Official 2012 "Cool Grey IX" Retro Thread December 15th

really hope i can get a pr w/ease since i won't get the bred 11s & also feel cgs are the better shoe to get.

me too, I never really was interested in the Breds... I mean I was before I knew they were going to get retro'd :lol:

Like people are saying this should be a pretty decent release, I think most places will do a first come, first serve. Haven't seen anything about raffles or RSVPs. Nike's twitter hasn't said anything about them either.

Looks like the 11 release is helping with this one as far as no one really focused on the CG 9's, hopefully everyone on here that wants a pair will get theirs.

Looks like the 11 release is helping with this one as far as no one really focused on the CG 9's, hopefully everyone on here that wants a pair will get theirs.

THIS!

Everyone is so highly focused on the XIs, that this specific shoe is getting no love in here. But regardless this shoe might sell out in my area (So Cal).
Like my friend said earlier that is going to try to get her bf the XIs, "This shoe game is crazy" I just replied by saying, "It wasn't like this back in 2000-2004.:rolleyes

I called the malls around me to ask about these and the other December releases.  All places I talked to said these were going to be FCFS.  They wouldn't tell me how many pairs they had, but the FNL guy kinda laughed and said go ahead and come up a little before we open if you would be mad if you didn't get them.  But I could also probably come get em at the end of his shift and they should have a bunch still.  FNL and one of the FTL's said I was the first that had even called about them.  Great news
smokin.gif

Hopefully Ill be able to cop these. I don't think there is too much hype on these yet anyway.
That's until people realize that they're called "Cool Grey IX's". Then the first thing coming to their mind is going to be something like "OMG THEY'RE GOING TO BE LIKE THE COOL GREY XIs" Then the hype will ensue. I promise. 
I tried on the photo blue's and they'd fit me .5 small and not TTS. So I think I'm gonna go .5 bigger just so it can fit comfy.

Last edited:
That's until people realize that they're called "Cool Grey IX's". Then the first thing coming to their mind is going to be something like "OMG THEY'RE GOING TO BE LIKE THE COOL GREY XIs" Then the hype will ensue. I promise. 

Well I'll maybe try them on again and see how they fit but I'm sure they fit me small because 10.5 in the blk-red IVs fit me TTS.

Well I'll maybe try them on again and see how they fit but I'm sure they fit me small because 10.5 in the blk-red IVs fit me TTS.
Well did you notice any differences in sizing in the later 2012 releases of any Jordan this year? Or are my feet randomly shrinking. Please, someone tell me I'm not going crazy. 

Last edited:
Well did you notice any differences in sizing in the later 2012 releases of any Jordan this year? Or are my feet randomly shrinking. Please, someone tell me I'm not going crazy. 
Your not going crazy. Somehow JB retros have been fitting people either small or big recently. Like for me the XII, Olympic VII fit big. I had to get a sz 10. Some reason the photo blue 9s fit me small so I had to go big so I think it's really on you

Your not going crazy. Somehow JB retros have been fitting people either small or big recently. Like for me the XII, Olympic VII fit big. I had to get a sz 10. Some reason the photo blue 9s fit me small so I had to go big so I think it's really on you

Looks like I'm going to have to write a very angry E-mail. 
eyes.gif

Does anyone have these yet that may want to share the information to everyone and close this discussion on the fitting.....
We all know what happened when the Olives released recently, tons of people were asking for size swap because they realized the shoes didn't fit them comfy.

Anyone with these please share. Or share some light on how the Olives, Slim Jenkins, Kilroys, etc didn't fit TTS...I know for some did, but majority didn't...

THIS!
Everyone is so highly focused on the XIs, that this specific shoe is getting no love in here. But regardless this shoe might sell out in my area (So Cal).
Like my friend said earlier that is going to try to get her bf the XIs, "This shoe game is crazy" I just replied by saying, "It wasn't like this back in 2000-2004.:rolleyes

Yea So Cal will sell out of any retro and I don't miss living back in Daygo but Kansas City is slowly getting there :smh:

I called the malls around me to ask about these and the other December releases.  All places I talked to said these were going to be FCFS.  They wouldn't tell me how many pairs they had, but the FNL guy kinda laughed and said go ahead and come up a little before we open if you would be mad if you didn't get them.  But I could also probably come get em at the end of his shift and they should have a bunch still.  FNL and one of the FTL's said I was the first that had even called about them.  Great news :smokin

Excuse my ignorance but does FCFS mean First Come First Serve?

I thought these would look like garbage, we got them in and quickly changed my mind.

They don't look half bad.

:smokin

Does anyone have these yet that may want to share the information to everyone and close this discussion on the fitting.....
We all know what happened when the Olives released recently, tons of people were asking for size swap because they realized the shoes didn't fit them comfy.

Anyone with these please share. Or share some light on how the Olives, Slim Jenkins, Kilroys, etc didn't fit TTS...I know for some did, but majority didn't...

If you sell me your "Bred 12's" in your avy, I'll provide you with all the info you need to know :wow: :lol:

I finally got an upclose look at these earlier this week on Fordham Rd and they were okay. I prefer the Motorboat Jones colorway but these are a clean look and you wouldnt be making a bad decision if you copped. But this whole raffle nonsense is definitely getting ridiculous. Im hopeful that the demand for the 11's leaves these slightly unnoticed for those who are trying to cop without the hassle and run around.

I found the Olive IX's to fit very similar in size to the 2012 BRED IV's. The issue I had was length of the shoe, my true size is a 10.5 but when it comes to both of these

I have to go with a size 11. My big toe touches the front-side on the 10.5's.

The width is perfect on the IX's but I find the IV's to run slightly narrow.

Back
Top Bottom