Official 2012 "Cool Grey IX" Retro Thread December 15th

Yea I was out there last year it was too crazy never again
Westbank WSUP! I'm from Gretna but I've been living in Miami for the past two years. How's the shoe game in Nola now? I remember the Space Jam release@ Oakwood like it was yesterday. Scrambling to different entrances like wild animals 
roll.gif

Ehhh Kilroys released in GS sizes.  That's not limited.

Foams also have a 2 per customer limit.  If they were really "limited" they'd slap a 1 per customer limit on them.  The demand however will outweigh the supply as in most cases with big Nike releases nowadays.
LOL, I'm obviously talking about all 5 of the other pairs that were LIMITED.  5 out of 6.  I know the Kilroy's were a GR, as I'm sure everyone else does.

Any decent release sells out immediately on NDC, so that is not what I was referring to.  NDC rep and NDC twitter said they will be the same numbers as the limited pairs from the Kilroy pack.  I know how limited they were and how quickly they were gone.

For some reason people aren't understanding that the foams and CG9's DO NOT release on the same day.  Foams are Friday morning, CG9's are Saturday morning.  Foams will not effect this release.
The Alter Ego pack was for the most part limited, correct.  Read the post wrong, but it's not obvious when that's not even what the pack was called.  I assumed that you were speaking of the Kilroy IXs.  My mistake.

The Alter Ego pack was for the most part limited, correct.  Read the post wrong, but it's not obvious when that's not even what the pack was called.
Eh, some people came up with calling it the alter ego pack.  NDC tweets call it the Kilroy Pack so I just went with the official name.  I know these Cool Grey's are better than any of those other IX's at least haha.  I've really been looking forward to these.  They feel more like the DB's on feet too, not so bulky like the pairs from the pack.  RD is closing in, good luck getting you pair(s)!

I just went to my finishline to get a ticket, I was the first one in line when I get up to the counter to sign up he's like no sz 10.5, I looked at his paper and it skipped from 9.0 to sz 11 so I had to settle for an 11. I thought they were doing this whole raffle system to make it fair for everyone but I guess it's never going to change.

I just went to my finishline to get a ticket, I was the first one in line when I get up to the counter to sign up he's like no sz 10.5, I looked at his paper and it skipped from 9.0 to sz 11 so I had to settle for an 11. I thought they were doing this whole raffle system to make it fair for everyone but I guess it's never going to change.

Or maybe they just didn't get any 10.5s?
Most of the stores in my area don't get stock of at least 2 of the listed men's sizes, doesn't necessarily mean any foul.

I'm surprised FNL stores are doing raffles. All of the ones near me are doing first come, first serve, but I guess it's the DM/Managers call.

Going to be online or bust for me... Saving all my energy and stress for the Bred 11 release. hehehe

HOPING TO FIND A WAY TO GRAB ONE PAIR OF THESE... INITIALLY DDNT WANT EM BUT THE NASTOLGIA IS CRAZY...REMEMBER SELLING MY 02'S WHEN I WAS STRAPPED FOR CASH

HOPING TO FIND A WAY TO GRAB ONE PAIR OF THESE... INITIALLY DDNT WANT EM BUT THE NASTOLGIA IS CRAZY...REMEMBER SELLING MY 02'S WHEN I WAS STRAPPED FOR CASH

Yeah it's all about nostalgia for me as well. I remember when these got stolen out of my PE locker freshman year of high school :smh: and I only wore them a couple of times.

I'm surprised FNL stores are doing raffles. All of the ones near me are doing first come, first serve, but I guess it's the DM/Managers call.

raffles / lotteries are the safest bet right now, in our neck of the woods, the mall said no more midnight or early releases because people would camp out, then fights would break out in line, kids get robbed in the parking lot (or even in the mall on their way out).

Local mom and pop stores are bugging wanting $250 and $300 for these. It's online or bust for me.

I hope you guys get your pairs when I went this weekend to get my ticket there was only 18 pairs at the footlocker I was at.

My friend told me the pics of Jordan in the CG 9's were staged by Nike so they could sell better. I've only seen one pic with him in them and that's the one were he's on the floor. Anyone have any other pics or game footage of him wearing these?

Here ya go, a pic even in a home jersey. As a matter of fact, I still have my Nike home jersay that my girl from my college days got me for my bday, pics of this jersey and these Jordan 9 Cool Grey kicks to follow once I get my pair.

Funny thing is, I would have got them back then, but I was a college budget. Being on the budget I had to pick and choose which shoe too higer priority, with that said I was mainly focused on the Jordan 17, yep I just said that, I REALLY wanted and got ALL 3 of the Jordan 17 colorways, I even passed up a 2002 Jordan 7 retro playoff/championship pair (I know that SHOCKS many of you that think "Jordans ended at the Jordan 14") for the white/red Jordan 17. :lol: I see of y'all are from the DMV area and know exactly what I am talking about, everyone couldn't wait to see Jordan break out the 17's in a game (kind of like the Kobe 8 thread were everyone couldn't wait for Kobe to break out the Kobe 8's). Anyhow looking forward to these Jordan 9 Cool Grey.

Last edited:

Me too. My Finishline said FCFS. If the raffle thing from Footlocker don't work out, I'll head up to Finishline and check online to see what's up. Most definitely have to get these.

Yeah it's all about nostalgia for me as well. I remember when these got stolen out of my PE locker freshman year of high school :smh: and I only wore them a couple of times.

In high school, I got my '94 WC 3's stolen out of my bball locker and that dumb *** claimed he never got them. BS. They were massively used tho'
Also, one of our guys got his Columbia XI's stolen from his locker too from another team mate of ours... idk why the hell someone would steal someone's shoes? They got into a fight before practice and coach gave us one ugly lecture. Idk what happened between them both after...

Smh at kids then and now.. :smh:

My friend told me the pics of Jordan in the CG 9's were staged by Nike so they could sell better. I've only seen one pic with him in them and that's the one were he's on the floor. Anyone have any other pics or game footage of him wearing these?

Here ya go, a pic even in a home jersey. As a matter of fact, I still have my Nike home jersay that my girl from my college days got me for my bday, pics of this jersey and these Jordan 9 Cool Grey kicks to follow once I get my pair.

Funny thing is, I would have got them back then, but I was a college budget. Being on the budget I had to pick and choose which shoe too higer priority, with that said I was mainly focused on the Jordan 17, yep I just said that, I REALLY wanted and got ALL 3 of the Jordan 17 colorways, I even passed up a 2002 Jordan 7 retro playoff/championship pair (I know that SHOCKS many of you that think "Jordans ended at the Jordan 14") for the white/red Jordan 17. :lol: I see of y'all are from the DMV area and know exactly what I am talking about, everyone couldn't wait to see Jordan break out the 17's in a game (kind of like the Kobe 8 thread were everyone couldn't wait for Kobe to break out the Kobe 8's). Anyhow looking forward to these Jordan 9 Cool Grey.

I'm still waiting on them to re-retro the 17's!!!! Suitcase and all! :smokin :smokin

I'm still waiting on them to re-retro the 17's!!!! Suitcase and all! :smokin :smokin

THIS.

THIS.

:lol: you guys want the CD too or should they update it with a USB stick?

I love the 17s but I've decided to part with my CDP 17s. I'll be throwing my size 11.5 on ebay later today.

Back
Top Bottom