OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

^
Man, I'm still sorry about Posey, and Ariza.  I liked both those dudes and both of them haven't done as well in NO. 
frown.gif

I seen someone bring up Rip and the Celts lookin, damn it, if he gets bought out, Mitch better be on the grind.  We could DEF use Rip, and not letting him go to Boston would be a double bonus. 

I got ya now JA, forgot about the black eye stuff. 
laugh.gif

^
Man, I'm still sorry about Posey, and Ariza.  I liked both those dudes and both of them haven't done as well in NO. 
frown.gif

I seen someone bring up Rip and the Celts lookin, damn it, if he gets bought out, Mitch better be on the grind.  We could DEF use Rip, and not letting him go to Boston would be a double bonus. 

I got ya now JA, forgot about the black eye stuff. 
laugh.gif

I'm surprised no one is quick to get Rip right now. The dude can still get his shot off, and if on the right team, he can still be a game-changer.

I wish the Mavericks would go after him for the right price. I'd give up DeShawn and whatever else to get him.

He could definitely help teams like LAL or Dallas who are either in need of a SG, or a scorer off the bench.

I'm surprised no one is quick to get Rip right now. The dude can still get his shot off, and if on the right team, he can still be a game-changer.

I wish the Mavericks would go after him for the right price. I'd give up DeShawn and whatever else to get him.

He could definitely help teams like LAL or Dallas who are either in need of a SG, or a scorer off the bench.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

No one wants Rip's contract.

Rip in Chicago would be dope. I'm not sure he can spread the floor as much as the Bulls would like though.

I always found it funny how Rip signed that extension the day before Chauncey got traded.
laugh.gif
 He's gone on record saying he wouldn't have signed it had he known Chauncey was going to be dealt. 

Rip in Chicago would be dope. I'm not sure he can spread the floor as much as the Bulls would like though.

I always found it funny how Rip signed that extension the day before Chauncey got traded.
laugh.gif
 He's gone on record saying he wouldn't have signed it had he known Chauncey was going to be dealt. 

Chicago's a great fit. They'd be a legit 1-5. That team on defense with Brewer, Korver, and Bogans off the bench.
sick.gif

I had forgotten he signed that extension around that time. I remember thinking like damn what was going on there?

That's one hell of a mismanaged team though, I feel bad for their young guys like Stuckey, Bynum, Daye, and Monroe. They could probably have had a much better team if they had not signed BG/CV.

Chicago's a great fit. They'd be a legit 1-5. That team on defense with Brewer, Korver, and Bogans off the bench.
sick.gif

I had forgotten he signed that extension around that time. I remember thinking like damn what was going on there?

That's one hell of a mismanaged team though, I feel bad for their young guys like Stuckey, Bynum, Daye, and Monroe. They could probably have had a much better team if they had not signed BG/CV.

Will Bynum is like 30.

A little closer information about the Hornets' rumblings:
-From both contacts in front offices, they confirmed it was true thatHornets were among the most active, but their assets aren't very valuedaround the league. Teams are interested in first round picks and theHornets don't have one this year and aren't willing to give upunprotected future picks. Several teams are interested in anunprotected 2013 or 2014 pick from the Hornets (because they assume CP3 isgoing to leave), but Demps is not willing to do that right now.

- Antawn Jamison will not be bought out. I am told by someone I trustmore than I trust myself that the chance of that happening is "lessthan zero."

- Demps would feverishly go after Murphy and might even be willing tonegotiate multiple years if Murphy was open to it. The question iswhether Murphy would choose the Hornets over teams that most believehave a better chance of competing this year.

- Offer for JR Smith would include either Marco or MT5, depending onDenver's preference. Will only happen after Denver has agreed ontrading Melo, if at all.
I don't know that any of those would help anything. I guess Troy Murphy for cheap couldn't hurt.

Will Bynum is like 30.

A little closer information about the Hornets' rumblings:
-From both contacts in front offices, they confirmed it was true thatHornets were among the most active, but their assets aren't very valuedaround the league. Teams are interested in first round picks and theHornets don't have one this year and aren't willing to give upunprotected future picks. Several teams are interested in anunprotected 2013 or 2014 pick from the Hornets (because they assume CP3 isgoing to leave), but Demps is not willing to do that right now.

- Antawn Jamison will not be bought out. I am told by someone I trustmore than I trust myself that the chance of that happening is "lessthan zero."

- Demps would feverishly go after Murphy and might even be willing tonegotiate multiple years if Murphy was open to it. The question iswhether Murphy would choose the Hornets over teams that most believehave a better chance of competing this year.

- Offer for JR Smith would include either Marco or MT5, depending onDenver's preference. Will only happen after Denver has agreed ontrading Melo, if at all.
I don't know that any of those would help anything. I guess Troy Murphy for cheap couldn't hurt.

Damn, I didn't know Will traveled the Euro-route for a while, I thought dude was just undrafted a few years ago.
nerd.gif

Damn, I didn't know Will traveled the Euro-route for a while, I thought dude was just undrafted a few years ago.
nerd.gif

i wouldnt be surprised if the lakers lose to the cavs today smh....

and who needs rip more than the lakers as far as the contending teams???

shannon brown and steve blake. nuff said.

i wouldnt be surprised if the lakers lose to the cavs today smh....

and who needs rip more than the lakers as far as the contending teams???

shannon brown and steve blake. nuff said.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

laugh.gif

Cracks me up how some posts about basketball are sprinkled in between the movie buff posts...In the NBA season thread no less.

Is this unique to NT so I can say..."Only on NT?"

I'm workin on it.........
wink.gif

I'm trying to see if I can get ONE single thread to be allowed, within S&T that would be a general thread for people to post in.  Movies, TV, Books, Cars, whatever.   

that already exist. its titled the golden state warriors season thread....

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

laugh.gif

Cracks me up how some posts about basketball are sprinkled in between the movie buff posts...In the NBA season thread no less.

Is this unique to NT so I can say..."Only on NT?"

I'm workin on it.........
wink.gif

I'm trying to see if I can get ONE single thread to be allowed, within S&T that would be a general thread for people to post in.  Movies, TV, Books, Cars, whatever.   

that already exist. its titled the golden state warriors season thread....

Originally Posted by PMatic

laugh.gif
ehh to be honest for 2 years and $25 mill thats not bad for Rip since he can still ball. I think he will get dealt at the trade deadline.

Originally Posted by PMatic

laugh.gif
ehh to be honest for 2 years and $25 mill thats not bad for Rip since he can still ball. I think he will get dealt at the trade deadline.

Back
Top Bottom