..:Official 2008 NL Central Thread:..Congratulations Chicago Cubs...:

Stringer Bell 32 wrote:
Yo, its thundering and storming outside

I've seen like 2 or 3 Emergency weather advisory

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I'm straight though....only a (()) would be scared and go to their basement ....if you follow me
wink.gif

laugh.gif

Lost all respect for you.

Originally Posted by aRog27

Stringer Bell 32 wrote:
Yo, its thundering and storming outside

I've seen like 2 or 3 Emergency weather advisory

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I'm straight though....only a (()) would be scared and go to their basement ....if you follow me
wink.gif

laugh.gif
Lost all respect for you.

Damn, where you LOOKING for something to quote from him??? Yall cats getting in low blows and stuff

Luck? You should be upset at you own team for not being able to score on Brian Moehler, Tim Byrdak, Geoff Geary, and LaTroy Hawkins.
laugh.gif

Man, Brewers goin crazy. I wish Fielder woulda swung, Parra would be over right now. He was SCARED.
laugh.gif

Hopefully this doesn't help them gel, hope it trips them up for a bit, let us pad that lead.
frown.gif

Astros straight give me headaches.
smh.gif

Good to see Wood get back thought, but Howry needs to get right, or get outta the way. What happened to this guy?

41448692.jpg

41448700.jpg

Soriano 's Clutch 3-Run Homer Propels Cubs
Cubs Beat Astros 11-7
CHICAGO -- The Cubs may finally have their 25-man roster the way they want it.
Alfonso Soriano showed why he's a key part Tuesday when he smacked a three-run homer with two outs in the seventh, his 20th, and added an RBI single ina four-run second to power the Cubs to an 11-7 come-from-behind victory over the Houston Astros.

Chicago trailed, 7-6, against Chris Sampson (5-4), entering the bottom of the seventh. Reed Johnson singled to lead off the inning and reached third on MarkDeRosa's second double and third hit of the game. Kosuke Fukudome hit a sacrifice fly to tie it, and pinch-hitter Daryle Ward was intentionally walked. Oneout later, Doug Brocail faced Soriano, who launched a 1-2 pitch into the left-field bleachers.

"I like those moments," Soriano said.

"He changes the game with one swing," DeRosa said of the Cubs' leadoff man. "He's one of the big superstars in the game. He's oneof those guys, I think more so than his ability to hit the ball out of the ballpark, but he loosens us up as a team with his charisma and character in thedugout.

"He's a huge part of who we are, and I don't want to say he's our spark plug, because he bombs the ball out of the park," DeRosa said."But at the same time, he gets us going."

The Cubs scuffled when Soriano was on the disabled list for six weeks because of a broken bone in his left hand. In his past 10 games, he's hitting .419(18-for-43) with two doubles, five homers, 12 runs scored and 11 RBIs. The Cubs are 8-2 in that stretch.

Monday's series opener was interrupted twice by lightning and heavy rain, and finally stopped after 8 1/3 innings, with the Astros winning, 2-0. OnTuesday, there was nothing but sunshine, coupled with the return of Kerry Wood, activated from the disabled list earlier in the day. He pitched the eighth,with the Cubs' easing him back into the closer's role.

"It's great to be back," Wood said.

"The roster's fine," Cubs manager Lou Piniella said. "We felt that once we got Soriano back, that he would stabilize our offense, and hehas. Now that we have Woody back and can get him throwing the way he's throwing, our bullpen falls into the situation that we really like. We just have tokeep playing."

There are still some adjustments to be made, such as learning what starter Rich Harden can and cannot do. He struck out eight over 5 2/3 innings, and gaveup five runs on eight hits. Acquired July 8 from Oakland, the right-hander had given up three runs in 24 1/3 innings in his four previous outings with theCubs.

Harden also had a bunt single, and confessed to Piniella in the sixth that his legs were a little tired.

"I felt good early," Harden said. "I don't like making excuses for myself, but I missed some pitches, left some balls up. My offspeed Iwasn't throwing for strikes, and they were sitting fastballs. If I'm not locating that pitch, they're going to hit it."

Then there's reliever Bob Howry, who served up a go-ahead home run to Carlos Lee in the seventh. Piniella had gone out to talk to Howry before Lee'sat-bat.

"They wanted to pitch to him," Piniella said. "Lee can hit. I had choices, and obviously, the right one wasn't chosen."

Tuesday was the Cubs' 19th straight game, and the bullpen is a little spent. Off-days on Thursday and Monday could not come at better times. Speaking ofbreathers, DeRosa and Derrek Lee came back refreshed after a day off. DeRosa had three hits and three RBIs, and Lee notched his first extra-base hit since July28 when he doubled in the first. He had four hits for the first time since June 28.

"I take my day and try to relax," DeRosa said of the time off. "I understand the reasons why he gives them. I've been scuffling at theplate and trying to do too much, and today was a nice day to build off."

Chicago batted around in the second against Houston starter Wandy Rodriguez to open a 6-1 lead, and scored on an RBI single by Soriano, a bases-loaded walkto Aramis Ramirez, a sacrifice fly by Johnson, and an RBI single by DeRosa.

The Astros rallied, closing the gap to 6-5 on Geoff Blum's two-run homer with one out in the sixth. Carlos Lee then connected on his 26th homer with twoouts in the seventh off Howry to go ahead, 7-6.

"You want to come back for your teammates," DeRosa said. "Rich will tell you he probably didn't have great command of his offspeedpitches. When you get a chance to sit on heaters, it doesn't matter how hard you throw, Major League hitters are going to find a way to put the bat on theball. Same with Bobby. No one wanted to get Carlos Lee out bigger than Bobby did.

"When it doesn't happen, you want to pick them up, because there's been times when we've been picked up by our pitching staff aswell."

Sounds like something good teammates would do.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Bob Howry is officially a bum. I'd much rather see him leave than kind hearted Scott Eyre, even though he sucked too.

I'm really starting to like Lou. The guy has done a great job with this team and sometimes I just think he's lucky, but when it keeps happening,sooner or later you just have to tip your cap. I thought Baker was going to be our guy for a long time, he seemed to be a pure winner, but he failedmiserabley with us. Lou has done everything right so far, hopefully he can translate it to postseason fortunes as well.
pimp.gif
frown.gif

Eyre and Howry are not having the best of years. Lou has buried Eyre and if Howry keeps it up he will be buried too. It seems like it is really rough to judgebullpen guys. They are incredible one year and suck the next. I dont know what it is.
I really like Lou, if i knew where he was i would stalk him and collect his toe nail clippings. what? Seriously though, he makes some very good moves andalways sees to be able to get the right guy in against the right pitcher whenever he wants. Much appreciated.

Why the F*&^ do we pitch to Carlos Lee?
mad.gif

No really, serious, someone draw me a f*^%*^& picture or something because I don't get it.

STOP PITCHING TO THAT F*^*^*^ GUY YOU IDIOTS!!!!!

mad.gif

10 will get ya 20 he gets a fastball right down the middle of the plate before the game is over. Watch.
frown.gif
roll.gif

There will be no rant as to why do they pitch to DeRosa. I approve their decision.
roll.gif

Thank you Mark.

woooooO! what an inning! now im really happy that we never traded for brian roberts. deros is a BEASTTT!!!

Back
Top Bottom