OFFICIAL 2011 DODGERS SEASON THREAD [ 79-77 ] : MLB asks for sale of Dodgers

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

I am really hoping Kershaw wins the Cy. He's 4-0 against Timmy this season right?

And 5-0 overall against the Giants 
pimp.gif

Seeing Kershaw and Kemp on top of every batting and pitching category, 
smokin.gif

Knowing Ned Colletti is the GM...
indifferent.gif

Knowing Frank McCourt is still the owner...
sick.gif

Spoiler [+]
Can't believe this fools off season move was to overpay for Juan Uribe. This is another knock on Frank for keeping this dude on the payroll.

I was extremely upset when they signed his fat %%+ in the offseason. And supposedly the Giants called at the last minute and offered him the same deal.
laugh.gif
at any idiot wanting to give Juan Uribe 21 mil

Anyone know the song that Rod Barajas uses when he came up to bat against the Giants during the series? 
embarassed.gif

Does anyone else get the feeling Kemp and Kershaw might get slighted because of McCourt?
Kershaw more so than Kemp, seeing as we aren't in the playoff hunt.

If anything Kemp will be the one that is slighted.

The Cy Young goes to the best pitcher regardless of standings, at least that has been the trend the past ten years.  Lincecum, Greinke and Hernandez off the top of my head were on non-playoff teams.

Kemp hitting #36 today,
smokin.gif

Kershaw and Kemp having monster seasons, damn you baseball gods *shakes fist*.

Kemp being .005 points from taking the BA lead, and 2 HR's from taking the HR leader lead.

Curious to know the last team that had the pitching "triple crown" winner and the hitting "triple crown" winner and not sniff the playoffs.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

If anything Kemp will be the one that is slighted.

The Cy Young goes to the best pitcher regardless of standings, at least that has been the trend the past ten years.  Lincecum, Greinke and Hernandez off the top of my head were on non-playoff teams.

Kemp hitting #36 today,
smokin.gif

Kershaw and Kemp having monster seasons, damn you baseball gods *shakes fist*.

Kemp being .005 points from taking the BA lead, and 2 HR's from taking the HR leader lead.

Curious to know the last team that had the pitching "triple crown" winner and the hitting "triple crown" winner and not sniff the playoffs.

Never did wanna say it was a waste of a season, but his numbers will be irrelevant in terms of everyone else (non-Dodger fans)  if he doesn't win the MVP, and that's a shame.  Dude is having a monster year.  
I hope the baseball gods will at least lift Kempy to a 40/40 season.  

Clayton is the clear cut Cy Young in my eyes, and that's biased aside, for real.  
smile.gif

Also, I had to really do a double take when I saw this stat..... 

az9wlf.png

[h1][/h1]
[h1]MLB asks judge to order sale of Dodgers[/h1] [h2]Major League Baseball does not intend to approve any sale of television rights that would help Frank McCourt maintain ownership of the Dodgers, according to the request filed with a bankruptcy judge. McCourt’s plan to emerge from bankruptcy is ‘dead on arrival,’ MLB says.[/h2]
Full article below:
http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-mlb-dodgers-20110924,0,3508892.story

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

Interesting that MLB fired that shot like that before the hearing.

They've been pushed to the limit, I don't blame them for responding as bluntly as they did, it was about time they cut the diplomacy.
These Dodgers eh? 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
eek.gif

Damn, next year will be nice--nicer if they get sold to an American owner--because I'm really liking the lineup.
What if we get Fielder and move Loney to 3B?

Originally Posted by bright nikes

Loney wont be back.

Plus a left handed 3b isnt ideal

I heard he's due a raise in the range of 6 Mil?? G T F O    
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

If he had been consistently hitting 20+ HR's, and 85+ RBI's, I can believe it. 

Anyone have the list of all the Dodgers coming off the books for next year??   I can only think of Kuroda, Furcal and Blake?? 

Barajas, Miles, Carroll, Garland, Kuroda, Broxton, and Padilla is all I could come up with.
Also Pierre & Andruw come off the books.

Back
Top Bottom