OFFICIAL 2009 DODGERS SEASON THREAD : Season Over. Congratulations Phillies.

pimp.gif

always great to start the season off with a W, especially against Peavy

eek.gif
at Broxton staying at 98-100 mph but PLEASE someone help him develop an off speed pitch to go along with it.

everytime I see one of our boys in blue hit a yack in petco, I can't help but remember Ishii in 2004 hitting it over the 411 sign, and doing the bat flip
eek.gif
roll.gif
pimp.gif

562 are you talking about kuo? when they went back to back to back? and he flipped his bat on some david ortiz game winning hr steez
laugh.gif

Thing about Broxton is that to get that off-speed pitch he'd have to develop it.

Do you really want a young kid with perceived shaky confidence trying to figure out a curve ball in the major leagues?

Besides, if you have a guy who can throw that hard, why let him throw anything else. Broxton could throw fastballs above 95 every pitch this season (assuminghe doesn't throw them all right down the middle), and just tip his cap to the guys who can actually make solid contact on it.

After all, if he had a 3rd pitch with with slider and fastball, we would've just kept him as a starter and got him in a little better condition.

pmac, i know broxton has a breaking ball i've seen it - he just doesnt throw it.

youre crazy if you think his fastball is gonna get him through this long tortorous season.

the padres are basically built with young kids from AAA (with the exception of a. gonzales) i'm sure big league all star hitters who study their scoutingreports who sit dead red on a pitch can catch up with it.

luckily the season is a marathon, not a sprint - so he has ample time to work out his kinks.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU yuku. ps. any word on the opening day tix ironman?
smile.gif

Originally Posted by bright nikes

pmac, i know broxton has a breaking ball i've seen it - he just doesnt throw it.
He has a slider (Martin knows) that he throws to keep hitters off of his fastball somewhat,and I'm sure he'll develop that a little more.

youre crazy if you think his fastball is gonna get him through this long tortorous season.
What if I told you that the best closer in the league only throws one pitch?

(i'm just playing devil's advocate, you don't have to answer that
laugh.gif
)

Anyways, here's an interesting story about Ronald Bellisario

went to the game yesterday.
first time @ Petco. beautiful park, beautiful day, beautiful women. dont' get me wrong, I'd never trade in the Ravine, but goddammit if San Diegoain't a cool place to see a game...
Russell

Intros

random

Boomer. dude was was there for like the 1st inning, then disappeared for like 5 innings and then was back. probably at the bar.
laugh.gif

Dave Winfield. They honored him and Gywnn and two other Padres before the game. and check out the smoking hot blonde in the striped top. chicks everywhereman...

got to go to the game for free. the company I work for has a branch in San Diego and these are their seats. Better than the company Dodger seats. TON ofDodgers fans...

-J-

Nice pictures JBug. I've always liked that park for some reason... never been there but hopefully I'm able to catch a game there soon.

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

What company you work for jbug?

I'm a sales rep for a company that installs and maintain coin operated laundry washers and dryers in apartment complexes, dorms, etc.

-J-

beautiful man
pimp.gif

san diego in general is gorgeous and everything surrounding petco is sick.

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

What if I told you that the best closer in the league only throws one pitch?

(i'm just playing devil's advocate, you don't have to answer that
laugh.gif
)

laugh.gif

Martin's Cup Feels the Wrath of Broxton's Slider

By BRETT POLLAKOFF

Russell Martin might still have been feeling the effects of that slider he took to his protective cup from Jonathan Broxton.

Jonathan Broxton definitely had electric stuff in his season debut for the Dodgers. Just how electric, however, may only be known by his catcher, Russell Martin.

Warming up for the ninth inning in his first opening day as the Dodgers' closer, Jonathan Broxton drilled Martin in his protective cup.

"I spiked a slider," Broxton said.

Martin couldn't -- or wouldn't -- dismiss the episode with a shrug of a shoulder the way Broxton did.

"At that moment in time," Martin said, "I wanted to retire ... He throws a heavy ball. They all feel like they're going to go through my glove."

And you wonder why catchers wear all that protective equipment.

Thankfully, Martin was able to tough it out and stay in the game, and Broxton quickly and easily retired the side in the bottom of the ninth to close out the victory. He struck out two of the three batters he faced, and got the last one looking on a pitch that registered at 99 mph.

Broxton later said he knew he was throwing hard, and didn't need to look back at the radar gun for confirmation. That makes sense -- because all he had to do was look at Martin's face.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by bright nikes

beautiful man
pimp.gif

san diego in general is gorgeous and everything surrounding petco is sick.
My dude bright speaks the truth.
happy.gif

I'll be at the game tonight.

Hopefully Chris Young shows up. Dude looked garbage in spring training.

I wish this game was on at 4P
frown.gif

have fun at the game KB8, chris young bout to give up some bombs to manny though
devil.gif

^
Well, if that's the case, as a baseball fan, I'll at least get to see Manny knock it out of Petco, even if it makes me want to throw up as a Padre fan.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by KB8sandiego

^
Well, if that's the case, as a baseball fan, I'll at least get to see Manny knock it out of Petco, even if it makes me want to throw up as a Padre fan.
laugh.gif
go back to the charger season thread son.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

Originally Posted by KB8sandiego

^
laugh.gif
go back to the charger season thread son.
laugh.gif

roll.gif
and *#*% the chargers too!

go 49ers.
nerd.gif

laugh.gif
CP you killin me man.

Yo 562 has ironman answered that opening day tix question? I think he has the ignore button on.

Back
Top Bottom