Official 2010-2011 San Jose Sharks Playoff Thread vs Vancouver Canucks; Vancouver Advances

Originally Posted by NothingToL0se

so not down with this noon start time.

frown.gif

didn't know the game would start this early

only caught the final minutes

It's not too difficult, as long as you have your browser ready to purchase them at the time they come out. If you do that you usually can get the seat you want, I think.

That being said, the seats I sat in are $60 face value for regular season...they were $140. So it's a tad bit pricey. These were my seats:

230556_10100276330957374_3324480_54352937_5705965_n.jpg

those are some good seats actually
pimp.gif

let me know how much theyll cost once you get to the finals
wink.gif

*knock on wood*

just got back from hp pavilion (and the great mall lol). a buddy of mine scored free tickets at his work and asked me to come along. first time at a hockey game, and im glad i went! the howard/coward chants and the crowd's energy was amazing. nice win, and hopefully we can at least steal one in detroit. 
i was sitting in the fifth row. pic taken during the second period. face value was $162, but my friend's company bought the tickets at the start of the season. 

nice seats bros i sat in C13 for game 1
pimp.gif

glad to get the W, SJS outplayed DET by a considerable margin tonight.

hopefully we get to 4 Ws before DET does, and rather quickly.

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

That was a horrible start time. I was at work.
30t6p3b.gif

Glad the Sharks won though.

LORENander, those seats look
ay7bix.gif
awesome!
pimp.gif
thanks man! would have been nice to see the sharks score on my side. only goal i saw on my side was when detroit finally scored in the 3rd lol. the goals by white and wallin were on the other end, which i could only see from the jumbo tron.  

Originally Posted by So Nyuh Shi Dae

Originally Posted by offbad

just got back from downtown SJ.

HP Pavillion was crazy tonight. had last minute tix come my way
pimp.gif

some thoughts:
heatley is useless.
boyle hasn't been good this postseason, at all.
howard = coward (
laugh.gif
).
marleau is way too timid/hesistant.
the defense is still very spotty, at best.

nice to get the W, figure this team is gonna hafta gut them out against DET regardless.
Heatley is god-awful, but he just set up a p decent PP goal. He best be earning those millions. This fool earns way too much for his quality of play.
Dunno why people are calling Heater useless. He's been solid for them during the playoffs despite him not producing on the point sheet. His defense, backcheck, and forecheck have been good. Just because he was originally a sniper and has his role changed doesn't mean he sucks, he's simply doing things that he wasn't asked to do before. He actually gets PK time now. 
Judging a player based on point production isn't always the best criteria...just look at Thornton. This is his lowest point total during his tenure in SJ and I'd argue that it's been his best year yet because he's improved in every other aspect.

Originally Posted by digital m1ckey

pimp.gif

some thoughts:
heatley is useless.
howard = coward (
laugh.gif
).

nice to get the W, figure this team is gonna hafta gut them out against DET regardless.
Heatley is god-awful, but he just set up a p decent PP goal. He best be earning those millions. This fool earns way too much for his quality of play.
Dunno why people are calling Heater useless. He's been solid for them during the playoffs despite him not producing on the point sheet. His defense, backcheck, and forecheck have been good. Just because he was originally a sniper and has his role changed doesn't mean he sucks, he's simply doing things that he wasn't asked to do before. He actually gets PK time now. 
Judging a player based on point production isn't always the best criteria...just look at Thornton. This is his lowest point total during his tenure in SJ and I'd argue that it's been his best year yet because he's improved in every other aspect.
I was referring to his awful skating and questionable puck handling skills. He is off balance and constantly gives up the puck.

pimp.gif

some thoughts:
heatley is useless.
howard = coward (
laugh.gif
).

well he's useful if you like turning the puck over for no reason.
the problem with heatley is that whatever he's doing (PK, defense, 2nd line) does not merit his paycheck, and it's not even close.
his paycheck was awarded due to his ability to rack up points, which he hasn't been doing.
here's heatley's deal-- he just doesn't DO 2nd line. he's had to "change" his game to get "his minutes", that's just how he is.

Originally Posted by ady2glude707

What about Marleau, where the hell has he been this series? Hes had some chances.
no idea, he's been ghost this series and it's been pretty annoying. he took some shots today though..

and at least he can skate.

was in vegas the past 2 games...glad that the sharks are 2-0...the real test is on the road. so far NEMO is playing 2 good back to back games, lets hope he has a good series and close it out early.

well he's useful if you like turning the puck over for no reason.
the problem with heatley is that whatever he's doing (PK, defense, 2nd line) does not merit his paycheck, and it's not even close.
his paycheck was awarded due to his ability to rack up points, which he hasn't been doing.
here's heatley's deal-- he just doesn't DO 2nd line. he's had to "change" his game to get "his minutes", that's just how he is.
I understand he was paid to score points, but the fact remains that he has been an asset to the team in the playoffs and not a liability. 
Now if we were talking regular season, I'd understand because I was the biggest detractor of Heater this year. But, in my opinion, towards the end of the season and in the playoffs he's been playing better. Definitely not the best skater or puck handler, but his grinding on the boards, his defensive play, and his responsibility in his own zone have been surprisingly good. He doesn't do what he was paid to do, which is score goals, but he definitely has done a lot of the little things and has cleaned up his game and is taking care of the details now.

he has been an asset, so far, in game 2 vs DET.

he's been better on defense than his usual in the playoffs, yeah.

but SJS has arguably had a worse time creating offensive opportunities than playing defense until game 2 vs DET.

and with the kind of 2way forwards on the SJS roster, he's probably getting the hint that if he wanted to play, he needs to either a) ramp up his offensive production, or b) start doing something else. what he tangibly contributes now is his threat to score, which could open up possibilities/opportunities for others.

The point is you could get the same production for less money. The fool was acquired because of his point production. He was being paid his ridiculously high salary because of his point production. If he's not going to produce, the Sharks could easily go out and get players that will do the same job for less money. Unfortunately, Heatley has a No Trade Clause.

Also, didn't he take an interference penalty in the Kings series because he wobbled out of control into one of the King's players?

The point is you could get the same production for less money. The fool was acquired because of his point production. He was being paid his ridiculously high salary because of his point production. If he's not going to produce, the Sharks could easily go out and get players that will do the same job for less money. Unfortunately, Heatley has a No Trade Clause.

Also, didn't he take an interference penalty in the Kings series because he wobbled out of control into one of the King's players?

I totally get the argument that he's not earning his paycheck, but my argument was that he isn't 'useless.' 
I agree with just about every point 'offbad' made in his recent post. 

I don't, however, get how you can point to his penalty against the Kings. If you want to do that, what about Seto's slash that led to a goal on Sunday? Or Pavelski's roughing after crashing the crease on Howard? 

One penalty on a player doesn't detract from his value as Seto and Pavelski have both been playing great despite Setoguchi's lack of points..

I totally get the argument that he's not earning his paycheck, but my argument was that he isn't 'useless.' 
I agree with just about every point 'offbad' made in his recent post. 

I don't, however, get how you can point to his penalty against the Kings. If you want to do that, what about Seto's slash that led to a goal on Sunday? Or Pavelski's roughing after crashing the crease on Howard? 

One penalty on a player doesn't detract from his value as Seto and Pavelski have both been playing great despite Setoguchi's lack of points..
My argument was that he is awful, not useless. I then supported that argument by making note of his awful skating and poor puck handling skills.

You missed the point of why I mentioned that penalty. I had stated that he does not skate well. I found it hilarious that he took an interference penalty because of his poor skating.

Back
Top Bottom