Official 2010 San Francisco Giants Season Thread (92-70) NL West Division Champions!

[table][tr][th="col"]T. Lincecum SF
7981.jpg
[/th] [td]vs.[/td] [th="col"]O. Pérez NYM
6945.jpg
[/th] [/tr][tr][td]4-0[/td] [th="row"]Record[/th] [td]0-2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1.70[/td] [th="row"]ERA[/th] [td]4.05[/td] [/tr][tr][td]56[/td] [th="row"]K[/th] [td]20[/td] [/tr][tr][td]8[/td] [th="row"]BB[/th] [td]18[/td] [/tr][tr][td]0.83[/td] [th="row"]WHIP[/th] [td]1.61[/td][/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by LB510

Originally Posted by dland24

I agree with Whatup. Our bullpen isnt as good as most people think it is.

First off not to make excuses but its kinda hard for are bullpen not to be some sorta weakness when we have as good of starting pitching as we do.
Second is there really any big difference between this bullpen and last years? I dont see any.

I haven't ripped into you in a minute but ARE YOU ******ED!?

The @@$% does a bullpen's success have to do with our starters?  They get brought into the game to get outs.  A starting pitcher's outting does not and should not matter.

And you haven't noticed a relatively shaky Affeldt and Romo giving up bombs every other game he's in?  Almost everyone on last year's team overachieved - bullpen included.

CF Rowand
LF Torres
1B Sandoval
SS Uribe
C Whiteside
RF Schierholtz
2B Downs
3B Rohlinger
P Lincecum

...whiteside batting 5th. nuff' said

I'm at the point where I want Whiteside to sacrifce bunt if he comes up with a runner on base.

Make him practice along with the pitchers.

Downs can hit.  I'm not even mad Sanchez is hurt.  Dude is a cheaper version of Sanchez.

When I went to the Giants lunch, you could bid on a weekend with the Giants...and this was one of the trips.

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

When I went to the Giants lunch, you could bid on a weekend with the Giants...and this was one of the trips.
I feel sorry for whomever won that.

##$@ outta here. Dude has a hot road trip and he's all of a sudden a "strength?"

I appreciate that you come in here wanting to start baseball conversation but you've proven time and time again you don't know what the ##$@ you're talking about.

I mean, he has to be pretty good, given the money you're paying him. I know you don't just hand out big contracts to just anyone.

laugh.gif
  Nice.

I'd love to be in your position.  Rooting for a team that is run be the Money Ball genius himself.  Putting together a winning team year after year with millions of fans pouring in through the gates.  Playing at a beautiful park that gives your franchise stability to stay in their city for decades to come.

Oh wait ...

If you think so.

Anyways, I gotta run. I better pick up the Giants' offensive juggernaut for my fantasy team before someone else does.

Originally Posted by WearinTheFourFive

We got none of those things, and I'm pretty sure we've been consistently better than a team that does.

A's fans are a joke.  Dont worry about our team and stay posting in your own season thread.  You asked the question in there as to why your thread gets no love.....well your answer is because your team gets no love.  I like Billy Beane a lot.  But he doesnt deserve to work for a baseball team who has a cheap #%# owner and no real fan base to speak of.  Take the team and move it somewhere that can actually appreciate baseball and support a team.  And save the small market excuse.  The problem is your fans.  

Originally Posted by What up

Originally Posted by LB510

Originally Posted by dland24

I agree with Whatup. Our bullpen isnt as good as most people think it is.

First off not to make excuses but its kinda hard for are bullpen not to be some sorta weakness when we have as good of starting pitching as we do.
Second is there really any big difference between this bullpen and last years? I dont see any.

I haven't ripped into you in a minute but ARE YOU ******ED!?

The @@$% does a bullpen's success have to do with our starters?  They get brought into the game to get outs.  A starting pitcher's outting does not and should not matter.

And you haven't noticed a relatively shaky Affeldt and Romo giving up bombs every other game he's in?  Almost everyone on last year's team overachieved - bullpen included.

My point was its during the off season NO one what additional relief pitching and with good reason seeing as how good we were last year. We have pretty much the same squad (- Howry +Mota) as last season and it just seens we have hit a ruff spot early. Yes the bullpen overachieved a little but I still think with the minor upgrades on offense made this year we are still looking at a team that can win 5-9 more games than last years team.   

Did we as a group decide to give Andres Torres a pass on the fly ball miscue? If that were Velez you guys would have been all over him.

Originally Posted by MzD650

Originally Posted by WearinTheFourFive

We got none of those things, and I'm pretty sure we've been consistently better than a team that does.

A's fans are a joke.  Dont worry about our team and stay posting in your own season thread.  You asked the question in there as to why your thread gets no love.....well your answer is because your team gets no love.  I like Billy Beane a lot.  But he doesnt deserve to work for a baseball team who has a cheap #%# owner and no real fan base to speak of.  Take the team and move it somewhere that can actually appreciate baseball and support a team.  And save the small market excuse.  The problem is your fans.  
agreed. Even as a Giants fan I dont really hate the A's, and I dont mind you guys doing well. But seriously how pathetic can your fanbase get? Even with $2 tickets NO ONE goes to the games and supports the team. Its so sad that once in a while when i go to A's games, theres a large # of Giants fans who are just there for the cheap @#$ tickets and being able to sit all the way in the front
laugh.gif
most people in the East Bay don't even follow the A's, they just wear the A's fitted caps with the ugly @#$ designs to pretend like theyre from east oakland

I don't really want to pile on the A's

but I will. As Gary Radnich put it they should make every night a fireworks night to draw 19,000.

Rowand won us 2 games on that roadtrip...Big series against SD coming up we gotta win 2 of 3 to take  first pace

Back
Top Bottom