OFFICIAL 2009/2010 EPL Season Post

Could have/should have been 3...

Well, I've never been to South Africa, so I can't comment on their security. But I must admit, the media did play a part in my comment on the World Cupsafety. That was basically the story that followed the Togo story...

EDIT ~ $#%*, they tied.

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Could have/should have been 3...

Well, I've never been to South Africa, so I can't comment on their security. But I must admit, the media did play a part in my comment on the World Cup safety. That was basically the story that followed the Togo story...

EDIT ~ $#%*, they tied.
My rant wasn't directed at you...it just annoys me that the European media has been unfairly questioning South Africa's security justbecause an attack happened in a completely different area of the continent. No one questioned Germany's security prior to the 2006 WC or Switzerland'ssecurity prior to the 2008 Euro Cup after England and Spain were attacked by terrorists a few years earlier.

Originally Posted by Tinchy Stryder

Arsenal is a frail +%% club.

Young lads on a pitch without a clue.

If Arsene Wegner wants some silverware, he needs to change his pedo ways, and sign some older experienced players.
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Been nearly 2 weeks without a game missing 2 of their midfielders and their primary striker...I think we're doing pretty decent 3 pts back from the topwithout signing anyone yet.

That goal was nothing special, though.

Another deflected shot...

Rosisky is still !@!# to me.
You dont get style points for nice goals
laugh.gif

Arsenal broke down Everton's defense on that play and Rosiscky's shot was on its way in even if it wasn't deflected. There was even a wide openArsenal attacker next to Rosiscky who likely would've buried the chance too.

Anyways, this Arsenal club needs a lot of beefing up. A new starting GK, another defender for some depth, possibly a starting CDM and a starting striker.Rumors are that Wenger is after a 6'6 Ivorian striker that is 19-years-old
alien.gif

Yeah, Lacina Traore would be a nice signing, only 19, 6'6 1/2, quick, lots of power and for only 3.5 million why not pick him up...c'mon Wenger get usa striker that we can use asap.

Yeah Fabianski should be starting imo, Almunia lately has fell off hard. Last year he was doing really well, but as of late the man should be playing on theRed Bull or something.

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

Does anyone where I can watch La Liga games?? I've been watching Fox Sports Soccer and all they show is English Premier games
frown.gif

ESPN Deportes and ESPN2 show La Liga aswell

Been nearly 2 weeks without a game missing 2 of their midfielders and their primary striker...I think we're doing pretty decent 3 pts back from the top without signing anyone yet.
I think that's the whole point. EVERY club suffers injuries throughout the course of the season but Arsenal lack the depth to make up forthese injuries. A key player goes down and Wenger just plugs in a teenager to fill in the spot. The club made 40 million pounds off of the sales of Kolo Toureand Adebayor but Wenger is hesitant to spend the money. He didn't want to spend 10 million on Chamakh and decided to head into the season with van Persieas his #1 striker and Bendtner as his #2. van Persie is extremely talented but he is one of the most injury prone players on the planet. He's going tosuffer more injuries in 2010, 2011 and 2012. What happened to him a few months ago was no surprise. And Bendtner? The guy is buns. Now they're stuck withEduardo as the #1 striker
sick.gif

Arsenal are run by a bunch of money hungry business men. Winning trophies is not as important as just simply remaining competitive and making some extra cashoff of annual Champions League appearances by the club. Spending extra money on established players is not worth the returns on investment so they'recontent with buying and developing really young players who are good enough to keep the team in the top 4. Things are about to change though with teams likeMan City willing to spend their way into the top of the table.

As for Almunia...he is literally one of the worst keepers I've ever seen in my life. He didn't fall off this year, he's always been trash. I'llnever forget this dude for allowing 2 of the softest goals EVER in the 06 UCL finals vs. Barcelona. One goal went right through his legs, the other one went inon the short side from a bad angle
smh.gif
. Oh yeah, he let Ronaldo score a 40-yardfree kick on him in the 2nd leg of the UCL semis last season.

Originally Posted by Jada2001Retro

Arsenal is a frail +%% club.

Young lads on a pitch without a clue.

If Arsene Wegner wants some silverware, he needs to change his pedo ways, and sign some older experienced players.
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Been nearly 2 weeks without a game missing 2 of their midfielders and their primary striker...I think we're doing pretty decent 3 pts back from the top without signing anyone yet.
Blah Blah Blah

later this month You guys got Villa away, and the week after, you got us (United)

Then the top of Feb, you have Chelsea, and the week after, you have Liverpool...

You guys will drop points.

Arsenal will finish 3rd for the 3rd season in a row

You think I don't know the schedule? We crushed Villa 3-0, played very poor against Chelsea, should have beaten United, and beat Liverpool and now we playthem at home. I see us with a new striker in and with Song back from ANC, Cesc and possibly Clichy and Bendtner back from injury by then doing quite fine andpicking up . Thanks for your concern, and btw we finished 4th last year.

I like people doubting us, it was like all the Cavs and Celtics hypebeasts last year when they thought they'd be going to the finals instead of us.

Almunia always has been !#%!...every since the 06 CL Final against Barca.
Dude are you serious? You really have NO idea what you're talking about, our GK in the Final vs Barca was Lehmann...

Figures you come in 57 pages after this was started trying to spit some knowledge and claim to be a United fan...go figure.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Wow what a frustrating match to watch as an Arsenal fan...thank god for that equalizer in the final minutes.
1 point is better than 0 but we missed a huge opportunity to close the gap at the top.

How sad, I for the life of me cant seem to get up and make my first class throughout the week but I'll get up for really early to catch the Arsenal match.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

My rant wasn't directed at you...it just annoys me that the European media has been unfairly questioning South Africa's security just because an attack happened in a completely different area of the continent. No one questioned Germany's security prior to the 2006 WC or Switzerland's security prior to the 2008 Euro Cup after England and Spain were attacked by terrorists a few years earlier.
No, no... I didn't think you were directing it at me (at least I hope not
laugh.gif
)... but I hear ya. And thats not just the European media... I'm in Asiaand we're getting the same stories.

Dude are you serious? You really have NO idea what you're talking about, our GK in the Final vs Barca was Lehmann...

Figures you come in 57 pages after this was started trying to spit some knowledge and claim to be a United fan...go figure.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Oh my days...piss off dude.

Lehman was sent off in the Final...you *+*%##@ mug. And guess who came in????

shows how much you know. Piss off. I've been watching footy since i was *+*%##@ born

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I'm still laughing at you, I don't think I'll stop till you stop posting.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Dude...Lehmann was sent off after 20 mins. Almunia played for 70+ minutes and he gave up 2 super soft goals.

Another example of Almunia's incompetence...

He blows but he's just part of the problem at Arsenal.

Wenger needs to sign a big-strong striker. Not only because Van Puzzy is injury prone, but this team hasn't really replaced Adebayor properly.

Let Arsene get his little child molester fix on and sign Mario Balotelli.

Originally Posted by BrOwNiN187

Wenger needs to sign a big-strong striker. Not only because Van Puzzy is injury prone, but this team hasn't really replaced Adebayor properly.

Let Arsene get his little child molester fix on and sign Mario Balotelli.
Mario Balotelli is like the cockiest player in the world. Arsene hates cocky players. He would never make a move for Balotelli.

Also, If Balotelli makes a move anywhere, it would probably be Madrid or Barca. I honestly can't see him leaving Italy, though.

Like I said, you gooner lads might pick up Luis Saha, Ruud Van Nistelrooy, or HULK...

You guys are linked with them.

Balotelli is a headcase no doubt, but we need something of that mold in East London.

Saha..pass

RVN..intriguing because dude is still deadly in the 18

Hulk..He's a hard working forward from the few times I've seen Porto. Haven't seen him enough to properly judge.

donovan
pimp.gif

and
laugh.gif
at jada. not the first time ive seen you post some ******ed %%+! in relation to soccer. talkin bout who people are allowed to have as favoriteplayers...

Alex McLeish has done well for B'ham this season...
but clearly United's lacking that edge this season...

oh,and i think Fletcher's second yellow was questionable...

Man Utd. made like 80 million pounds off of Ronaldo's sale. I'm sure they have money to spend but Ferguson is waiting for the right guy to come alongat the right price.

I dont think he wants to spend 40+ million pounds on Aguero, Villa or Ribery.

I think the money brought in my Ronaldo's sale will be used to add depth to 3-4 positions as Ferguson looks to build an even stronger squad for the future.

Wenger isn't going to offer more than 200 pounds and a Burger King coupon for Ribery.

I dont believe that rumor for a second.

I can see Ribery going to Real Madrid. There was a lot of talk in the summer about Ribery wanting to go to Real and Real making a serious offer but then theissue just 'died down'. Perhaps Bayern agreed to sell Ribery to Real this summer?

And there are rumors that Man Utd. may sell Berbatov this summer. Ferguson made a big mistake by bringing in Berbatov when they had Tevez. Yeah, they are twocompletely different players but one of them scored regularly for the club and helped them win the UCL while the other is a smarter and more tactical playerwho cost more money and hasn't produced at all.

Best thing for Liverpool to do would be to can Benetiz and find a manager with a solid track record in domestic competition.

The problem for them is that they extended Benetiz's contract for 4-5 more years just last spring so firing him would cost ownership a ton of money.

IMO, Stevie G is loyal to the club and I think that Torres' loyalties lie with Benetiz. I dont blame him for sticking around with a club that does notappear to be ambitious enough to win any titles.

And Bayern are going to want 40+ million Euros for Ribery. I dont think Wenger's spent that much money in his 15 years at Arsenal.

Back
Top Bottom