Official:2009 Fantasy Baseball Thread

Originally Posted by RocDaMike11

heads up for those that need saves

Kevin Gregg out as closer... Lou hasn't said who would replace him... looks to be either Marmol or Guzman
Anyone know?

Who are some other rookies that I should keep my eye on?

So far I got:
- Matt LaPorta (CLE)
- Alcides Escobar (MIL)
- Mat Latos (SD)
- Brett Anderson (OAK)
- Julio Borbon (TEX)
- Kyle Blanks (SD)
- Travis Snider (TOR)

Clinched 1st place of my 12 team money league (50 to enter, won $100 so far. hopefully i can take it all and add another $450 to that)

They have just been plowing through every1. 21 game lead in the last week of the regular season

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Who are you planning to drop so you can get Torii Hunter off the DL?

More than likely Jason Kubel. I just havn't done it yet, due to the fact I dont need to make any moves right now. I'm just making sure there's nomore injuries to my team before I need to play my team in week 2 of the playoffs(which is 2 weeks from now) (1st and 2nd get a bye)

Kubel has a lot of value. He's a good player, but your team has quality players at all positions. Any consideration of dropping Pettitte?
laugh.gif

Kubel i do like, but with the way my positions are arranged, i feel Hill would be better on the bench, to go in for utley on a monday/thursday. alot of peoplein this league feel the need to carry 3-4 bench starts, and it just makes me winning pitching categories that much easier. (Don't always start all mypitching if i have a good monday-wed, and opponent hasn't done much)

That being said, for the 2 weeks of the playoffs I'm present for (if i win my 1st playoff week) don't feel the need to carry more than 1 bench hitter.

Thanks to everyone for the info they've been posting.

Currently 2nd in my 7-team, NL-only league with my college friends...

Who are the potential September call-ups to keep an eye on?

Originally Posted by Super T1ght

keeper league question...yall think kendry morales is for real? predictions for next year?

I think Kendry is the real deal, he was just overshadowed by Texeira last year.

My team is really making a push. Was like in 15th place out of 16 just a few months ago, at 5th now 15 points back in one of the NT leagues.

Lost Johan Santana and Nyjer Morgan to injuries but I'm still battling. Might add Millwood or Penny but Millwood has been bad away from home and we'llsee if pitching in the NL benefits Penny enough to add him.

C- Suzuki
1B- Howard
2B- B. Roberts
SS- A. Cabrera
3B- Zimmerman
OF- Granderson
OF- Dye
OF- J. Rivera
UTIL- Kinsler
BN- C. Ross

SP- Happ
SP- Wainwright
SP- Feldman
RP- F. Francisco
RP- Wood
RP- Bailey
RP- B. Wagner
BN- Duke
BN- T. Hunter
BN- Hudson
DL- Kuroda

Offense has been solid but Dye is slumping right now and Ross is so streaky. Pitching has been somewhat of a weakness all season but free agency has saved methus far (Hunter, Kuroda, Hudson, Feldman, Happ).

Originally Posted by ChampCruThik

Might add Millwood or Penny but Millwood has been bad away from home and we'll see if pitching in the NL benefits Penny enough to add him.
AT&T Park should help Penny out. If you're not leaning toward Millwood, Penny wouldn't be a bad option. He's motivated to do wellwhen he plays the NL West, especially the Dodgers.

Originally Posted by parada45

Drop Sizemore?
I'd drop Sizemore. His season's done.

Derek Holland had 3 bad starts in a row and playoffs start next week. I'm leaning toward dropping Holland, but who to pick up?

- Bronson Arroyo
- Ross Ohlendorf
- Pedro Martinez
- Doug Fister
- Brian Duensing
- Clay Buchholz
- John Smoltz

I am in the playoffs. Should I start all 4 of these guys? Sit anyone?

Joba Chamberlin vs TB
Zambrano @ PITT
Tommy Hanson @ Stros
Wandy Rodriguez vs ATL

Starting Joba is up in the air for me. How many innings is he going to go this start? Last few starts have been 4 innings, 3 innings, and 3 innings... and theyhaven't been stellar or anything. One thing you can look at is Joba's ERA vs the Rays this year of 1.93.

Zambrano's pitching already so that one is out of the question.

I'd be afraid to start Hanson against the Astros in Houston. He hasn't pitched there yet. If he was at home, I'd start him. If you need the inningspitched, then start him, but if you could afford it, don't start him. This is the playoffs, you want to minimize damage and manage smart.

I'd defintely start Wandy vs the Braves. The difference is that Wandy loves pitching at home with his 1.60 ERA this year.

Back
Top Bottom