OFFICIAL 2009 DODGERS SEASON THREAD : Season Over. Congratulations Phillies.

That company has been making our bobbleheads since the 2006 season.

If you have a Gagne bobblehead (pre-2007) and you have a Furcal/Martin (2007) you will notice the difference in size and detail.

Yes, they made a Vin Scully bobblehead. If you remember the Tommy bobblehead (w/Hall of Fame Plaque) that we gave out at the tail end of the 2007 season,well that was supposed to be a Vin Scully bobblehead giveaway night. They showed the prototype to Vin, and he loved it, but typical Vin, he did not want theattention and declined to have his bobblehead mass produced.

They had a handful of samples, I didn't get my hands on one
frown.gif

They have tried a handful of times to get Vinny to cave in, and he always says no. They have to get permission from the person/player in order to make abobblehead.

Hershiser has been asked and he has declined as well. Scioscia will probably decline too.

Still searching for that Valenzuela giveaway from '04 I believe. I passed on it 2 years ago when they had it at the store.
smh.gif
smh.gif

Wow!! That Vin Scully bobblehead is in production???
eek.gif
eek.gif

I'm gonna definitely need one of those.

My predictions for next year's giveaways:

1. Ethier
2. Scully
3. A Dodger Legend (The Bulldog, Scioscia, Koufax, Jackie
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
)
4. Another Manny, maybe him sitting in the dugout or something
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

(Anything to milk the money)

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

They have tried a handful of times to get Vinny to cave in, and he always says no. They have to get permission from the person/player in order to make a bobblehead.
Hershiser has been asked and he has declined as well. Scioscia will probably decline too.

WHY, WHY, and WHY would they decline??
frown.gif

We have to let Vin know that we want that bobblehead.
He doesn't realize he's the only real Dodger that we can count on to never disappoint. He's a Dodger Legend.

That company has been making our bobbleheads since the 2006 season.

If you have a Gagne bobblehead (pre-2007) and you have a Furcal/Martin (2007) you will notice the difference in size and detail.
I was looking at that after I picked up my Manny bobbleheads yesterday. My old Gagne and Newcombe,Drysdale etc bobbleheads and comparing them tothe current incarnations. The older ones are a lot heavier, taller, and more "vintage" looking.

One thing i'm glad when it comes to our giveaways is that we don't have sponsors all on our +%*+, it's usually off in the corner somewhere or aswith the bobbleheads, non existent . Much cleaner than the Giants or Angels ones with Chevron and Chicos Bailbonds in ceramic in front of Manny
laugh.gif

EDIT:

ph_history_timeline_1990.jpg

WAIT

dodgers+rookies+IMG_NEW.jpg

This should be our 2010 series
smokin.gif

Or Campy, Reese, Robinson and the Duke
pimp.gif

Sax, Opie, Kuo, JoBro, Ethier and Sandy
smokin.gif

One can dream right?

^^

Sponsors know that they will only get shine on the box,
laugh.gif

I like the clean look of our bobbleheads, no sign of sponsors anywhere. For the record, I like the newer ones, sleeker with a little more detail.

I hope Vinny caves next year if it is indeed his last season. Don't hold your breathe though.

French---

To understand why he declines, you have to understand Vin Scully. Although we all see him as a legend and we all grew up hearing his words, he doesn'tsee himself that way. It's always about the game, and the players on the field, the fans and everything surrounding it. If you ever get the chance tomeet Vin (
smokin.gif
), you will see that he is very humble.

^^

Sponsors know that they will only get shine on the box,
laugh.gif

I like the clean look of our bobbleheads, no sign of sponsors anywhere. For the record, I like the newer ones, sleeker with a little more detail.

I hope Vinny caves next year if it is indeed his last season. Don't hold your breathe though.

French---

To understand why he declines, you have to understand Vin Scully. Although we all see him as a legend and we all grew up hearing his words, he doesn't see himself that way. It's always about the game, and the players on the field, the fans and everything surrounding it. If you ever get the chance to meet Vin (
smokin.gif
), you will see that he is very humble.

I like these new bobbleheads as well. You won't see the sponsors logo like the Giants have, anywhere near the bobblehead, but you will see the logo allover the stadium.
laugh.gif

Regarding Vin, even though I have never met Vinny, I know what you mean, his character and unselfishness away from the spotlight is why he will always be thebest. And that's why I believe if we let him hear our voice, express that it would mean so much to the fans, I think he would cave in.

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

This Saturday right?

Unless you have presale tomorrow, but ticket prices are OD
sick.gif
, I don't think I'm going

Ahhh damn see i'm so out of it bro.

What are the prices looking like?

I believe it's $250 or 299 for vip nearest the stage, then it goes down to $125, $99. But you gotta tack on ticketmaster fees of probably like $15 perticket. I saw him last year, so I'm not desperate 2 see em

Same here dude. I caught him 2x before he went all 808s-- once at the Cox Arena in SD in 05 for $20 and last June at GITD, so i'm more than satisfied withmy memories of Good Kanye and not emo eurotrash Ye

oh and i see theres a ton of playoff tickets left. maybe mccourt will stop thinking he owns the lakers and relax with this playoff lottery nonsense.

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

oh and i see theres a ton of playoff tickets left. maybe mccourt will stop thinking he owns the lakers and relax with this playoff lottery nonsense.
I never saw the point of that nonsense. If anything, all fans should get priority as well.

I've never had to deal with any lottery. Log in at 10am and buy.

I know WS tickets are lottery based, but anything other than that- no. from what i've seen at least.

must be a new thing this year. i just figured it was because of the high reseller prices last year. just bought tickets for home game 2 whenever that will be

Back
Top Bottom