***Official 2011 MLB NL Central Thread***

Originally Posted by arstyle27

Reds_Logo_091254842909.png

Reds

Manager: Dusty Baker (4th season).

Record: 91-71 (lost ALDS).

Key arrivals: SS Edgar Renteria, OF Fred Lewis, OF Jeremy Hermida, LHP Dontrelle Willis

Key departures: LHP Arthur Rhodes, RHP Aaron Harang, SS Orlando Cabrera, OF Laynce Nix.

Knowns: Reigning MVP Joey Votto heads a deep cast of young, hungry players who follow the example set by Scott Rolen.

Unknowns: Will the Reds get the quality work they expect from a group of young pitchers led by Cuban LHP Aroldis Chapman? Will the inconsistent Renteria hold up?

Playoffs coming if … Baker's pitching staff handles the 2010 workload better than his Cubs' staff did from 2003 to '04.

When did this happen?
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Sucks to see Lance go though.

I hope this team has mentally recovered from the Phillies. This team got smacked around by the good teams more often than not last year. Hopefully they get that turned around.

*Will make sure to show my screen name often due to being called a bangwagoner late last season.
eyes.gif
laugh.gif

Reds_Logo_091254842909.png

Reds

Manager: Dusty Baker (4th season).

Record: 91-71 (lost ALDS).

Key arrivals: SS Edgar Renteria, OF Fred Lewis, OF Jeremy Hermida, LHP Dontrelle Willis

Key departures: LHP Arthur Rhodes, RHP Aaron Harang, SS Orlando Cabrera, OF Laynce Nix.

Knowns: Reigning MVP Joey Votto heads a deep cast of young, hungry players who follow the example set by Scott Rolen.

Unknowns: Will the Reds get the quality work they expect from a group of young pitchers led by Cuban LHP Aroldis Chapman? Will the inconsistent Renteria hold up?

Playoffs coming if … Baker's pitching staff handles the 2010 workload better than his Cubs' staff did from 2003 to '04.

When did this happen?
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Sucks to see Lance go though.

I hope this team has mentally recovered from the Phillies. This team got smacked around by the good teams more often than not last year. Hopefully they get that turned around.

*Will make sure to show my screen name often due to being called a bangwagoner late last season.
eyes.gif
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
I've been waiting for this thread.

I'm interested in seeing Dontrelle Willis.

pimp.gif
I've been waiting for this thread.

I'm interested in seeing Dontrelle Willis.

But on the real I am glad Drayton is putting his big ego aside so the team can rebuild. If we catch all the breaks with how typically Astros seasons go, they could break 80 wins.

BTW Bud "Cardinal killer" Norris does throw over 90.
laugh.gif

But on the real I am glad Drayton is putting his big ego aside so the team can rebuild. If we catch all the breaks with how typically Astros seasons go, they could break 80 wins.

BTW Bud "Cardinal killer" Norris does throw over 90.
laugh.gif

Wandy Rodriguez: 11-12 Record, 3.60 ERA, 178 K’s, 68 Walks, 1.29 WHIP, 2.62 K/BB

Brett Myers: 14-8 Record, 3.14 ERA, 180 K’s, 66 Walks, 1.24 WHIP, 2.73 K/BB

J.A. Happ: 6-4 Record, 3.40 ERA, 70 K’s, 47 Walks, 1.37 WHIP, 1.49 K/BB

Bud Norris: 9-10 Record, 4.92 ERA, 158 K’s, 77 Walks, 1.48 WHIP, 2.05 K/BB

Nelson Figueroa: No Decided Start, 3.29 ERA, 73 K’s, 34 Walks, 1.27 WHIP, 2.15 K/BB

Tell me that doesn't strike fear into NL central batters?

Wandy Rodriguez: 11-12 Record, 3.60 ERA, 178 K’s, 68 Walks, 1.29 WHIP, 2.62 K/BB

Brett Myers: 14-8 Record, 3.14 ERA, 180 K’s, 66 Walks, 1.24 WHIP, 2.73 K/BB

J.A. Happ: 6-4 Record, 3.40 ERA, 70 K’s, 47 Walks, 1.37 WHIP, 1.49 K/BB

Bud Norris: 9-10 Record, 4.92 ERA, 158 K’s, 77 Walks, 1.48 WHIP, 2.05 K/BB

Nelson Figueroa: No Decided Start, 3.29 ERA, 73 K’s, 34 Walks, 1.27 WHIP, 2.15 K/BB

Tell me that doesn't strike fear into NL central batters?

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

also isnt there an updated version of that group hug picture?

No one's made one since that one....lol
There actually was one made more recent than that. I will check to see if I have it.

There actually was one made more recent than that. I will check to see if I have it.

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Hmmm.......

Hmmm.......

Hmmm.......
I am on the hunt for it digging into the archives. This thread each year is the only reason I stay on NT. I am
laugh.gif
over here reading some post from the past...

http://niketalk.yuku.com/...tions-Chicago-Cub?page=8

Hmmm.......
I am on the hunt for it digging into the archives. This thread each year is the only reason I stay on NT. I am
laugh.gif
over here reading some post from the past...

http://niketalk.yuku.com/...tions-Chicago-Cub?page=8

Back
Top Bottom