Blake is 4-23; I don't even want to know his RISP average after Opening Day.
Michaels is 1-19 with 0 RBI and 6 K's.
Dellucci is 1-10.
Shoppach is 4-17 with 0 RBI and 5 K's.

Garko could catch (he was an All-American catcher in college), but I don't think that'll ever happen.

Maybe we should sign Bonds.
sick.gif

Byrd gives up another jack, great.

EDIT: And another.

why are you in panic mode its like the10th game of the season?
laugh.gif

hitters will find their swing eventually

...its not how you start its how you finish

smh.gif
.....No frankie to save this if the scores stays like this in the 9th

why are you in panic mode its like the10th game of the season?
laugh.gif

Well, because they're not good ever.

Compared to the other top teams in the AL, our lineup in NL-esque, except we have no speed.

We might not keep C.C., but at least we're keeping Fausto in his prime...

Indians sign young star Carmona to multiyear extension

ESPN.com news services

Updated: April 10, 2008, 2:52 PM ET

* Comment
* Email
* Print

CLEVELAND -- Fausto Carmona, a surprising 19-game winner last season, agreed Thursday to a $15 million, four-year contract with the Indians, a deal that would be worth at least $43 million if Cleveland exercises three club options.

The deal matches the highest guaranteed to a pre-arbitration starting pitcher (the other was the Cardinals' Adam Wainwright), and it's the highest guaranteed deal for a starting pitcher with only one-plus years of service time.

Fausto Carmona

Carmona

Carmona's signing gives the Indians protection in case they are unable to keep C.C. Sabathia, the defending AL's Cy Young Award winner, who is eligible for free agency following this season.

Sabathia rejected a preliminary offer from the Indians, and during spring training he suspended negotiations with the Indians until after the season. There's no guarantee he'll be back, and if he's not, Carmona will ascend into the No. 1 role.

Interestingly, the Indians announced Carmona's deal at a news conference inside Progressive Field, a gathering they promoted as "exciting news about a member of the Indians pitching staff (NOT C.C. Sabathia)."

Back
Top Bottom