::Official 2012 Fantasy Baseball Thread::

i bench avila, he hits a 3 run shot
mad.gif

hosmer has murdered me

when i think about some of the offers i turned down early for him
30t6p3b.gif

If you need RP-- as many do-- consider picking up Ryan Cook (OAK).

He's been on fire thus far (yet to allow an ER), and will most likely be the A's next closer once Fuentes messes up and/or Balfour is traded.

Unfortunately Pro has been right about Dee Gordon thus far. Kid is a steals machine but just doesn't get on base enough. He'll get better throughout his career, but the outlook immediately for this season is a bit bleak. Keep him if you need steals in a dire way, otherwise judge based on the available SS in the FA pool. 
Closer proving once again to be the least valuable position in fantasy baseball drafts. This year even more so than most with the revolving door for many teams at the closer position.

I always preach patience when it comes to fantasy baseball. Bide your time, guys. Avila worked his way out of a slump already. King Albert is somewhat back on track. Walden will be the Angels closer by the end of the season. I have confidence Hosmer and Lawrie will heat up after the All-Star Break. 

Matt Adams, the Cardinals 1B prospect who has been up for a few weeks is playing very well, and has the spot for a long time, now that Berkman is out.

Hitting .375 going into today - and is 3/4 already today.

Could be a very solid pick up, Cardinals are a machine, I've scooped him up.

Originally Posted by ChampCruThik

Unfortunately Pro has been right about Dee Gordon thus far. Kid is a steals machine but just doesn't get on base enough. He'll get better throughout his career, but the outlook immediately for this season is a bit bleak. Keep him if you need steals in a dire way, otherwise judge based on the available SS in the FA pool. 
Closer proving once again to be the least valuable position in fantasy baseball drafts. This year even more so than most with the revolving door for many teams at the closer position.

I always preach patience when it comes to fantasy baseball. Bide your time, guys. Avila worked his way out of a slump already. King Albert is somewhat back on track. Walden will be the Angels closer by the end of the season. I have confidence Hosmer and Lawrie will heat up after the All-Star Break. 
Gordon has been bad, .227 avg, 1 HR (flukey) 10 RBI 19 runs scored, SB - 14 , .269 OBP - awful.

But lets put a positive swing on things shall we...

LAST WEEK - staring from May 22 - 8/18 - 3 runs scored, 1 rbi, 2 sbs

It's not great, but it's a great week for him, and maybe he's turning the corner now that he is batting in the bottom of the order, less pressure. He's a guy that wins you SB category by himself, he just needs to work on getting on base via walk. Can't expect him to hit like crazy right now. 

He's in my lineup for steals, and hopefully this great week is a start for him to get his stats up. Dodgers are playing well, so hopefully that rubs off. 

If he finishes with a .255-.265 avg and 40-50 steals I'll take that in a heart beat.

I have faith Dee can be a Michael Bourn-type producer in the near future. He has the baseball pedigree and speed on the bags to swipe 50-plus consistently.

James McDonald is dealing for Pittsburgh this year, happy to see him do well. Long as he can maintain his control particularly with breaking balls, should end up being a successful season for McDonald. 
Kipnis has been one of the best 2B in fantasy baseball. Combination of power numbers and SB, following somewhat in Kinsler's footsteps. As an Indians fan, I sure hope he can keep up the strong production. 

Ryan Cook finally starting to letdown a bit, took the loss against Minny today. 

Chris Sale racked up 15 Ks in his start with the W, making sure Ventura never thinks about removing him from the rotation again. Addison Reed got the save. "I'm not saying, but I'm just saying." - Wilbon 

Originally Posted by ChampCruThik

I have faith Dee can be a Michael Bourn-type producer in the near future. He has the baseball pedigree and speed on the bags to swipe 50-plus consistently.

IDK about Bourn level production, I think that's an absolute ceiling, if not over shooting his skills. Bourn is a great contact hitter - Gordon should strive to get there

Got someone trying to give me Swisher for J. Lowrie... Leaning towards no but anyone wanna change my mind?

ok
hey guys i need some fantasy advice.
would you trade justin upton for linecum and jj hardy?

currently my outfielders are josh hamilton, justin upton, luke scott, corey hart and allen craig. my short stop is elvis andrus.

Michael Saunders has been hitting well for the M's if you need an OF

Here's a sleeper pick, he's widely available and playing well lately - Brewers OF - Norichika Aoki

Fuentes is out as closer for the A's - grab Ryan Cook

Just got offered: miguel cabrera, mike bourn, and edwin jackson for ichiro, mike aviles, valverde, and verlander (currently on my team)

Should i accept it?

Originally Posted by senor chang

Just got offered: miguel cabrera, mike bourn, and edwin jackson for ichiro, mike aviles, valverde, and verlander (currently on my team)

Should i accept it?

yes, make that deal.

Miggy and Bourn are amazing right now, and all you're giving up is Verlander. Make the deal.

- Brandon Moss - OAK 1B/OF - playing well

- Tom Wilhelmsen has been incredible as the Mariners closer, he has a lock on the job

- Carlos Marmol is back as the closer for the Cubs

- Brandon Beachy is done for the year

- Justin Masterson threw his 2nd amazing game in a row

Big time Cubs prospect Anthony Rizzo has been called up.

Matt Capps and Brandon McCarthy to the DL

Back
Top Bottom