OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

Originally Posted by Big J 33

The real winners was Doo Be Doo being wrong and everyone being right about the Spurs
happy.gif

I remember havin to send PM's back and forth with him a few months back explaining why I didn't beleive in them.  Lo and behold, 3 point shooting ran dry, RJ went ghost, Duncan ain't Duncan anymore.......pretty much nailed every detail.  
pimp.gif

Doo gon send me a "you were right" PM any time now, I know he is......

Congrats to the Griz and their fans. I hope they beat the Thunder and the Lakers beat Dallas for the sole purpose of seeing who Nas will root for
laugh.gif

You guys are celebrating tonight, I'm not gonna dump on you for this notion that Z-Bo is a better passer than Love
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

just sayin' . Love was suppose to be the clear cut better player a few months ago as well. But, I guess now you see that Love would never be able to take over a game the way Zbo did tonight. 

I think I'm more angry that I guessed every single game right in this series. I should've made bets and had some money. 
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Proshares

Congrats to the Griz and their fans. I hope they beat the Thunder and the Lakers beat Dallas for the sole purpose of seeing who Nas will root for
laugh.gif

You guys are celebrating tonight, I'm not gonna dump on you for this notion that Z-Bo is a better passer than Love
laugh.gif
I'm sorry, but I'd have to root for the Lakers if such a scenario came about.
laugh.gif

Spoiler [+]
Z-Bo > Dirk just kidding
nerd.gif
tongue.gif

^
'chu mean you're sorry? 
ohwell.gif
  "have" to root for the Lakers.......What're we doin here? 
laugh.gif

I think Mike just became the biggest OKC fan on this board. 
laugh.gif

Spurs wasn't that good to begin with . Season and playoff is two different kind of basketball. Spurs ran out of breath by the 3rd quarter every game and always have to play catch up

laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

It just dawned on me this Spurs-Grizzlies series reminds me of the Jazz-Mavericks series in '01. One team being a young team on the rise with potential (Mavs/Grizzlies) while the other team a former contender with it's window shut (Jazz/Spurs). Not that I think the Grizzlies can sustain the success the Mavericks have had the past decade or anything.

Just realized this is also likely Antonio McDyess' last game ever.
frown.gif

Hats off to him.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by PMatic

Not that I think the Grizzlies can sustain the success the Mavericks have had the past decade or anything.
[CP]What success?[/CP]

'Dyess was a beast way back. I've got a tremendous amount of respect for how he transformed his game, and accepted smaller roles, while still being an integral part of some teams post-injury.

i dont see the grizzlies beating the thunder though. ibaka and perkins gonna make it real hard for zbo and gasol. if the grizz can stop kd then they got a chance. thats a big if...

Its a big "if" for OKC to stop Zbo too. 
Here's my quick "un-bias as I can make it" analysis on this series:

The way I look at it, saying OKC can stop Zbo is like Memphis saying they can stop Durant. I just don't see it happening. It will be their best bet to put Perkins on Marc who can also hurt them. Ibaka playing Zbo straight up just doesn't favor OKC. I will admit, Memphis will have to work harder in the paint against a fiesty, athletic OKC team. Memphis is still going to impose their will in the paint.
The difference between this series and the Spurs series is that Memphis no longer has the best player in Zbo. Durant is the best player which will give them a big advantage. Zbo is the 2nd best player though. I'm very worried about the Thunder perimeter game, but I was also worried about the Spurs perimeter game as well with Parker/Manu. Westbrook will give Conley fits though. Expect Conley to start out on Westbrook, Sam on Thabo and TA on KD. First sub will be Shane for Sam. Then, you may see TA on Westbrook and Shane on Durant. If Harden is subbed in for Thabo, expect TA to check him instead. 

Down the stretch, it will be a lot of mix and matching. The key to disrupting KD is to throw multiple looks at him. I really think this is going to be a great series with mostly (if not all) games going down to the wire. Most of their games have went down to the wire during the past two seasons. It will be a series of matchups and which team will exploit the best matchups. How will Brooks adjust to Zbo/Marc scoring 10 straight in the paint or how will Hollins adjust with Westbrook getting into the lane 3 or 4 times in a row?

With all that being said, I got the Grizz in 7
pimp.gif

What a day its going to be if I have to admit that OKC is the better team (if they win this series). 
laugh.gif

Well I was wrong

But will take better joy in watching okc take these frauds out.

Props to bhz for letting his homer ways pick this upset. Pmatic u a full on Memphis fan now? And **%! that bandwagon clown henzo lol

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Well I was wrong

Props to bhz for letting his homer ways pick this upset. Pmatic u a full on Memphis fan now? And **%! that bandwagon clown henzo lol
You sound extra salty, go to bed.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Well I was wrong

Still a Laker fan at heart, but I am enjoying watching the Grizzlies more than ever. Probably watching and posting the Grizzlies more than the Lakers considering I know the Lakers will be there at the end.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom