Official 2008 NL WEST THREAD

HOffman needs to get something going or it will be a short season for the Padres...
Colorado
sick.gif
right now but still early

Dbacks do it again tonight..Reynolds 5th homer in 4 games...beat LA 10-4

Davis in for surgery on his thyroid on thursday...

and the giannnts....

haha ....lol...the Dbacks are playin good ball rite now....dodgers pitching needs to come around

I'm hoping the Diamondbacks sweep the Rockies for the second time in two weeks. It would be the perfect payback for last season.

I'm glad to hear Doug Davis' surgery was successful, and the rotation is only getting stronger with The Big Unit coming back on Monday.

Doug Davis began throwing a little bit today..

the kids on the other hand were moving slow until they put up 6 in the 8th against the Padres...these kids are just hitting the ball like no other right nowits ridiculous

MICAH OWINGS IS PLAYING RIDICULOUS BALL RIGHT NOW ON THE MOUND AND AT THE PLATE..

PHOENIX -- Once he made it to the big leagues, Max Scherzer wasted no time in earning a spot in the Arizona Diamondbacks' rotation.

The hard-throwing right-hander will start Monday when Arizona is home against the Philadelphia Phillies, Diamondbacks manager Bob Melvin said beforeWednesday's game against Houston.

Scherzer will take Edgar Gonzalez's spot. Gonzalez will go to the bullpen.

Melvin said the decision was "based on some pretty good results that we saw."

Scherzer, 23, made his major league debut in relief of Gonzalez against Houston on Tuesday night, retiring all 13 batters he faced, seven by strikeout. Hisfastball was consistently in the 95-97 mph range and hit 98 mph on one occasion.

"We stretched him out yesterday and we saw exactly what they saw in Triple-A and what we saw in spring training," Melvin said. "Being that hewas in a starting role and had the kind of success he did, it made sense to start him."

Scherzer had no decisions in four starts with Triple-A Tucson, but the rest of his statistics were impressive. He had a 1.17 ERA, allowing three earned runs in23 innings. He struck out 38 and walked three.

Scherzer was Arizona's first-round draft pick out of the University of Missouri in 2006, the 11th choice overall. He split last season with Class A Visaliaand Double-A Mobile.

"I'm really happy that I've been given the opportunity to be in the rotation and get some more wins for this team," he said.

He said it made no difference to him whether he was a starter or reliever.

"As long as I'm pitching and I have the ball," Scherzer said, "I'm happy."

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom