OFFICIAL 2009 DODGERS SEASON THREAD : Season Over. Congratulations Phillies.

Brox can't find the strike zone
frown.gif

Originally Posted by jrdnkiks213

Let's see how Brox fares...

At this point, I'm almost past thinking that.

Every time he steps out here he just mows dudes down. Not that he'll never blow a save, but I've gained so much more confidence in him. Maybe it wasthe WBC.

Back in 05, Bills and Broxton combined for a no-hitter in the playoffs. From following that gameon milb.com to watching them both have some rough spots in the majors, it's great watching all this success.

Guys, Broxton's performance was a nail biter.

He had command issues, he had around 22 pitches which 12 of them were only strikes, he had a wild pitch which put a runner in scoring position and you can tellthat 5 outs he had in Houston really affected in.

I'd expect him to sit out a couple games, but that's where our bullpen gets shaky - who gets the nod to close out games? Torre is playing musicalchairs out there with relievers, it's apparent that Joe has lost a TON of confidence in Kuo, although Bellisario has closer type stuff - I dont thinkanyone of us trusts him out there with a 1 run lead.

Who else? Cory Wade is till on the DL, Mota still has command issues .... I'm thinking Ohman would probably get the nod, iunno
laugh.gif

Joe Torre really needs to implement Loretta / Ausmus / Castro and them in the lineup, it's only gonna benefit us in the end.

We're up 1.5 games on the Padres, gotta keep distancing ourselves
smokin.gif

Guys, vote for our Dodgers being all stars: Manny, Kemp, Ethier, Hudson, Bills and Broxton!!!!

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

Originally Posted by jrdnkiks213

Let's see how Brox fares...

At this point, I'm almost past thinking that.

Every time he steps out here he just mows dudes down. Not that he'll never blow a save, but I've gained so much more confidence in him. Maybe it was the WBC.

Back in 05, Bills and Broxton combined for a no-hitter in the playoffs. From following that game on milb.com to watching them both have some rough spots in the majors, it's great watching all this success.

I know dude has the stuff to dominate out there.. there's no doubt about it. I just wanted to see how he would hold up mentally on the road, with a runneron base/no outs, after his defense committed an error. He struggled a bit with command but managed to pull it off in the end. Hopefully that builds hisconfidence/mentality for future and he's able to completely trust his stuff no matter the situation.

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

Originally Posted by bright nikes

Guys, vote for our Dodgers being all stars: Manny, Kemp, Ethier, Hudson, Bills and Broxton!!!!

laugh.gif
, we can't vote for Bills, but his performance speaks for itself. If he keeps it up, I could see him getting the starting nod, with the AL going to Zach Greinke. If the All Star game were to take place tomorrow, it would beGreinke/Santana IMO. Broxton will get in as well. If Brian Wilson and made it last season, Brox is a shoe in.

BN, I have to say the name you dubbed Mientkiewicz, bugs me. Tony Jackson dubbed him "MKZ", hell, call him "Mintkayvitch". "Mien" sounds like somebodies gay french cat.
laugh.gif
. Justputting it out there.

I didn't watch most of the game last night, just followed it on my phone and reading the recap when I got home. RISP on the road is
sick.gif
. Matt Kemp had a couple of big opportunities and failed to come through. Eventhough he is being more patient at the plate, he is getting the Russell Martin syndrom: "Trying to kill the ball everytime up". I thought theDodgers were going to pull away with the bases loaded and no outs, with Kemp at the plate. The next update I get is, LAD 3 COL 3, with the Rockies batting.

Had me looking at my phone:

2qkikpf.jpg

right after I typed that, I voted and realized we couldn't vote for Bills or Brox
laugh.gif
mad.gif

as for mien it seemed easier to typed for me, it reminded me of ordering something off a Chinese menu to tell you the truth
laugh.gif

I thought the Dodgers were going to pull away with the bases loaded and no outs, with Kemp at the plate. The next update I get is, LAD 3 COL 3, with the Rockies batting.
2qkikpf.jpg

perfect execution.

2qkikpf.jpg

I thought the game was going to start at 6, our time,
smh.gif

Missed the Dodgers in the first inning, watching the Raiders fumble the draft was fun though
laugh.gif

What you missed: The boys went through the lineup in the first, and Manny is still trying to throw his hip out with his violent swings in Denver

dodgers usually dissapear after they add on some runs, gotta capitalize on the oppertunities and give jmac some more wiggle room.

we all know how quick a lead can dissapear
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom