..:Official 2008 NL Central Thread:..Congratulations Chicago Cubs...:

This kid does not want it with Lilly.. He was gettin ready to give him a haymaker jermaine o'neil style...

I am just glad we didn't lose any ground
ohwell.gif

Lilly wanted some didn't he?
laugh.gif
Old man, dude's crazy.

This a big series with the fish. They a lot better then the Braves and we really suck against these guys, so let's see how this turns out.

BTW, I'm on vacation next week so I won't be around posting much so if we start losing, don't let me catch nobody questioning why I'm hiding orsome stupid sh*^. I hate that crap.
laugh.gif

^
Stringer is not coming around to accuse you of "ghosting" so you shouldn't have a problem.

The Cubs are taking a ton of momentum (if such a thing exists in baseball) into play the fish. hopefully, our hot bats carry over and we can continue thisstreak. I will be in my garage barbecuing ribs, smoking cigars and drinking whiskey while i watch the game tonight so hopefully they will give me something tocheer about.

Wow, and I mean wow. That's why Lou gets paid the big bucks. Makes all the right moves and pushes the right buttons. I'm sure the majority wantedAramis to pinch hit. I had my head down when Ward was at bat. Good for him.

OMG....i drove home thinking the Cubs lost, and what????? D-Ward with a pinch hit 3 run BOMB in the 9th....WOW

take that take that take that....word to Puff

eek.gif
indifferent.gif

The folks at Dolphin Stadium decided to poke fun at the Cubs, and added a goat and a black and white photo of the 1908 team behind the players' images on the scoreboard.
from the cubs.com website

And that is why Florida has some of the worst fans out there.

A goat huh????? How freakin original. Ya'll need to come harder with your hate. I'm tired of all these lame idiots bringin up the same stuff everynight. I live in the present, ya'll should try it. Marlins....pshhhhh, ya'll ain't fit to hold my jock.

I'll take Hanley on my team though.....=)

I remember game 2 last year against the D'Backs in Chase Field, NLDS, the jumbotron was playing clips of the Bartman incident. No class. IMO only the teamswith more than 30 years in the league have more class of fans.

Great night.

Birds win, Cubs lose, but Jonathan Broxton is the biggest piece of !@@# I've ever seen. So the Brewers won too.

Anybody else notice when the baby bears lose, their fans don't show up? Especially that one guy, CP1708 orsomething? Yeah, I doubt he will post on here today, probably still hiding after last night.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Well that game was lame last night. So many scoring oppurtunities for the Cubs, so few hits.

Hopefully the boys can get back on the right track behind Dempster and have a nice outing.

Hanley Ramirez straight showboating. He is so lucky he got called safe at 2nd. Looked to me like Fontenot had him. I would pull his butt from the game so fastif he lolly gagged to first like that.

Is it me cause I just can't stand the way Ryan Braun acts on the field. Talented and good player yet so arrogant.

41668768.jpg

Dempster Wins #14, Offense Comes Alive in the 7th
MIAMI - Two-run doubles by Alfonso Soriano and Aramis Ramirez and a three-rundouble by Reed Johnson sparked an eight-run seventh that rallied the Cubs past the Florida Marlins 9-2 on Sunday.

Ryan Dempster struck out 10 batters in six innings to win for the fourth time in six starts. He gave up two runs, the sixth straight game in which he hasallowed two runs or fewer.

The Cubs, who had their nine-game road winning streak snapped with a 2-1 loss on Saturday, rebounded to win for the sixth time in seven games overall. Chicagobegan the day with a 4{ game lead in the NL Central.

The third-place Marlins lost for the fourth time in five games to fall 4{ games behind the New York Mets in the NL East.

Trailing 2-0 in the seventh, the Cubs sent 12 batters to the plate.

Mike Fontenot opened with a double to right and took third on Johnson's single. Florida starter Chris Volstad was replaced by Renyel Pinto (2-5), whowalked pinch-hitter Mark DeRosa.

Soriano then hit a liner to left that fell in front of diving Luis Gonzalez to go for a double that scored Fontenot and Johnson to tie the score. After RyanTheriot grounded out, Derrek Lee was walked intentionally to load the bases.

Ramirez then smashed a 3-2 pitch to the right of third baseman Jorge Cantu to score DeRosa and Soriano for a 4-2 lead.

Following Kosuke Fukudome's sacrifice fly and a walk to Geovany Soto, Logan Kensing replaced Pinto. Kensing walked pinch-hitter Ronny Cedeno beforeyielding Johnson's bases-clearing double to deep left-center that made the score 8-2.

Volstad was charged with two runs and six hits in six-plus innings. Pinto gave up five runs in two-thirds of an inning. It was the third straight appearance inwhich Pinto has allowed at least a run, and he has allowed 11 earned runs in 3 2-3 innings in August.

The Cubs' highest-scoring inning of the season was a nine-run frame against the Chicago White Sox on June 21.

The Marlins runs scored on John Baker's third-inning groundout and Gonzalez's sixth-inning double.

DeRosa had a sacrifice fly in the ninth.

Brewers and Cards both lost. So once gain, we're up 5.5 and 7.5 respectively .

Hopefully the Cubs can use the Cincy series to put a little more ground between first and the booers and cards.

Back
Top Bottom