|||--- OFFICIAL 2009 NHL OFF-SEASON THREAD.....BOSTON BRUINS TRADE PHIL KESSEL TO TORONTO ---|||

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

^ Any signing the Devils make works out for them... They can sign a 53 year old beer league scrub and he would do great for them.

Thanks lol. Most people on HF are bugging out.

Islanders owner Charles Wang has been battling with local officials for several years in an attempt to build a new arena for his team.
As the New York Post reports, Wang has set an Oct. 3 deadline to get approval for his Lighthouse Project, commercial development that includes a new arena, or else he'll "explore all options," including the possibility of moving the team to another city.

At a zoning hearing held yesterday to discuss the new development, NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman indicated that the Islanders most definitely need a new home.

"I think it is clear, and I say this perhaps as a matter of observation, and as a matter of fact: There is probably no worse major-league facility right now in North America than the Nassau Coliseum," Bettman said.

It has been widely speculated that Wang might consider a move to Kansas City, which already has an NHL-ready arena. The Islanders' lease with Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum runs through 2015.

The Lighthouse Project has plans to be built on the current 150-acre Coliseum site and will include a residential area, office buildings, a retail area, a concert hall, a sports complex, a minor league baseball stadium, a five-star hotel, and a renovated arena for the Islanders.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
@ Bettman going in on Nassau like that..........this Lighthouse Projectsounds
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Neil came on strong at the end...but Looch
eek.gif
pimp.gif
....damn.

dude (Lucic) should be good for 25 goals...as I've said before, he's the FUTURE captain of the Bruins....

Lucic, one of those players everyone wants on their team.

It'll be Lucic or Wideman as the captain in the future, I love Wideman's game.

(Newark, NJ) - Philadelphia Flyers general manager Paul Holmgren met with the media prior to Saturday night's game against the New Jersey Devils at the Prudential Center, to discuss the team's decision to place defenseman Randy Jones on waivers.

Holmgren: "It was a difficult decision, obviously. We will see what happens over the next couple of days whether he gets claimed off waivers or not. We need to have some flexibility with our roster and this potentially could give us more flexibility."

Q: You can add 4 players out of this move.
PH: "Other than to say it gives us flexibility...I wouldn't speculate on players. The picture will become more clear on Monday."

Q: Was it more of a financial decision move or rather the way he was playing?
PH: "Randy is a good, experienced player. Obviously, he missed a lot of time last year, but he played decent at the end. This year coming off surgery he's just kind of getting back into it. I'm not worried about his overall play."

eek.gif
pimp.gif

a2wwmv.jpg

Originally Posted by GingersAintBad

His girlfriend is hot.
Speaking about his girlfriend........people were shock when Jonas chose Toronto over Dallas because Jonas' girlfriend and Brunnstrom'sgirlfriend are best friends.

Yup.........I've watched all our pre-season games, and Jonas has been stellar in his 60minutes. He's definitely going to make a push for that #1 spotthis season, so Toskala better step up his game or else he'll be on the bench.

Back
Top Bottom