Official 2012 Boxing Thread: JMM/Manny IV - FOTY.

Ward's jab is solid IMO and his left hook is good as well. Dre might not have the pop but he's an excellent ring general and that will give Dawson some problems.

Where can we watch the Green vs Kessler fight? And are they still showing the under cards for the Khan vs Peterson fight?

They are saying Khan and Ortiz should fight each other even though the 7 pounds might mess that up too.

Originally Posted by Sir Rob A Lot

Originally Posted by Marvin Hagler

Originally Posted by Sir Rob A Lot

I'm not saying he has pop with the right hand. "The only knock I give Ward is his lack of pop."

I've watched Andre Ward since he was an amateur...his most effective punch has always been the straight right hand. He paws the jab (or Gunna describes it as stiff arm) and throws that right over the top. Repeat x-amount of rounds. You claim he's a lefty fighting orthodox? Where is that coming from? He's winning fights with left hooks?

I've heard ramblings on Twitter that a Ward-Dawson fight at 168, would not only be for the lineal Super Middleweight title, but it would also be for the Light Heavyweight lineal title because the bout would be within the 175-lb. limit.  Can anyone verify this?
You've watched Andre Ward since he was an amatuer but you don't know he's left handed?

07_ward_mediaday.jpg

Cuarezma_Ward_Bika_BLOG_010.jpg

And if you watched all his super six fights I believe one of the announcers even said he's a converted fighter.

And you don't have to be winning fights with left hooks if you're a converted fighter.

laugh.gif
I'm talking boxing. Since you said he has "no right hand," you were implying that ALL he has is a left hand. The straight right hand is his most effective punch and has been since the amateurs. Get me?

Lol. I went to all of his Super Six bouts except the final. & many other of his pro bouts.

I've met 'Dre Ward personally as he has came in to my old gym, Dreamland in Campbell countless times.
Now you're changing your words fam.
And no, I didn't imply anything. 

I even said he really has no power in either hand.

I even said there's a difference between just landing a right hand, and having a right hand with power. 

You said "You claim he's a lefty fighting orthodox? Where is that coming from? He's winning fights with left hooks?"

But now your saying you were talking in terms of boxing? 

Please clarify what your trying to say for me fam, I proved to you that Ward is a lefty fighting orthodox. 

So Dawson will get the Supper Middleweight titles and keep his Light Heavyweight titles? Still not worth the move down IMO. He should've offered catch weight 170 at the most. 
30t6p3b.gif

Kessler thought he was Sergio in the first round, had that left hand way too low. Plus, the dude is 33 those injuries and his age are starting to show. But that left hook
eek.gif

Originally Posted by Proshares

Kessler thought he was Sergio in the first round, had that left hand way too low. Plus, the dude is 33 those injuries and his age are starting to show. But that left hook
eek.gif
Pro do you know where I can find a video? All I see is pictures.

Andre Berto update part 3: ultra-trace amount levels are consistent with contamination not intent. #boxing

Cont. Part 2: ultra-trace amounts of Nandrolone in the low parts per trillion range #boxing.

Andre Berto Update Part 1 of 3: Sources have informed me that Berto's urine sample has tested positive for ultra-trace amounts cont. #boxing

Either Berto is the dumbest guy ever for trying to sneak take the easiest detectable PED or he's just a dummy for buying products from cheap supplement company

Man Green was out cold before he hit the canvas. It's a shame he can never put it together in big fights.

Berto is extremely dumb and Victor Conte is finished in American sports period.

Bruh you are confused. Victor Conte is Nowhere near finished.

He is WADA's go to guy and athletes from every sport call him/tweet him to ask him which supplements to use.

Conte gives his athletes lists of supplements that are reputable and which ones not to touch

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Bruh you are confused. Victor Conte is Nowhere near finished.

He is WADA's go to guy and athletes from every sport call him/tweet him to ask him which supplements to use.

Conte gives his athletes lists of supplements that are reputable and which ones not to touch
I don't see how anyone would mess with homie any more. Everytime PED or steroid allegations pop up his name is always in the conversation. 
I respect his ability to maximize athletes talents but if I was a high level athlete, or a sports agent, there's no way i'd have him in my camp.

who since Balco?
Name em?

That's the whole point. If you're rocking with Victor right now, you know that eyes are on you. I remember watching a fight and Victor Conte claimed Berto was anemic. Now this. 
The last thing i'd want is to be caught up in this. 

So jay dude is clean now? Helping people pick out the clean stuff to take?

And y'all missing the point with Berto he took something that nobody in there right mind would give him if he was trying to pass a steroid test.

Mike, Dude works with WADA. LMAO what more do you want

People are severly uninformed. its bad b/c I feel like Im his publicist on NT when I shouldnt have to. information thats easily found and readily available.

the folks you should be leary of are Ariza and Heredia...

btw, Ariza has been removed from JCCjr, Khan and Pac as of today.

Hmmm with the testing and bad publicity, coincidence?

And y'all missing the point with Berto he took something that nobody in there right mind would give him if he was trying to pass a steroid test.

*tips hat

Mike, Dude works with WADA. LMAO what more do you want

People are severly uninformed. its bad b/c I feel like Im his publicist on NT when I shouldnt have to. information thats easily found and readily available.

the folks you should be leary of are Ariza and Heredia...

btw, Ariza has been removed from JCCjr, Khan and Pac as of today.

Hmmm with the testing and bad publicity, coincidence?

*tips hat
What's the scoop on homie? I've been hearing about him for awhile.
I'm not even going to front, I don't know much about Conte. I'd just be looking to separate myself for that nonsense. I totally respect what he does. I'm curious what made Berto take these without thinking he'd be caught.

a funny observation, I swear I saw Ariza in Chico's Corrales corner when he fought Floyd.

he's a strength coach/nutritionist.

supposedly Arum is livid with him because he keeps telling everyone Arum is the reason Pac only fights top rank fighters LOL

So Arum ****canned him

a funny observation, I swear I saw Ariza in Chico's Corrales corner when he fought Floyd.

he's a strength coach/nutritionist.

supposedly Arum is livid with him because he keeps telling everyone Arum is the reason Pac only fights top rank fighters LOL

So Arum ****canned him

Makes sense IMO everybody knows how Arum gets.

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

Originally Posted by LESGodSonC0

Floyd is looking better and better every day for OSDT... Who's next?
He might be the next
laugh.gif
notice the guys who have gotten caught both were the ones pushing for testing and thought they had some way to mask/hide it.

Back
Top Bottom