Official 2010 San Francisco Giants Season Thread (92-70) NL West Division Champions!

My brother and me just came back from the game. I'm so
ay7bix.gif
pissed. Sandoval with another baserunning mistake, Bengie sucking like he always does, Renteria dropping the ball in the 1st inning at 2B, Rowand coming in to pinch hit pissed me off, the crowd cheering when Molina, Rowand, and Renteria gets introduced. Seeing Neukom and Baer at the game not paying attention to the game, walking around during crucial parts of the game to even see why the crowd was standing up and chanting pissed me off. Everything pissed me off.

Yeah, you could say I'm mad.

If we lose tomorrow that might be my last game of the season enough is enough we wait for the big hit that never comes. Bunt the #@++%%+ ball! Play small ball do what it takes to score some runs %%!+!

[table][tr][th="col"]V. Padilla LAD
6257.jpg
[/th] [td]vs.[/td] [th="col"]J. Sánchez SF
7777.jpg
[/th] [/tr][tr][td]1-2[/td] [th="row"]Record[/th] [td]6-5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5.82[/td] [th="row"]ERA[/th] [td]3.03[/td] [/tr][tr][td]34[/td] [th="row"]K[/th] [td]88[/td] [/tr][tr][td]8[/td] [th="row"]BB[/th] [td]43[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1.29[/td] [th="row"]WHIP[/th] [td]1.21[/td][/tr][/table]
Rowand CF
F. Sanchez 2B
Huff RF
Burrell LF
Sandoval 3B
Uribe SS
Posey 1B
Whiteside C
J. Sanchez SP
[h1]http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2010/06/giants-will-avoid-rental-players.html[/h1]
[h1]Giants Will Avoid Rental Players[/h1]
By Tim Dierkes [June 30 at 7:54am CST]

Giants GM Brian Sabean is searching for a bat, reports Jeff Fletcher of AOL FanHouse.  But here's Sabean explaining his limitation:

"We are not interested in free agents.  We don't want to rent players. That doesn't make sense for us. We've got to find someone we can control, much like the Freddy Sanchez deal, and hope that presents itself."

Sanchez could only loosely be called a controllable player, as he had an $8.1MM club option that was considered a fallback.  The Giants instead extended him at two years and $12MM in October.  Sabean also told Fletcher money is not an issue, though clarified to MLB.com's Chris Haft that "it's not a bottomless pit."

As Fletcher notes, Sabean's statement means Adam Dunn, Jose Guillen, Derrek Lee, Paul Konerko, and Ty Wigginton are out.  We also have to forget Russell Branyan, Adam LaRoche, Austin Kearns, Lyle Overbay, and Xavier Nady.  On Monday, Bob Dutton of the Kansas City Star had suggested the Giants had interest in Guillen if the Royals picked up the tab. 

Fletcher feels that an outfielder makes more sense for the Giants than a first baseman, unless it's Prince FielderCorey Hart, David DeJesus, and Josh Willingham are three other controllable names.  I'll toss in Jose Bautista and Luke Scott as well.  The Giants reportedly have interest in DeJesus.

The Giants may also scour the market for a setup man and even a starting pitcher, suggests Fletcher.  Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports wrote yesterday that "the Giants believe their bullpen is in need of more stability, particularly from the left side."

This team is a %%*@%$@ mess.

Evidence: Rowand leading off.

4 double-plays.

5-1 odds on a triple play.

Dah... Haven't been able to catch too many games, but if it's against a team in the West I'm not even going to bother checking the score. %!!% is sad.

I know it may seem early to push the panic button but IMO this upcoming road trip will play a big part whether or not we stay in the playoff conversation. We have been playing terrible and going on the road for 11 games in 11 days 4 in Colorado and 4 in Milwaukee both places where we haven't played well in the past I see us getting pounded by both teams and possibly by Washington. With everything going wrong at the same time pitching and hitting I see no end to this slump soon. I dont even remember the last time the starting staff has pitched this bad at the same time even with a terrible offense. Lincecum, Cain, Sanchez, and Zito (he pitched okay against LA but terrible vs HOU) were so bad this home stand.

[h1]Sources: Giants, Rangers in Molina talks[/h1]

Fox Sports

JON PAUL MOROSI and KEN ROSENTHAL

PRINT RSS
http:///static.foxsports.com/fe/images/foxsports_logo_75x75.jpg">http://static.foxsports.c...foxsports_logo_75x75.jpg')">
share_black.png

1 comments »

Updated Jun 30, 2010 9:15 PM ET
[h3]SAN FRANCISCO[/h3]
The San Francisco Giants and Texas Rangers are in serious talks about a trade that would send veteran catcher Bengie Molina to Texas, multiple sources told FOXSports.com.

One source indicated that the deal could be consummated within the next 24 hours.

San Francisco general manager Brian Sabean would not speak about any specific Molina trade scenarios during an interview on Wednesday, other than to acknowledge that he will consider trade offers for him.

The Giants are looking for left-handed hitting and are willing to move Molina as a way to get rookie Buster Posey in the lineup on a more regular basis.

Sabean said Wednesday that the team would prefer to add left-handed hitters who are under control beyond the end of this season. First baseman Chris Davis and catcher/first baseman Jarrod Saltalamacchia are among the Rangers who match that description; both are currently in the minor leagues.

However, one major league source said neither Saltalamacchia nor Davis is involved in the proposed Molina deal.

start praying NAO

Scott Boeck of USA Today reports that the Giants will get reliever Chris Ray and a player to be named later for catcher Bengie Molina.

The swap only needs approval from MLB commissioner Bud Selig, which should come before the night is through. Molina will immediately provide the Rangers with a solid, veteran presence at catcher and should show better power marks in the club's cozy ballpark. Ray, 28, has a 3.41 ERA, a 1.26 WHIP and a 16/16 K/BB ratio in 35 appearances this season. He will pitch in middle relief in San Francisco.

Done deal

[h3]Rangers trade for catcher Bengie Molina from Giants[/h3]
The Texas Rangers traded for catcher Bengie Molina from the SanFrancisco Giants for pitcher Chris Ray and a player to be named later,according to sources.

The Rangers are looking for a bona-fidestarting catcher. Matt Treanor would serve as the backup and MaxRamirez is an unproven rookie.

The trade would still have to be approved by commissioner Bud Selig.

By Scott Boeck

http://content.usatoday.c...ina-from-giants/1?csp=34

[h2]Giants reportedly acquire pitcher Chris Ray and PTBNL for Bengie Molina[/h2]
Posted by Andrew Baggarly on June 30th, 2010 at 7:09 pm | Categorized as Uncategorized

USA Today is reporting that a Bengie Molina deal to Texas is done. The Giants would get right-hander Chris Ray and a player to be named later.

The deal still needs to be approved by the Commissioner’s office, which is no rubber stamp if the Rangers will be responsible for paying the roughly $2.5 million still owed Molina this season. That’s because the Rangers are for sale and in dire financial shape.

Will update with more info …

pimp.gif

I'd still like to see Posey play first base. Don't want our best prospect in the squat for 100+ games a season.

I never understood re-signing Molina anyway...glad he's gone since he's as null at the plate as Whiteside.

Back
Top Bottom