OFFICIAL 2010-11 SACRAMENTO KINGS SEASON THREAD - Vol. Too Lazy To Make A New Topic Right Now!

I honestly like Cole Aldrich more.

i dont see Cousins being as big of an impact as hes supposed to be.

Nothing against Cole Aldrich, as he could potentially be a solid center like with Joel P's solid defense with hopefully a lot better offense, but the Spencer Hawes experiment has been disappointing and I want to see the Kings take another route in the center position...

Not a big fan of Al Jefferson considering the Kings have Landry and JT already at the PF positions. And it looks like JT has the most potential out of the three to actually be above average on defense. He must learn not to foul though.

Serge Ibaka 2.0 on the Kings would be nice...

well another disappointing draft lottery
smh.gif

^I second that.

What are your guy's thoughts on the Al-Faqouq Aminu? Whenever i see his name brought up here on NT people take a fat dump on him
laugh.gif

A lot of mock drafts have the Kings taking him right now. I hope its smokescreen from Petrie honestly. His combine measurements came out pretty impressive for his size. Really long wing-span. But to me, he is going to be a SF in the league and the Kings already have Greene and Casspi. He even stated that he wants to be a SF only.

The combine measurements for Cousins were both good and bad. Super wing-span for his height (average hops - word to Tyreke though!), but his body fat% is really high at 16%. Shaq's was 12% before he became fat... Please tone if possible.

I really hope the Kings attempt to draft a big man. But if there is better talent in another position, gotta roll with that too.

Walton is 'back' in the game with Kings

Bill Walton is one of the most interesting men on earth, or on any planet, for that matter. Men would say Mars. Women would say Venus. And for his next act, the Hall of Fame center/broadcast provocateur is dusting off his microphone, easing into his car and heading toward Sacramento.
For those who keep track of Walton comebacks, this is probably his zillionth, and quite possibly, his most important.

Walton, who retired from broadcasting two years ago because of debilitating back pain, and who weeks ago revealed that he contemplated suicide at one point because of unrelenting discomfort, says he is "climbing back into the game of life."

Fifteen months after undergoing innovative spinal surgery, he can stand again. He can sit again. He can sleep again. He can travel again. He always talked a great game, and so the next step, this next giant stride, transports him into the Kings' broadcast booth on a limited basis.

The plan is to start slowly, to stay on his feet. Initially, he will work Kings broadcasts in Los Angeles and provide commentary while watching other games at a television studio near his home in San Diego.

The end game is whatever Walton wants it to be. Or what his health allows.

While the pairing certainly appears incongruous, this union between the sharp-tongued Walton and a sensitive, small-town franchise, keep in mind that the Maloofs are both shrewd businessmen and complete softies for heartwarming stories. The conversation started when Joe Maloof read T.J. Simers' compelling account of Walton's struggles in the Los Angeles Times and chased down the big redhead's phone number.

"It sounded like Bill was doing great, but looking for an opportunity to get back into it (broadcasting)," Joe Maloof said, "and I thought we should give him a chance. How could you not be affected by what the guy went through …?"

Walton, who first revealed the extent of his emotional distress weeks earlier in his hometown newspaper, the San Diego Union Tribune, revisited the details Wednesday afternoon. Pain has been chronic since college. First it was his back, but usually it was his foot, fractured repeatedly during an abbreviated but nonetheless brilliant NBA career.

The back problems flared again about three years ago, precluding travel and forcing him to retire from broadcasting in 2008. He tried medication, yoga, massage, acupuncture, but nothing worked. He became a virtual recluse, his thoughts darkening by the day. Suicide was an option.

"You can't imagine what it was like," continued Walton, who suffered the initial injury when he was lowbridged while playing against Washington State. "Dr. (Steven) Garfin saved my life. He and his team at UCSD are such innovative guys, and they put such hard work into this, eight hours of reconstructing, cleaning, fusing my spine. I feel like I missed 2 1/2 years of my life, but I have an unbelievable opportunity to start over at 57."

Walton's day begins at a local YMCA at 4:30 a.m. He swims, lifts weights, stretches, relaxes. His pain is manageable now, he says, and no longer prevents air travel, which is one reason he isn't limiting his future with the Kings.

"When Joe called, I was flattered," said Walton. "He said, 'Bill, we have something special starting here and we want you to be a part of it.' I told him I would do anything they wanted. We didn't even talk money.

"This is about starting my life over again with a dynamic organization, and with fans who have been touched by something that's very special. We want to get back to that as quickly as possible."

There is a history here. Walton's wife, Lori, is from Tracy. Geoff Petrie was a teammate in Portland. Paul Westphal is a longtime friend, former Pacific-10 Conference rival and fellow Bob Dylan aficionado. Jim Gray, who recently joined the Kings broadcast crew, is his former NBA partner at CBS, NBC and ESPN.

"I'm back in the game, back with a team," Walton said, "and you know I value team play. Whatever I can do. I'm ready for anything."

Bill
pimp.gif

^
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
this is gonna be great him plus jack $!$ Jim Grey
laugh.gif
I'm gonna miss Kayte Christensen though
devil.gif

I didn't watch many Kings games this past season but was Kayte still showing off her cleavage during the pre and post-game shows?
laugh.gif

^I didnt think so.... but she was hot nonetheless....... Cisco and Reggie Theus tapped that a few years back
nerd.gif

So with Bill Walton and Jim Gray working with the Kings... Are the Kings moving up or them two dudes fell off? Haha.

Maloofs should just use the money on the new arena...

^Walton is only gonna be doing 5-10 home games, Jim Grey is only doing 20.

Yeah, looks like Walton is only doing the LA games (near his home) and the ones with LeBron. Not sure about Gray. Personally, don't really like them that much... But I did attend a Bill Walton basketball camp growing up. I thought it said Mitch Richmond was coaching us, but Walton and OP showed up instead.
mad.gif

olden-polynice.jpg

Missed out on those two-face jerseys back then!

Tuesday, June 1, 2010
Evans cited for reckless driving

ESPN.com news services

Tyreke Evans, the NBA's reigning Rookie of the Year, was cited for reckless driving Monday night after he was clocked at more than 100 miles per hour on a California highway.
3983.jpg

Evans
Police officers drew their guns and ordered the Sacramento Kings guard and his passenger out of Evans' 2010 black Mercedes-Benz S550 because the officers couldn't see inside the car since its windows were tinted. California Highway Patrol spokeswoman Lizz Dutton said the 20-year-old Evans and his passenger were briefly detained but were released after cooperating with police. Evans was not under the influence of drugs or alcohol, police said.The posted speed limit where Evans was driving was 65 mph.Kings president Geoff Petrie said he will discuss the incident with Evans on Tuesday."I've got a call into him and a message to him, but from what I understand he was over the speed limit," Petrie told the Sacramento Bee. "But he's scheduled to come in [Tuesday] and we'll talk about it."Dutton said Evans is due in court around Aug. 10.

Other sources say he was going 130+ actually... That's it, Tyreke needs his big brothers to drive him around town from now on. On a serious note, why does this happen in Sac? Bobby Hurley... Webber and Williams...

Reckless driving tho? Sounds like the Kings designated play for Tyreke in the end of the 4th quarter...
grin.gif

hyperbaric.jpg

^ Tyreke is chillin' in there... Hyperbaric chamber FTW!

J will and C webb used to race all the time in sac

this always happens cuz these dudes are probably bored from no nightlife in the city...jk

Don't forget Kevin Martin
smh.gif
i straight up hate him based on just how he drove in and around my neighborhood
laugh.gif
smh.gif
biggest A-hole driver

ok, i know the draft is upon us, but what possible trades can petrie come up with? do you guys think he can pull off a 1998-1999 offseason?

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

It isn't Tyreke's fault that he can't read the speed limit signs.
u still mad?
I'm not mad at all. Why would I be mad? I'm a huge Tyreke fan since I go to school in Davis. I'm just making light of the fact that he isn't the brightest Crayon in the box.

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

It isn't Tyreke's fault that he can't read the speed limit signs.
u still mad?
I'm not mad at all. Why would I be mad? I'm a huge Tyreke fan since I go to school in Davis. I'm just making light of the fact that he isn't the brightest Crayon in the box.
My bad Franchise. I'll take the L. I made a mistake and assumed you were a big Warriors/Steph Curry fan. I feel you though.

Maybe I should hang out more in the Giants threads and be more careful about who the Kings haters are in there. Cause looking through this thread, I've seen plenty with Giants related avys and sigs.

Back
Top Bottom