Official 2010 San Francisco Giants Season Thread (92-70) NL West Division Champions!

Originally Posted by What up

EY Jr makes Fred Lewis look like a gold glover.

Dude takes the worst routes, dives when he doesn't have to and then gets up feeling himself like he just made a Web Gem.

Just like Matt Kemp.  Its funny to me that even the people who vote for Gold Gloves were tricked by this.

Come on Bengie.
smh.gif

9th inning. 3 run lead. Sergio Romo in? Affeldt throwing in the pen? Wilson in the dugout? Hmmm.....

I'm glad Zito overcame whatever it was that was wrong with him. Dude is back to his Cy Young form. He keeps this up all year the Giants win the WS.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

I'm glad Zito overcame whatever it was that was wrong with him. Dude is back to his Cy Young form. He keeps this up all year the Giants win the WS.

Just got back from the game, and I want to know a couple of things that they might have explained on the TV broadcast...

- I want to know why wasn't Wilson in the game for the save. Why Romo and Affeldt instead?
- What was the reason for Renteria leaving the game?

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Just got back from the game, and I want to know a couple of things that they might have explained on the TV broadcast...

- I want to know why wasn't Wilson in the game for the save. Why Romo and Affeldt instead?
- What was the reason for Renteria leaving the game?

Groin and groin

The orange jerseys are disgusting
sick.gif
It's something I would expect for spring training, but not as an alternate.
the cream pants make it look even worse. Just glad we're keeping this atrocity at home and on Fridays.
If you're going to do the orange thing, just go all out and make it bright like back in the 80s.

Zito, on the other hand....
pimp.gif

^ The orange has been growing on me. I initially thought they were disgusting, but now I don't mind them. Definitely wouldn't take it over the current ones and wish the black ones would be brought back, but not hating them anymore.

Hopefully Cain can start picking up. He's been disappointing, but his last game wasn't bad. Just the offense that didn't help him out.

And Schierholtz needs to take DeRosa's batting spot ASAP.

Originally Posted by EZLN1

The orange jerseys are disgusting
sick.gif
It's something I would expect for spring training, but not as an alternate.
the cream pants make it look even worse. Just glad we're keeping this atrocity at home and on Fridays.
If you're going to do the orange thing, just go all out and make it bright like back in the 80s.

Zito, on the other hand....
pimp.gif

I'm not a fan of the new orange friday jerseys at all.
As far as Zito hes on another level right now
pimp.gif

It seems like Zito and Cain have switched roles so far comparing the 2009 season with the 2010

At this time Cain was rolling last season and Zito was pitching okay but had ZERO run support at all

Now Zito is getting the runs he needs to be successful and Cain is getting the run support that he got prior to last season unfortunately

I forgot what the stats were but Zito is like 22-2 when the Giants score 4 or more runs and 105-6 roughly when getting 4 or more runs in his career

Hopefully Cain can establish command early in the game and the offense can get some runs on the board tonight

Kind of, yeah. Cain's stuff is much better than Zito's stuff was at this time last year; regardless of run support.
I remain incredibly skeptical of Zito's ability to continue pitching this way, especially since he's been known as a notorious "slow starter", but maybe he has indeed figured "it" out. Cain hasn't been lights out by any means, but he's pitched good enough to win if given even average run support. This is how I see it at least.

Nice seats, I sat adjacent to the first base coach box about 17 rows back for one of my first games back in like 2000 against the Mets. Word to Todd Zeile playing 1st.

Back
Top Bottom