Official 2012 Boxing Thread: JMM/Manny IV - FOTY.

Margarito/Chavez?

indifferent.gif

This dude Arum is NEVER gonna put JCC in the ring with Sergio. All in-house...as usual.

I just watched the 3rd round of Andrade/Bryant...

Wow Bryant Rocked him but Looked like a very fast stoppage

Originally Posted by LESGodSonC0

Margarito/Chavez?

indifferent.gif

This dude Arum is NEVER gonna put JCC in the ring with Sergio. All in-house...as usual.

That's why I never bought all that $%!! they were talking about him facing a southpaw in Lee to prepare for Sergio.  It's not the kids fault but I really hope Lee KO's him so I don't have to hear these excuses anymore.  You would have thought Arum learned when him big money fight JML/Gamboa went down the drain.

Boxing will never get better until Arum is no longer involved with it.

Think of the potential fights we would get if this dude would stop beefing with GBP...

They were supposed to stop last year but that never came to fruition. Some of those fights that'll never be made is just silly.

Donaire/Mares
Maidana/Alvarado
Broner/Gamboa
Khan/Bradley

A good amount of prospects who'd probably never fight each other as well.

JCC Jr signed a commitment to fight Sergio in September if he beats Lee. With the WBC but not mandatory
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Size 15 Please

Where is my boy Winky Wright ?

Watching his old fights, his defense and jab was amazing !

That's my cousin. He's in top shape and is going to dominate trust me.
Andrade is done sadly. Those fights with Bute did a number on him.

I get the feeling on Saturday Hopkins will be outclassed by Dawson.

Won't be doing anything until the breach of contract suit is settled. It could be quick like Donaire's last year or drag on. He was with his old trainer at the PBF gym which was weird I guess
laugh.gif

oh ok thanks. I was just wondering because I dont know how the contracts work. Does he have to fight a certain amount of fight under TR or is it a yearly obligation? Whatever it is I hope he settles it soon.Would like to see him and Broner. Or see him at 135 or maybe even 40.

Originally Posted by CAFinest23

Originally Posted by Size 15 Please

Where is my boy Winky Wright ?

Watching his old fights, his defense and jab was amazing !

That's my cousin. He's in top shape and is going to dominate trust me.
Andrade is done sadly. Those fights with Bute did a number on him.

I get the feeling on Saturday Hopkins will be outclassed by Dawson.

Still dont know if he really got hurt after the tackle

Forgot my son Paulie fights this weekend
pimp.gif

Spoiler [+]
Welterweight titlist Vyacheslav Senchenko was a 2000 Ukrainian Olympian, has held a world title since 2009 and has made three defenses, but he remains unknown outside of his home country.

Winning a belt against Yuriy Nuzhnenko and defending it against similarly obscure opponents -- Motoki Sasaki, Charlie Jose Navarro and Marco Antonio Avendano, none of whom would find their names listed in any rational top-10 welterweight rankings -- will have that effect.

But Senchenko, who trains under Freddie Roach at Roach's Wild Card Gym in Hollywood, Calif., would like to raise his profile in the United States and eventually fight in the U.S.

Rafael's boxing blog
Get the latest scoop and analysis on the world of boxing from ESPN.com's Dan Rafael in his blog.

"It's important for me to box an American because the American public is one of the best in the world to showcase my skills for," Senchenko said through translator Sam Katkovski, a representative of Union Boxing, Senchenko's promoter. "It is also every boxer's dream to be able to fight in front of American fans, and that is why I want to do it."

Although Senchenko's next fight won't be in the U.S., he can at least gain some exposure when he makes his fourth title defense. That's because it will come against the most well-known opponent of his career -- mandatory challenger and former junior welterweight titlist Paulie Malignaggi of Brooklyn, N.Y. -- and be available on television in America. He will face Malignaggi on Sunday (1 p.m. ET, Integrated Sports PPV, $29.95) at Donboss Arena in Donetsk, Ukraine, Senchenko's hometown.

"Fans will see what Paulie Malignaggi has left and if Senchenko is for real," Malignaggi said.

Said Senchenko: "It's very important to me to have this fight against a well-known American fighter. I want to win this fight and show the American fans that my record is not just a pretty record."

Indeed, Senchenko (32-0, 21 KOs) has a glossy record and a strong pedigree. He has been boxing since age 8 and estimates he had about 400 amateur fights, culminating in his appearance at the 2000 Sydney Olympics. He turned pro in mid-2002, so his first American television appearance has been a long time coming.

Senchenko, who turned 35 on April 12, has fought all but two of his 32 fights in Ukraine -- most of them in Donetsk. (The exceptions: one fight in Russia and one in Monaco.) He also hasn't been a very active fighter. He won his belt in 2009 and made one defense that year. But he fought only once in 2010 and once in 2011. And not against any recognizable names.

I'm the biggest name he's ever fought. He's never fought anybody on my level. He's in for a rude awakening.

Ropes were barely holding him up from what I've seen.

Good performance, though. Still a few fights away from the top of the class, would really like to see him in there with a BIG puncher next to see how he responds.

Back
Top Bottom