OFFICIAL 2009 DODGERS SEASON THREAD : Season Over. Congratulations Phillies.

Originally Posted by Beermann2

pimp.gif
damn that GS from finley in 04 was sooo epic
I can't believe it has been 5yrs. I was there yelling my lungs out and then Boom. . . HR. I felt the magic that day. Awesome day.

I remember like it was yesterday, I was getting ready to turn off the t.v. but Finley came up and smacked the grand slam
eek.gif
pimp.gif

And damn again???
They must be kidding 5losses in a row and only 1game over the Rockies
smh.gif

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

stupid crowd gets all pumped anytime the ball leaves the infield.

I hate that !%@# .

Blake being rusty is reasonable, he's been out for over a week. Manuel though...
I hate it too, I just shake my head.
They see with their hearts and not with their eyes
roll.gif

Cinco, if you need that plaque let me know.
nerd.gif

we cant lose 6 straight, can we?

lineup

Furcal, SS

Pierre, CF

Kemp, RF

Manny, LF

Blake, 3B

Loney, 1B

Hudson, 2B

Martin, C

Kershaw, P

if the rockies are the wildcard team and they finish with a better record than the cardinals and philies, would they have homefield versus them?

Originally Posted by sinser13

if the rockies are the wildcard team and they finish with a better record than the cardinals and philies, would they have homefield versus them?
No. The wild-card team never has home field in the DS or CS. Only chance a wild card team has of home field is in the World Series and we allknow the AL won that, so no home field for the Rockies throughout the playoffs.

Insane if Dodgers lose today and our season comes down to the last game of the season, that would just be insane
smh.gif

(The hard work they put in throughout the season and lose hfa)

They clinched home-field advantage in the National League Division Series earlier when the Cardinals lost to the Brewers at Busch Stadium. The Cards' defeat allowed the Phillies to pull left-hander Cole Hamels after just three innings and 47 pitches for a
potential start in Game 1 of the NL Division Series on Wednesday at Citizens Bank Park against the Rockies or Dodgers

how the hell does this work out?

Regardless of the result, we still have the better record right? Therefore, why would we start on the road?

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

They clinched home-field advantage in the National League Division Series earlier when the Cardinals lost to the Brewers at Busch Stadium. The Cards' defeat allowed the Phillies to pull left-hander Cole Hamels after just three innings and 47 pitches for a
potential start in Game 1 of the NL Division Series on Wednesday at Citizens Bank Park against the Rockies or Dodgers

how the hell does this work out?

Regardless of the result, we still have the better record right? Therefore, why would we start on the road?

if get the wildcard we would have to go to phillie

edit:
basically they are guaranteed to play the wildcard team the first round so that's why they have home-field advantage in the National League Division Series

I haven't seen PMAC since Thursday.

I hope he's ok.

Hope he didn't finally see the dark cloud that is the Rockies
roll.gif

Wow so this gets interesting:

If dodgers win ONE game, they get HFA and Wednesday they open up vs Cards

If they lose they play the Phillies and open up there?

Not sure I'm getting it right, but that's what it sounds like.

We really don't match up too well with any of those teams, so I hope we get the Cards (gotta go through the best).

Their starting pitching is gonna be what sets them over the top, and with Torre and La Russa you can pretty much expect small ball , matchups , a chess matcheverything.

The pre-game show with Torre and Mattingly was a little deflating, Torre said he has an "unusual bunch" they tend to play flat but then decide tocome out the gates, he said if he knew what could get them going he would do that.

Mattingly said in Pittsburgh the whole team got lazy, SD they got lazy and it all comes down to this series.

They aren't changing the approach.

Should be fun
happy.gif

What a great nl division race.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

Wow so this gets interesting:

If dodgers win ONE game, they get HFA and Wednesday they open up vs Cards

If they lose they play the Phillies and open up there?

Not sure I'm getting it right, but that's what it sounds like.
Yeah... you have it right... Cards are the #3 seed with the loss today, Phillies are the #2 seed with their loss (but won the season series w/Cards)

Dodgers and Rockies can either be the #1 (Division winner) or #4 seed (Wild card)

unbelievable to think that 4 months ago on this day, the Dodgers were 37-18 and the Rockies were 20-32 and 15.5 games back, and the Rockies could possibly bethe #1 seed with home field throughout the NLDS and NLCS

Detroit and Minnesota looks like it will come down to the final day or possibly a 1 game tie breaker... Detroit losing 5-1 in 9th

Back
Top Bottom