Official 2011 San Francisco Giants Season Thread (86-76) 2nd Place in NL West

If Sandoval comes up this inning oh man
30t6p3b.gif

I said it all last year, but it still remains true - I effing hate Casilla.

And I think the blame on Pablo for the first run is unjustified. Point blank, it was a stupid decision by Posey.

I said it all last year, but it still remains true - I effing hate Casilla.

And I think the blame on Pablo for the first run is unjustified. Point blank, it was a stupid decision by Posey.

Defense tonight was brutal.

Posey's throw to third was unnecessary. Don't really care if Pablo was calling it or not, bone-headed move.

Posey's throw to third was unnecessary. Don't really care if Pablo was calling it or not, bone-headed move.

Originally Posted by Tim Lincecum

Agreed. Impatient hitting, three errors, and Casilla will not win you any games. Tonight's game was definitely winnable.

Originally Posted by Tim Lincecum

Agreed. Impatient hitting, three errors, and Casilla will not win you any games. Tonight's game was definitely winnable.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Zito, sore from accident, should start Sunday[/h1]

Henry Schulman, Chronicle Staff Writer
San Francisco Chronicle March 31, 2011 04:00 AM Copyright San Francisco Chronicle. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Prod

04/01/11

Barry Zito's neck and back remained sore a day after his Bentley was broadsided on the passenger side by a red-light runner in nearby West Hollywood on Wednesday night, but manager Bruce Bochy said Zito is confident he can make his scheduled start here Sunday.

Bochy also said he would let Zito pitch without the between-starts bullpen session he was supposed to throw Thursday.

Zito wore a neck brace as he came to Dodger Stadium earlier in the day. He was gone by the time reporters were allowed into the clubhouse and expected to go home to rest after undergoing a precautionary MRI exam. Zito had an X-ray at Cedars-Sinai hospital in Los Angeles shortly after the accident.

"He was pretty shaken," Bochy said. "I talked to him last night. It was really upsetting what happened. It took him by surprise. It happened so fast. Today he feels better about what happened."

Club spokesman Jim Moorehead said he understands Zito's car was hit on the passenger side toward the rear.

Bochy and general manager Brian Sabean huddled about options for Sunday if Zito cannot pitch. Bochy said it is "doubtful" Madison Bumgarner would throw on three days' rest, unless he goes a few innings as part of a Johnny Wholestaff game. If Zito goes on the disabled list, the Giants could retrieve just-demoted Ryan Vogelsong from Fresno.

[h3][/h3]
[h3]Giants sign Sanchez to extension for 2012[/h3]
The defending World Series champions have re-upped with their second baseman.

Freddy Sanchez has agreed to a one-year, $6 million contract extension for 2012, ESPN.com reported on Friday. Sanchez, originally acquired in a trade with Pittsburgh in July 2009, signed a two-year, $12 million deal with the Giants as a free agent in December 2009.

The Giants have not commented on or confirmed the report.

Sanchez, 33, underwent arthroscopic surgery on his left shoulder in December, the second procedure on his non-throwing shoulder in a year's time. He hit .292 with seven home runs and 47 RBIs in 111 games last season, and hit .270 in the playoffs, including a .360 mark in the National League Championship Series.

Sanchez won the NL batting title in 2006, hitting .344 with the Pirates.

Back
Top Bottom