Official 2012 Boxing Thread: JMM/Manny IV - FOTY.

Just read the Pun news and had to check in. Why is it that fate goes against our guys in this sport time and time again? I'm @!+!*%% hurting right now, this *%!% ain't fair man.

George Peterson said Pun is in denial and telling jokes at the hospital.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Sir Rob A Lot

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

Originally Posted by el producto79

I sincerely hope you just worded this wrong, that you were trying to say something other than a young man  possibly being wheelchair bound for life is a blessing because now you'll get to see a better match up in a boxing match.
Of course I am sad about this. But I am saying that this may be a wake up call to boxers, managers, promoters, whoever that they need to stop lollygagging and make these matches happen before some sh*t like this happen to the fighters.
Nah, bruh. This is bigger than boxing. My guy will NEVER BE ABLE TO WALK AGAIN.
Thank you. Dude clearly doesn't get it, #!+$ outta here with all that irrelevant nonsense. These aren't chess pieces on a game board...they're real people. @%%@ happens sometimes in this !@*+$+ up life we live, things we can't control. $!$*# first thoughts are about blessing in disguise. Tells me all I need to know about what type you fall in line with.

Go ahead and take that however you'd like...if I respond I'm getting banned again, I'm not going there.

Originally Posted by amishpimp27

Dan Rafael from Twitter: "Manager George Peterson says docs say he'll never walk again."

Jesus
30t6p3b.gif
that's the worst news man.  I feel awful for him and his family.

Damn the Paul Williams thing is crazy smh, I really liked him as a boxer. His first fight with Sergio Martinez was great. My prayers go out to him

Damn this is horrible...I remember following Williams from his fights on FNF and thinking he would be the next big thing.

man i got chills this morning reading the Paul Williams news on my twitter feed, and i still get chills now
frown.gif

Sad sad event...hope he pulls through...never mind fighting again, but i hope he can at least walk again
frown.gif

Originally Posted by aepps20

I hope someone will help Paul and his family financially.

He said in a few interviews that he started buying rental properties(apt. complexes I believe) as soon as h started making $, so he should still have a healthy income going forward.

That being said, the cost of care for someone with an SCI can be astronomical, and financially devastating in some cases.

He said in a few interviews that he started buying rental properties(apt. complexes I believe) as soon as h started making $, so he should still have a healthy income going forward.

That being said, the cost of care for someone with an SCI can be astronomical, and financially devastating in some cases.
That's what worries me. 

Originally Posted by DangerousG

Damn this is horrible...I remember following Williams from his fights on FNF and thinking he would be the next big thing.
Word, man.
Seemed like a humble cat that really cared about the sport.

I pray that he can recover fully and enjoy his life.

Terrible news.

Sad day for boxing with the Tapia and Pun news. I suppose the positive outlook about Pun's motorcycle accident and severed spinal cord, is that his spirits seem to remain fairly high all things considered. His manager said Williams might consider a career as a comedian, but with respect that's obviously a long time away given the freshness of this unfortunate incident. 

He said in a few interviews that he started buying rental properties(apt. complexes I believe) as soon as he started making $, so he should still have a healthy income going forward.
I remember that too.
 I hope he is in a good place financially.

when you survive a traumatic experience, sometimes you get a "high". Your outlook and mood is excellent. you laugh and make jokes. But it comes down when you realize your physical inabilities. then things get realy real SMH.

Some people really do have that Mr. positive personality though. Hope he is one of those people.

I'm glad Punisher has a good outlook on things. I pray that he'll make it past this, and I'm confident he will. His career may be over, and while it was short-lived, his life will not. A man that jokes that he will go into stand-up comedy if he truly can't ever fight again? Brave man.

I always liked Paul, I wish him the best, and I hope he doesn't fade away without us knowing how he's doing. Stick around Paul.

Sig check.

I'm glad he's positive and remaining clam about the whole situation, he's been a favorite of mine for awhile now. I can't believe this happened to him. I pray he will recover and live a normal life.

Yeah i pray Punisher does have a positive attitude and outlook on life. So many boxers only know boxing and its difficult for them to leave the sport

Back
Top Bottom